What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to @backlash and the Queen of his household. They said we wouldn't make it, I was too young and wild. People change.
@Hooch sounds like a rough road. Hope you can figure out what is best for you. Sounds like you are making the slower decisions, good. Honestly, can't imagine selling a place if I had one and didn't need to sell. I always felt like if I felt chaotic or pushed, panicky, then be still.
I do like where I've landed but it is alot all by myself. Life is short, I'd like to see the country..go rock hounding n adventuring while I still can. Inflation is making my dream future cabin unaffordable now on just my income..unless I'm willing to work till I'm 70.
I am going to reevaluate my situation n options this winter n see what the economy does n all that. It's not all bad..I just get frustrated but I've learned to slow down too when I get like this n gain perspective...

I forget what the ringed ones are for (axes maybe?), but the others with the ties are sword frogs. I have one on my sword.

We're going to a Ren Faire on Sat, I will be dressing up as a barbarian warrior in leather and fur and my son is going to be a plague doctor. DH doesn't dress up. XD
Oooooo, pictures!!

Dropped off the winch to be installed on the side by side. Should be delivered Thursday. Found the key for the old quad. That left me figuring how to get the non-running quad out of yard. Tried anf failed to push the beast. Resorted to thinking.

I can use the winch on the new side by side to drag to quad!

Put it to use as soon as I get it. Cool.

Ben

My favorite cousin's son in law saw the half a tree that fell in the storm a few days ago and came by on the tractor and moved it all to the burn pile. Just saved us a ton of work, he's a sweet man. Chores around here, and went to the amish store for a few groceries. Put together a shelf for little granddaughter's room, but it's looking like I better get in there and clean it out a bit before the shelf goes in. Laundry done. Freeze dryer loaded with apples, dehydrator loaded with chopped tomatoes. We have very hot weather until Thursday, then hopefully it'll be done and I'll be ready to work on the new greenhouse.

Canceled DISH Network satellite TV today. Only had to tell the guy five times, which is a record. Normally you have to repeat "I want to cancel my account" at least 17 times, to three different people, after waiting on hold for 45 minutes, to get it done.

They didn't even want the DVR or the satellite dish back. I guess it was too old to be useful for anyone. And in another gesture of good will, they offered to waive the 81 cents that would have appeared on my final bill.

So today's load wasn't so horrible.

Attachments

• 20220919_172840.jpg
    20220919_172840.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I forget what the ringed ones are for (axes maybe?), but the others with the ties are sword frogs. I have one on my sword.

We're going to a Ren Faire on Sat, I will be dressing up as a barbarian warrior in leather and fur and my son is going to be a plague doctor. DH doesn't dress up. XD
Is th it a Doctor in the house?

Attachments

• F3BC4294-52E6-439B-9991-7ABE25F4C7F6.jpeg
    F3BC4294-52E6-439B-9991-7ABE25F4C7F6.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Is th it a Doctor in the house?

Awesome! Magus is right, people will love those with Halloween coming up!

And yes, I'll post pics. I can't decide which colored contacts to wear though, I usually go with one bright blue and one bright green eye. But I have white too, which are really creepy looking. Could do one green or blue and one white.

I wish I had black. I have pairs of bright blue, bright green, white and then red that's more subtle than the others. I have dark eyes so had to get bright colors for them to be noticeable.

Marylin Manson has one thats just a dot. idiot poked an eye out headbanging with his butcher knife mic and just kept right on with
the show he was so fried.

