What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have completed all of the Tolkien shows and movie followed by Harry Potter, Wizarding World, Wheel of Time, Lord of the Flies and Viva Los Vegas.

So for something different we started a series on Prime called " The Tick". A little strange but just enough of a change from what we had been watching.

Ben

I have this movie, it's a really good movie about an Indian spy that goes after some Pakistani terrorists , haven't watched it in a long time and tired of Chinese soap operas . I think I need to sign up for Netflix again

( couldn't find the whole movie on youtube so I just posted that , the movie is like 3 hours)

Some brilliant shows on here recently, all to do with the States.
Watched a documentary on how the buffalo was saved- it included a lot of history and interesting bits on forgotten people. Then last night a movie called Lone Star, never seen it before. This is meant to be a good book on it
1705748628886.png

Watching Second Hand Lions tonight, good movie. Duvall has been a favorite since he played Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird.

One of my all-time favorites. Tell me whay you think. For those with Amazon Prime they just concluded the second season of Reacher. I loved it. They are shooting a third season, which is very good news to me.

"Bravo! Common Men Uncommon Valor". Battle of Khe Sanh started 21 Jan '68 documentary. The siege lasted 77 days.

Some brilliant shows on here recently, all to do with the States.
Watched a documentary on how the buffalo was saved- it included a lot of history and interesting bits on forgotten people. Then last night a movie called Lone Star, never seen it before. This is meant to be a good book on it
View attachment 123140
I'd really like to watch this film. Was it called Last Stand, same as the book? Do you have a link or two to help me find it?

I had been watching Reacher, but it ended last Friday.

I was also watching Northern Exposure (I was working too much to watch when it originally aired), I was really getting into it until.... I read episode summaries ahead hoping to see if Joel and Maggie ever tie the knot and live happily ever after, when I realized that they didn't I just got totally bummed... I guess I'm a hopeless romantic and I wanted to see the quirky love story work out...

I had been watching Reacher, but it ended last Friday.

I was also watching Northern Exposure (I was working too much to watch when it originally aired), I was really getting into it until.... I read episode summaries ahead hoping to see if Joel and Maggie ever tie the knot and live happily ever after, when I realized that they didn't I just got totally bummed... I guess I'm a hopeless romantic and I wanted to see the quirky love story work out...

I bought the box set a few years ago because I never saw the end! One of my travel highlights was to visit the area it was filmed.

Like Urban i was working too much to see it regularly back then but really liked the show. (I now have the boxset on dvd). As luck would have it, a few years after the show I worked in Seattle for a couple months. I saw a brochure at the hotel, didn't know the show was filmed an hour away. So one weekend i drove up to Rosyln wa and had lunch at the Brick. Not much else to do there, a tiny town, pop.800 and it was winter.

Cicely AK 01.jpg
Cicely AK 02.jpg

Last edited:
Been watching Sam Elliot movies. I sometimes buy movies from the discount bin a walleys. A 3-movie pack of Sam E got misplaced in my dvd cabinet, sort of. I thought I had one, 3-movie set, turns out I have two different, 3 movie pkgs. 6 movies total.

Saw ‘The Rough Riders’ the other night, Teddy R. and San Juan hill, a good movie. Has Dale Dye, Berenger, Gary busey. Last night I saw ‘Desperate Trail’. Another good movie, Sam E. plays the bad guy in this one.

I bought another tv series on dvd. Only have few, usually wait until they are marked down on amzot. Spent to much on this one but it’s a show I really liked… Vikings! Watched 3 episodes this week, saw a few parts I missed when it was on tv. Go Ragnar!!! 😁

Tonight I watched the deleted scenes for the first 3 episodes. They really added to the story, should have left them in the show.

So don’t laugh at me… I watched all the Supernatural series on Netflix. It is literally a deep dive into the culture of generation X. You know with ghosts, demons, angels, vampires, werewolves, etc. thrown in. It’s downright addictive.

Latest posts

Back