What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We watched the first three episodes of this one and it was so funny. After that we didn't care for it anymore though. It got too liberal after that.

Hey Peanut, who won't the Charlotte race tonight. I missed that and Indy today. I'm hopin Chase Elliot did well. He's my pick since Jr retired.

Truex won, had the fastest car all night despite the fact he blew a right front and smacked the wall about 30 laps in... After that I think he was even faster. :rolleyes:

Chase was there til the end... top 5 I think, led a lot of laps.

I don't keep up like I did before Dale Sr Died. It's just diofferent now. But I've followed in since the late 60's. David Pearson used to be the man. It has chaned a lot and not for the better as years have went on. But it's still racing. I was more into motorcylces anyway.

@Meerkat I didn't watch ANY of those, just saw a few examples of what they offered and thought it looked educational.
I don't watch documentaries of people being murdered. I'm sorry if I posted something that is nothing but a complete failure for everyone.

Patch you didn't post anything wrong to me. Sorry if I made it look that way. :huggs:

@Meerkat I didn't watch ANY of those, just saw a few examples of what they offered and thought it looked educational.
I don't watch documentaries of people being murdered. I'm sorry if I posted something that is nothing but a complete failure for everyone.

I went back to see what I said and it wasn't about you it was about what had just happened to me , so much change now is all.

View attachment 11063 I am watching the cutest tree frogs emerging from the water as they morph from tadpoles...

Fresh out of the water today! Name is Bud. Two of its brothers are named Weis and Er. (Bud, Weis, Er) Inspired by the old Budweiser Frogs commercial, lol.

OK, I will admit it: I am a reluctant adult...and have no plans for “acting my age” any time soon.

For some time now I have successfully rescued tadpoles from nearly dried up water puddles, raised them to froghood and turned most of them loose in my garden as bug patrol troops.

Here's that Budweiser commercial!

My froglets are TINY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember this film? It’s one of my favorite WW2 films, ex-Navy and all.

It been about 10 years since I’ve seen it broadcast. I’ve been watching it on the net for the past 4 or so years to buy the dvd... The price never changed $29.95, expensive for a dvd.

I finally spent the money… Have the late night wakies tonight so I am watching my new, very expensive dvd.

20190602_014230_v1.jpg

We are watching some Mystery Science Theater 3000. Funny stuff lol

Yesterday while eating supper we listened to some Best Of Chris Plant (sp?) on the radio

View attachment 11063 I am watching the cutest tree frogs emerging from the water as they morph from tadpoles...

Fresh out of the water today! Name is Bud. Two of its brothers are named Weis and Er. (Bud, Weis, Er) Inspired by the old Budweiser Frogs commercial, lol.

OK, I will admit it: I am a reluctant adult...and have no plans for “acting my age” any time soon.

For some time now I have successfully rescued tadpoles from nearly dried up water puddles, raised them to froghood and turned most of them loose in my garden as bug patrol troops.

Here's that Budweiser commercial!

My froglets are TINY!

View attachment 11064

Frogs are cute but very very loud and hatch by the millions it seems. We had to raise our pond to stop them visiting and our neighbor made mistake of backing up a small lake in his yard. We can hear them from here.
We had to hollar at each other sitting on the porch the noise was deafening.

Does anyone remember this film? It’s one of my favorite WW2 films, ex-Navy and all.

It been about 10 years since I’ve seen it broadcast. I’ve been watching it on the net for the past 4 or so years to buy the dvd... The price never changed $29.95, expensive for a dvd.

I finally spent the money… Have the late night wakies tonight so I am watching my new, very expensive dvd.

View attachment 11073

I saw that one and every other one back in the 50s and 60s as a kid at the Drive In Theatres. Parents loved those movies and convienance of drive in's. What good times and great movies.

We watched this one last night on youtube for $3.99. Its old but we never saw it.
Just what I needed more imput about the OutHouse. But all kidding aside it was good movie.
True story about outed CIA Valarie Plame.

Frogs are cute but very very loud and hatch by the millions it seems. We had to raise our pond to stop them visiting and our neighbor made mistake of backing up a small lake in his yard. We can hear them from here.
We had to hollar at each other sitting on the porch the noise was deafening.

