What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The foolish man built his house upon the sand,house upon the sand, house upon the sand. The foolish man built his house upon the sand and the house came tumbling down!
The wise man built his house upon the rock, house upon the rock. The wise man built his house upon the rock and the HOUSE ON THE ROCK STOOD FIRM!
I love that song!
It is a song.

@Weedygarden Did you ever watch the movie Daddy’s Dying… Who’s got the Will?

I recorded it off cable many years ago, no longer own vhs tapes though. Anyway, it’s a very funny movie and sweet at the same time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099342/
I have not seen that. I will look for it. We can get movies from our library.

We had cable for a while, and for a while had HBO and Showtime gratis. We had boxes of VHS tapes that we recorded. A few years ago I cleaned out all of those recorded tapes and left them in the alley. They disappeared.

I watched the movie "300" last night, the 2007 movie about the Spartans. Sometimes I just like to sit here and watch a nice relaxing movie about brave men killing evil men in mass. Even if it wasn't very historically accurate.

The foolish man built his house upon the sand,house upon the sand, house upon the sand. The foolish man built his house upon the sand and the house came tumbling down!
The wise man built his house upon the rock, house upon the rock. The wise man built his house upon the rock and the HOUSE ON THE ROCK STOOD FIRM!
I love that song!
When you talk about your home being built on a large rock, I thought exactly about this, but not just the song, the biblical reference. Matthew 7:24-27
(ESV)
Build Your House on the Rock

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

There are certainly funny lines but it's a drama/mystery show. There are two or three 1 1/2 hour shows on each of 19 disks.

Tried to find it tonight on netflix and regular tv. Came back here and saw "old" British cop series. Must be available on cd?

I loved Lost, my wife just watched Person of Interest and I saw a few, now I'm watching all of it myself. Otherwise on You Tube, I watch Arctic and Antarctic explorer docs., Southern Prepper 1 videos, Doomsday Preppers and Lance Armstrong videos. I know some folks don't like him but I could have taken double doses of everything he took and I'm still not winning the Tour De France.:(

I just watched an amazing show on PBS, it's a documentary called "Unrest" by Jennifer Brea. She was a harvard grad film maker. It's on netflix for those of you who have access.

It about an illness I have had for 22 years. Sometimes I have symptoms as severe as some of the folks in the film. Thankfully those are rare for me. Mrs Brea also came down with this illness, she documented it on film.

Tried to find it tonight on netflix and regular tv. Came back here and saw "old" British cop series. Must be available on cd?

A friend loaned it to me on DVD. You can watch it on Amazon Prime but you need to get britbox for an additional $6.99/mo so I'd guess that buying it would be less expensive. There are 19 discs in the set so it will take awhile to watch it.

I loved Lost, my wife just watched Person of Interest and I saw a few, now I'm watching all of it myself. Otherwise on You Tube, I watch Arctic and Antarctic explorer docs., Southern Prepper 1 videos, Doomsday Preppers and Lance Armstrong videos. I know some folks don't like him but I could have taken double doses of everything he took and I'm still not winning the Tour De France.:(

I liked Person Of Interest alot, and Royal Pains too although totally different.

@Caribou , Did you see Netflix " Northwest Passage " series ? It reminded us of you when they went into detail about the plight of the caribou now. Very interesting history too. And showed how th Inuits clean a caribou ucke! They don't waste one piece of the animal.

Wrong name.Name of series was " The Polar Sea ". A really good show with all kinds of history and climate change, animals, Inuits, French , Spainish, Uk trying to make the voyage from east to west. Seafarrign the ice is amazing.

Last edited:
@Caribou , Did you see Netflix " Northwest Passage " series ? It reminded us of you when they went into detail about the plight of the caribou now. Very interesting history too. And showed how th Inuits clean a caribou ucke! They don't waste one piece of the animal.

I don't have netflix, what "plight" do they tell you that the caribou are in? I saw 2,000 caribou one day and was told that if I'd crossed one more ridge I'd have seen 20,000 caribou.

I've been hunting with the Yupik Eskimo but never with the Inuit. I'm glad that I tried the pickled moose nose but once is enough in this lifetime.

Then you would love Netflix ' The Polar Sea ' we watched all but one series this week.

Latest posts

Back