What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard it was great. Stopped watching after the first or second episode. Let me know if we should have given it a few more episodes.
I like it but it is not something I'd recommend to my wife. There is a chick flick my wife watches most years. She has never suggested that I should watch it. Both are excellent movies but neither is good for both of us. We all have our personal preferences.

As for something different we went with a Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin movie " Against the army" last night. We watch with subtitles on so we can understand the lyrics. Both of us were stymied when we read the word...

osculation

Learn something every day.

Ben

I have become addicted to YouTube and I have close to 200 content providers that I follow on YouTube from homesteading, motor sports, and religious topics. When my wife finds a good movie on Netflix or Amazon I will watch those with her. But most of those we turn off after a few minutes because they turn out to be filled with things that we don't want to see. We do not have cable or a antenna for local stations.

"Cold Skin" A Sci-Fi action movie. It is not something I would normally give a chance but I did and I was pleasantly surprised.

Any of you remember the Ken Burns series "The Civil War"? I thought it was great, bought it on vhs tape at the time.

It was re-released on dvd for it's 25th anniversary, which I bought.

Been watching it the last few nights.

I started watching "Escape from New York" again. I just realized that is the answer to save our country. Build a 50' high wall around DC, once in never out, cut off all communications and power, mine all the exit points. The movie draws an excellent blueprint.😂

I have become addicted to YouTube and I have close to 200 content providers that I follow on YouTube from homesteading, motor sports, and religious topics. When my wife finds a good movie on Netflix or Amazon I will watch those with her. But most of those we turn off after a few minutes because they turn out to be filled with things that we don't want to see. We do not have cable or a antenna for local stations.
I used to watch many YouTube video makers. Periodically I go through and purge my list due to the repetition of their content. I like watching homesteaders build and develop their homesteads. I don't watch all content by the people I follow, just topics that I am more interested in. I also speed up videos, and skip through.

Any of you remember the Ken Burns series "The Civil War"? I thought it was great, bought it on vhs tape at the time.

It was re-released on dvd for it's 25th anniversary, which I bought.

Been watching it the last few nights.
I've known people who talked about how excellent it was. I imagine that people who live in the areas, like you, where certain events and battles took place could get into it more. You may have had family members who fought in the Civil War. Not me. For someone like me who lives in Colorado, I have never been to a Civil War battlefield, nor driven by anything Civil War related. In all of my genealogy research, I have never found anyone I was related to be in the war.

I've known people who talked about how excellent it was. I imagine that people who live in the areas, like you, where certain events and battles took place could get into it more. You may have had family members who fought in the Civil War. Not me. For someone like me who lives in Colorado, I have never been to a Civil War battlefield, nor driven by anything Civil War related. In all of my genealogy research, I have never found anyone I was related to be in the war.

You're right, I forget that sometimes. Almost every family in the south was touched by death, mine included. What happened in the years after the war was in some ways worse for the average family. And the wealthy slave owners just gained more power... like anderson coopers family.

I like studying history though, and military history. Heck, I even have a copy of Caesar's commentaries on the Galic and Civil wars. Locally the history of our civil war is every where. For instance southern cavalry crossed my farm and rode down my driveway. Right at the end of the war. A small southern cavalry was ghosting a large union force on the other side of a river. When that large force got to Tuskaloosa they burned it. The university was also burned which was fair, it’d been turned into a military academy.

I’m sure no noticed this on the news in 2015…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannonballs under the sidewalk? 7 facts about the University of Alabama and the Civil War

Published: Jun. 21, 2015, 1:17 p.m

Could a cache of 10 Civil War-era cannonballs was discovered June 19, 2015, on the campus of the University of Alabama been made by Tuscaloosa's Leach and Avery Foundry? Let's take a look at the campus during the Civil War. The president's mansion, shown here, was one of only a few campus buildings spared during Union occupation of the campus. (Source: University of Alabama Libraries)

Explosive ordnance disposal technicians were called to the University of Alabama campus Friday afternoon after workers repairing a sidewalk discovered a cache of 10 Civil War era cannonballs. (Stephen Dethrage | AL.com

labama-and-the-civil-war.jpg

Last edited:
Couple nights ago I saw the first episode of a new tv show. "True Lies", yep, a spin off of the 90's movie with jl curtis and arnold.

It wasn't horrible, wasn't great either. Lots of action scenes though so it wasn't boring. If the writing gets better I might continue to watch.

Just watched this weeks episode of True Lies. Funnier this week, decent action. Jury is still out but worth watching again.

I’ve been watching Breaking Bad on dvd this week. Last night I watched the first meetings with the character “Tuco”, the insane drug dealer.

Latest posts

Back