What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The Physician", a young man studies medicine.

"Boundless", the voyage of Magellan.

I don't list anything I don't like. If I tell you about a movie I like it.

Fauda.

Israeli show, on Netflix. You can watch it in English, but I hate watching dubbed shows. I'd rather watch in the original language, and read the subtitles. (The trailer subtitles are harder to read than the actual show. The trailer moves fast, but this trailer was better than the Netflix one, since it only shows scenes from season 1.)

I had to promise myself I wouldn't review this show until I completed the first season, because it was a roller coaster. I was intrigued...and then I went for a while without watching. I had a red eye flight and picked the show back up. I got to episode 7 (or so), and and loved it...yeah!...Hemingway's "code hero" kicking butt and taking names. Got to the next episode, and hated it within the first 30 seconds (not sure what it says about me, but I'd rather watch a bunch of violence rather than watch a cheating husband). Kept watching in spite of that. Good show. I'm only one season into it, but I will probably watch season 2.

Last edited:
I just watched an older one last night. The Third Man. Released in 1949. Despite being a well known film noir/mystery, I had never seen it. My friend says it's his favorite movie. I wouldn't go that far, but it was good.

Been watching my Breaking Bad dvds. On season 4, the Whites just bought the car wash. War with the cartel is getting hot, sniper guy has shown up.

I watched bits and pieces of the godfather the other day, both 1 and 2.

Lou (on Netflix)

I thought it was pretty good.

Look closely at Lou, the main character. She is played by Allison Janney, whom I remember as the White House Press Secretary on West Wing. This role was nothing like her role on West Wing. I have to give her some cred for acting...she shows some range here.

When They See Us

When They See Us is a 2019 American crime drama television miniseries created, co-written, and directed by Ava DuVernay for Netflix, that premiered in four parts on May 31, 2019. It is based on events of the 1989 Central Park jogger case and explores the lives and families of the five Black and Latino male suspects who were falsely accused then prosecuted on charges related to the rape and assault of a white woman in Central Park, New York City. The series features an ensemble cast, including Jharrel Jerome, Asante Blackk, Jovan Adepo, Michael K. Williams, Logan Marshall-Green, Joshua Jackson, Blair Underwood, Vera Farmiga, John Leguizamo, Felicity Huffman, Niecy Nash, Aunjanue Ellis, Marsha Stephanie Blake, and Kylie Bunbury.

When They See Us received critical acclaim, with particular praise for its cast. At the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards, it received 11 nominations; Jerome won for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie while it was nominated for Outstanding Limited Series and Ellis, Nash, Blackk, Leguizamo, Williams, Blake, and Farmiga all received acting nominations. The series also won the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Limited Series.

A companion special, titled Oprah Winfrey Presents When They See Us Now, in which the cast, the creator, and the exonerated five are interviewed, premiered on June 12, 2019, on Netflix and the Oprah Winfrey Network.[5]

Premise​

When They See Us is based on events of the April 19, 1989, Central Park jogger case and explores the lives of the five suspects who were prosecuted on charges related to the sexual assault of a female victim, and of their families. The five juvenile males of color, the protagonists of the series: Kevin Richardson (Asante Blackk), Antron McCray (Caleel Harris), Yusef Salaam (Ethan Herisse), Korey Wise (Jharrel Jerome), and Raymond Santana (Marquis Rodriguez), were divided by the prosecutor into two groups for trial. Each youth was convicted by juries of various charges related to the assault; four were convicted of rape. They were sentenced to maximum terms for juveniles except for Korey Wise. He had been held in facilities and served his time in prison.

They filed a suit against the city in 2003 for wrongful conviction and were awarded a settlement in 2014.[6]

Been recording Barnwood Builders new season. Just watched first episode last night. They were kind of in my neck of the woods for this build. Recognized several of the places they were at.
I always dream about them building a cabin or preferably a timber frame for me. I'd love to spend a month working with them to learn their craft.

We have a cable channel called ME TV, short for Memorable Entertainment. Everything they show is old TV shows. I have gone down the rabbit hole with the old Perry Mason series. They show two episodes a day. ome in the morning and one at night. My mother loved that show, I remember her never missing an episode.

I enjoy the show, but what is really fun is seeing all of the stars that were nobodies and just up and coming at the time. Usually I can recognize them, but I wait for the credits to confirm my guess. One I had to double check. I was sure it was Ellen Burstyn, but her name wasn't even Burstyn at the time. It was Ellen McCrae before she was married, so it was Ellen McCrae in the credits. Many big names made guest appearances on Perry Mason.

We have a cable channel called ME TV, short for Memorable Entertainment. Everything they show is old TV shows. I have gone down the rabbit hole with the old Perry Mason series. They show two episodes a day. ome in the morning and one at night. My mother loved that show, I remember her never missing an episode.

I enjoy the show, but what is really fun is seeing all of the stars that were nobodies and just up and coming at the time. Usually I can recognize them, but I wait for the credits to confirm my guess. One I had to double check. I was sure it was Ellen Burstyn, but her name wasn't even Burstyn at the time. It was Ellen McCrae before she was married, so it was Ellen McCrae in the credits. Many big names made guest appearances on Perry Mason.
I love to watch old movies and shows and recognize an actor or actress from their early days in the business, when yes, at that time, they were nobodies. I love to see their names in the credits, in the list of actors in the general pool, not leading or supporting.