Speaking of crazy, I wore this and a cowl trickertreating with my nieces one night. they got FULL bags! Yes, its a shovel. :)

Attachments

• 546481_228648007241720_1919177516_n.jpg
    546481_228648007241720_1919177516_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
dademoss, I'm so sorry about Willow.
I forgot to comment that I love Ren fest. We used to go to one in TX (I forget the town). Loved the Other Brothers juggling act. The costumes and stuff were always fun to see.
Rusty, I'm glad they got it on the 2nd try. Hope next time its on the 1st.
Today I got woken up by my brother (I was napping) & he was nearly apoplectic about his bank. They told him he couldn't get his $3k back in his savings bc it had been over 60 days since the theft & it was too late to file a claim-- but he filed a claim Aug 1. I took him to the bank & the woman who filed his paperwork was busy. We sat awhile and talked to another lady & got nowhere. Went to Panda to eat, then Samsclub. Then back to the bank. Lady was free and was perplexed as to why they claimed they didn't get it. She pulled up the e-mail where she sent it to them, reprinted a copy of the form (showing original date it was filed) and sent it to them again with a note that she'd sent it before, client was pissed & wanted his money & interest on it & that it was clearly fraud & they needed to give him his $ back.
He felt a bit better after that, but now the waiting game begins. At least he has enough documentation to sue them if they refuse to return it.
Took Mom's laptop to friend's house to see if he could fix it. No dice. Seems the screen died. It will work if she hooks it to a tv via HDMI though. She's missing out on her games for now. I need to buy a longer HDMI cable so it can reach her laptop.
Got back home and tried to clean the sink with barkeeper's friend. Followed the directions but it did nothing. Those are some tough stains. I'm going to try vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda next.

It never ends.....
So we THOUGHT we were going to have a good day yesterday. Got the refund for the tiller. The store manager messed around with it for almost an hour and put it together wrong ( not like in the instructions) and finally decided to give us the refund. And indeed it was made in China....the other guy there said we should have bought one made in the U.S. they work great....hmmmmm

Then we went to pick up the hay. They made super heavy bales, very far apart so it took us several hours to load up the trailer. I thought the truck was going to overheat . We finally almost got done and it started raining...it was not supposed to rain and when I looked later, that was the only tiny rain cloud anywhere. It didn't get much wet but a little.

On the way home, driving 35 mph the entire way since the load was so heavy , we get a call from son " my car doesn't start and I have a test". SIgh.....
I let him drive mine ( with the bad idle). He did make it there but said the whole vehicle shook when he was stopped at a light.

What do you do if you have to get a vehicle repaired fast, but all the repair shops are too busy and give you a date at least 2 weeks out? Rent one\? I don't know if son is old enough to get a rental He's 24.
I just want to cry:(
We still have to put up the hay and figure out how he gets to school today since he has 2 more tests.

My brother learned he has pancreatic cancer last stage, he’s so sick, it’s spread to every part , lungs, stomach, everywhere. I’m so broken, he hasn’t told mom,she has really short term memory,she’s 89, please keep my family in your prayers. There were 6 of us, 4 brothers, one sister, The youngest three are gone already, sis was 38and passed of desert storm syndrome, my family is nearly gone, I need to be strong for mom, I really dread telling her.

My brother learned he has pancreatic cancer last stage, he’s so sick, it’s spread to every part , lungs, stomach, everywhere. I’m so broken, he hasn’t told mom,she has really short term memory,she’s 89, please keep my family in your prayers. There were 6 of us, 4 brothers, one sister, The youngest three are gone already, sis was 38and passed of desert storm syndrome, my family is nearly gone, I need to be strong for mom, I really dread telling her.
Praying for you and your family!! I'm so sorry for your news!!

My thoughts are with you and your family, sending you strength. @bamadeb48

I spent the morning in class; now getting stuck into projects. One of the pieces I'm writing is about a place I visited in Alaska some years back. In a moment of distraction decided to look up the Iditarod site, as I hadn't been on in a while. On my bucket list is to follow a part of it. Shocked and saddened to see Lance Mackey has passed away. Never met the man, just admired his tenacity.

No news this side of the Atlantic, next week will be our annual Gov budget, which will be interesting. As it stands I'll have to make some more serious cutbacks in our home, as a source of income I had is ending. I'm reminded of 8-year-old me 'playing house' and because it's not good for the head to wallow, I'm treating it like a game. Madness maybe, but you gotta laugh- there's always someone worse off.

Latest posts

Back