Wow! That is something else! But, at least you probably don't have as many mosquitoes as some of us have, lol.

Wow! That is something else! But, at least you probably don't have as many mosquitoes as some of us have, lol.

For about a month I'd see a little toad frog on my porch. A couple of weeks ago he disappeared. I water my porch plants after dark in the cool of the evening. 2 nights ago I watered them.

A few minutes later I went back out on the porch. There was my little buddy... the toad! He was in one of my yarrow pots! The rim of that pot is 14.5 inches above the porch. How that little toad managed to get all the way up there is beyond me!

He looked annoyed, after all, I had just given him a good soaking! :D

Last edited:
I just spent the last 45 minutes watching the potted plants on my porch. I didn't see the toad but learned something new. In every pot it looks like something has been digging. Each pot has at least one little pocket dug into the soil... the size of the little toad!

It's the little toad! During the day he digs into the soil... cool, damp and shady. The only plant this affects is my cilantro! It's root system isn't the strongest and the toad is why it keeps falling over!

I like the idea of the little toad eating bugs and getting fat! And I know of a way to keep my cilantro from falling over... will be fixed tomorrow!

Ha ha, Peanut! Frogs are good bug patrol troops, but toads are downright formidable bug patrolers in my garden. One year I had a blast with a bunch of toads that I raised from itty bitty to big-big... I found a Youtube video of earthworms moving around then played it on my phone, which was propped up against the outside of the glass toad tank.

What happened next was Youtube-worthy. All the little toadlets gathered near the phone, like little kids watching TV. First one, then eventually all of the toads struck the glass trying to eat the earthworms. Again and again, they tried in vain to get their fill of the most tantalizing meal they have ever seen.

I laughed until I cried.

Too funny, after the revelations tonight I was just wondering how I might raise a herd of toadies to patrol my plants! It's something I've never considered. Duh!

The obvious is sometimes the hardest thing to see!

Last edited:
We are watching some Mystery Science Theater 3000. Funny stuff lol

About 10 years ago Mystery Science Theater 3000 vanished from my channels. I loved the show! Hysterical... Shame... the Red Green show disappeared about the same time... What channel are you getting MST 3000 on?

Fun 005.jpg

Too funny, after the revelations tonight I was just wondering how I might raise a herd of toadies to patrol my plants! It's something I've never considered. Duh!

The obvious is sometimes the hardest thing to see!

Peanut, here is a collection of excellent frog /toad rearing info: http://www.pollywogsworldoffrogs.com/Text-html/tadpole-care.html

I have found tadpoles in water puddles, buckets, and ditches and brought them home, and raised a good number of these guys to adulthood.

I like to freeze organic romaine lettuce, kale and other greens, then roll bits of it between my fingers until well mushed before adding to the tadpole's water. They love this stuff! I raise the tadpoles outside in plastic shoeboxes with wire racks over the top to keep birds and other predators out. As soon as they get four legs, I transfer them to a smaller container inside a tall tree-frog habitat (from Petco or Petsmart). I lay a few sticks and leaves for them to climb out of the water. A large part of the floor is lined with paper towels moistened with water. I also raise crickets and feed the newly hatched pinhead crickets to the tiny frogs and toads. Keep the habitat clean, and the paper towel substrate changed every other day.

Right now, I am in a quandary because there are a mama garter snake and a bunch of her babies in my garden! They LOVE to eat frogs, toads, grasshoppers, crickets and such... The tree frogs have a better chance of surviving snake predation than toads. So there's that.

Last edited:
About 10 years ago Mystery Science Theater 3000 vanished from my channels. I loved the show! Hysterical... Shame... the Red Green show disappeared about the same time... What channel are you getting MST 3000 on?

View attachment 11097

We use to watch Red Green,he was funny. Made duck tape famous . I even used to see how I'd look without my turkey neck. Worked great, no more turkey neck :cool: till I took it off of course. :D

I have been watching this couple for about 6 years now,from motor home to sailboat catamaran sailing the world now. No agendas ,no politics just living their life.

Latest posts

Back