I have been watching the Masters as much as I can. It is my favorite tournament of the year. The golf course is gorgeous. I wish the weather would cooperate.

Watched H.B. Halicki's original 'GONE IN 60 SECONDS' yesterday, that has to be the BEST CAR CHASE EVER FILMED, and I've seen good car chases in other action movies like 'BULLITT' and 'VANISHING POINT' and 'SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT'---but I reckon this flick has 'em all beat, lol. It has some really funny scenes too, like the one where Granny thumps the hood of each passing car with her umbrella, lol. That scene is HILARIOUS, lol. And later, she gets interviewed by some news dork and she complains about her umbrella being ruined, lol. I also like the scene where the black guy goes to steal the pimpwagon and that tiger cub gets his attention, lol... that's a funny scene. 🤣

There are some SWEET RIDES in that movie too, not just the "stolen cars" in the warehouse, but vehicles on the street during filming... some of those sweet rides got all torn up too, more's the pity. And even though 'Eleanor' takes a beating during the chase and turns ugly, that car is BAD@$$, yeah? The acting in the movie sucks, I don't think any of the actors received an Academy Award, lol, but the DRIVING is INSANE! Some of those cuts 'Eleanor' makes in the dirt are truly amazing, and when she takes to the air, well, look out! Pretty sure there were different ramps under her when the cameras changed perspective, lol. ;)

I was roughly 12 years old when this movie came out in 1974, and I can still remember seeing it with my older brothers down at the local theater, which was only 2 or 3 blocks from our home in Coronado. It's an entertaining film, especially on the big screen... my 65" curved screen did a pretty good job though, I have it set up like a home theater with the leather couch facing the screen. Great movie, I had to rewind a couple parts and watch 'em again, they were just that classic. You can tell 'Eleanor' has a tricked-out motor too, it sounds mighty healthy, lol. Oh, yeah, that aerial shot of the Queen Mary in "Wrong Beach" was also worth seeing... nowadays the ship would be obscured by smog, lol. :oops:

GREAT MOVIE FOR GEARHEADS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT... THE REMAKE SUCKS, LOL. 😎

P.S. I like the scene where they burn the Caddy full of heroin, lol... took that nasty chemical cr@p off the street! :thumbs:

Last edited:
I watched the newest episodes of Star Trek: Picard, The Mandalorian, and season 20 episodes of Father Brown. I've also been watching season 3 episodes of Vera.
I also watched some videos about HVAC systems and reversing valves bc I was worried mine was jammed for some reason. Fortunately, it seems my system needed the condensate line cleared with bleach and a filter change.

So, since I'm F#%NG OFF today, I watched the original 'GONE IN 60 SECONDS' again, and boy, was it STILL ever entertaining, lol. I'm pretty sure those scenes toward the end with the six black potheads riding in the Psycho"Billy" Cadillac would now be considered "RACIST" by most libtards & woketards, lol. And those are some HILARIOUS scenes too, I laughed just as hard today... the final 'BILLY' scenes with the fire under the hood were CLASSIC, looked like they were BBQing some yardbird under there, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! o_O

Started watching 'EAT MY DUST' with a young Ron Howard, but it wasn't in the same class, though the cars are still sweet, lol. Ron Howard was better in his youth, like the role he had in 'THE SHOOTIST' with John Wayne. Hollywood ruined him, lol, as it has ruined so many promising young actors & actresses. Meh, that's the price ya pay when ya mess with the Propaganda Arm of dirty globalist swine, lol. Anyway, I'm about to mack a big ol' chicken burrito, then do the dishes and probably read a Western tonight. Tomorrow's another day! :cool:

I watched "TransAtlantic" over the weekend. It is seven episodes long about helping Jews escape Europe....excellent.

'Defiance' with Daniel Craig & Liev Schreiber has always been one of the Great Ones, on that topic, imo.. Highly recommend, if you've not seen it.. 👍

Curiosity got the better of me the other night, and I was Really surprised how Good this flik was:

WARNING: for some odd reason, the Volume on this preview-clip is absurdly 'blown out', like on level 22 o_O So, adjust the clip volume WAY down before you watch it, but... The fight scenes were Excellent, and - most of - the gunfights were at least 'believably accurate'.. And I was Astonished to discover it is from 2012! :eek: Guess that's what ya get when you don't 'watch much tv'... :)

This weekend, I think we might 'binge watch' 1883 again, because yah - It's Just That Good... :cool:

jd

'Defiance' with Daniel Craig & Liev Schreiber has always been one of the Great Ones, on that topic, imo.. Highly recommend, if you've not seen it.. 👍

Curiosity got the better of me the other night, and I was Really surprised how Good this flik was:

WARNING: for some odd reason, the Volume on this preview-clip is absurdly 'blown out', like on level 22 o_O So, adjust the clip volume WAY down before you watch it, but... The fight scenes were Excellent, and - most of - the gunfights were at least 'believably accurate'.. And I was Astonished to discover it is from 2012! :eek: Guess that's what ya get when you don't 'watch much tv'... :)

This weekend, I think we might 'binge watch' 1883 again, because yah - It's Just That Good... :cool:

jd

I have seen it a few times. It is one of my favorite movies. I am all about how people survive in tough conditions.

Looks pretty solid. I'll have to check it out. I put it in my Netflix queue.

Latest posts

Back