What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far this morning we have put on 2 loads of washing and about to do the third load and hung them on the clothes line to dry and put out two loads of grey water out to water the rest of the back lawn. DH has repaired the rest of the tank zip that came unstitched with a leather awl and waxed thread so that it closes properly now and also tied the shade cloth privacy screen to the balcony so it doesn't blow around in the strong breezes we have here.

I have just stripped the bed and taken the dirty towels out of the bathroom and I will stain remove a towel and sheet that DH was struggling with due to our manure spreading and plowing yesterday and that will go in the next load.

Round 2 coming later :) .

I did way too much today, exhausted. The laundry can wait until tomorrow. I just got back home with a few groceries from the big town. I also stopped at the big garden center and bought about a dozen plants, mostly cooking herbs. I did get a couple of jalapeno pepper plants. I got a new water can for the porch plants. I wanted a metal one but they were out of them, had to get a plastic one.

@snappy1 I am there especially if those gorgeous cakes have buttercream icing on them, they look divine :) . At our church unfortunately all the members seem to be on a no sugar anything diet and if I took that they would not eat it. I did however take a whole orange cake with buttercream icing with orange juice and zest on top and they ate that.

I believe taking whole food groups out of anyone's diet is not a good thing unless you have some medical reason to do so. Eat everything in moderation and most people are fine.

It's a whipped cream type icing I made. I cheated and used cool whip which I know is bad for us but enough whipping cream would cost too much to make. Anyway, it is just pudding and cool whip. Recipe on pinterest. Turns out great and not too sweet! Could use sugar free of both but I just won't do that!

It's a whipped cream type icing I made. I cheated and used cool whip which I know is bad for us but enough whipping cream would cost too much to make. Anyway, it is just pudding and cool whip. Recipe on pinterest. Turns out great and not too sweet! Could use sugar free of both but I just won't do that!

About a quart of heavy whipping cream would have done the job for less that $4. I go through a quart or 2 a week. Great in coffee, fat bombs and a lot of the foods I eat.

@Sewingcreations15 Cool Whip is made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil (including coconut and palm kernel oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skimmed milk, light cream (less than 2%), sodium caseinate, natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, sodium polyphosphate,

It is artificial whipped cream. I don't buy it.

And I though monostearate was a volcanic island in the Caribbean sea that blew up... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Visited with cousins this morning at their farm. We all went shopping at the thrift store and then went to the local place for fried pickles and soft serve ice cream. Then back to our farm. Made two chocolate cream pies for the coffee break I'm hosting in the a.m. Back to my cousins for dinner, and then took Mom back to Menno Manor. Bedtime. We have a ton of ladies here at 9 tomorrow for breakfast

I'm telling ya Mon! I'm easing through the woods in an on and off misty rain, with my little pellet rifle for snakes, and looking for Turkey sign. I just jumped about 1/2 dozen or so deer off the bed, squirrels everywhere, beautiful day! I've seen quite a bit of sign but it's all in dense underbrush. Not much room for an arrow.
Have I said I love retirement too? LolView attachment 5709
It sounds like my kind of paradise,I envy you.

That's incredible. Does it always rain in your area so much in the early spring, gumpy? I'm not looking forward to the typical spring tornado/hail/wind/flooding.

I don't think so. This is our first spring up here in Tennessee. Someone told me last week that during the next drought, everyone would chip in and hire me to build a house so it would rain!

Celebrating our 44th anniversary with a T-bone on the grill, corn on the cob and baked potato for gramps and a sweet potato for me. Cake in a cup for a sweet.

congratulations2.gif

On your anniversary!

Round 2 of today is that DH and I made the bed with fresh sheets and I deep cleaned the bathroom and toilet and mopped all of the floors in the house including around the fireplace. DH has vacuumed the whole home for the week too.

Shortly we will take in the other part of the washing and fold up 4 loads of washing and wash up and wipe up the dirty dishes in the kitchen.

We are trying to get all of our housework where possible done before tomorrow being Good Friday and tomorrow we will spend some time cooking in the kitchen and making some granola and some treats as well as reading some scriptures.

Back from "The Dark Side" a day early. Im Gassed. Went in to town. Had a nice Visit with Ms Chen. Went to get Deep Tissue. Grilled Carne. Waiting for 5PM to drink some Beers. I never drink before 5 as I can make up for it past 5. Semper Fi. LOL

Back