What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So don’t laugh at me… I watched all the Supernatural series on Netflix. It is literally a deep dive into the culture of generation X. You know with ghosts, demons, angels, vampires, werewolves, etc. thrown in. It’s downright addictive.

I've never really watched it. I've seen a few episodes here or there. I thought it amusing... no matter the situation they always seem to have the right potion, crucifix or weapon in the trunk of their car... along with their luggage. 😁

f trunk.jpeg

Season 6 of Young Sheldon that just rolled out on Netflix.

Interesting that we never got into The Big Bang Theory, but the wife and I really like Young Sheldon. It's not that we hated The Big Bang Theory. I know I usually laughed when I watched it. But, for whatever reason, we just never felt the desire to make time to watch it.

But, we like the entire family on Young Sheldon...I guess we relate to them more than we do the characters on The Big Bang Theory. Tonight, after returning home from the local pizza joint, the wife said, "So......pajamas and Young Sheldon?" And I said, "Sounds good to me!" :)

Yeah...we maybe aren't the most exciting people. We'd like to be more youthful and exciting. But...what are you gonna do? We are who we are.

Interesting that we never got into The Big Bang Theory, but the wife and I really like Young Sheldon

A little bit of TV trivia: two of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard were so named to honor the long time actor and producuer of many TV shows Sheldon Leonard. Notables that he produced were The Danny Thomas Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle USMC, and the Dick Van Dyke Show.

I have gone down the rabbit hole with Longmire; a TV series on Netflix about a Wyoming county sheriff. Usually a murder mystery. I read the books, and really enjoy the series. I think it is well done.

A little bit of TV trivia: two of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory Sheldon and Leonard were so named to honor the long time actor and producuer of many TV shows Sheldon Leonard. Notables that he produced were The Danny Thomas Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle USMC, and the Dick Van Dyke Show.

I have gone down the rabbit hole with Longmire; a TV series on Netflix about a Wyoming county sheriff. Usually a murder mystery. I read the books, and really enjoy the series. I think it is well done.
My Hubby is a Longmire fan! They have the same coffee thermos, lol!! Good morning Morgan!!

My Hubby is a Longmire fan! They have the same coffee thermos, lol!! Good morning Morgan!!

Good Morning! IMHO the Longmire series is very much like the Joe Pickett novels written by CJ Box. Both set in Wyoming. Both in law enforecment (Longmire is a sheriff. Pickett is a game warden.) Both usually involve a murder investigation, and some interesting detective work. We just started a Netflix subscription, so I was lucky to find it.

Don't worry. I have already done the dishes.

Tucker Carlson interview with Vladimir Putin.

Two hours long. Kinda marathon? But I think it's important to see for yourself before the propaganda machine makes their "adjustments" to it?

Growing up in the eighties and remembering the outright hate and lies spewed on the alphabet television "news", seemed to have given us a superpower? A sixth sense? So we can be exposed to copius amounts of lies and propaganda and still come up with plausible scenarios on our own that are closer to the truth?

So besides that long and somewhat self indulging history mono tribe, much of the rest of the interview was exactly what I had suspected.

I'm curious how many watched? And what was your ultimate understanding of it? Besides that Carlson has big balls and committed to real journalism...

Local news. Our county just lost a police officer last night during a traffic stop. Damn thug has a 20+ year long violent list of felonies and was still loose. He is on the run as we speak. Surrounding counties officers have poured in to help, as has the state troopers.
Prayers requested for fallen Deputy Greg McCowan, and his family. Along with Deputy Shelby Eggers who was wounded in the same event. She was released from the hospital and expected a full recovery.

Home alone tonight, so....Dune (part 1) again. Getting ready for the sequel in theaters.

This movie does the best at telling the whole story so far (other two attempts before are almost embarrasing in comparison). And, yet, there are a few aspects of the story regarding which I only know the reason for the event happening in the movie because I read the book. Still worth watching if you haven't read the book...just slightly better if you have. Denis Villeneuve has done a spectacular job with this movie. Lots of bad scifi out there; this one is good.

Last edited:
I concur!!! excellent movie. Bought it on blu-ray... and paid full price. I never pay full price, wait til they get marked down. This movie is a cut above. I liked the book, read it years before i saw the '84 movie.

It does make more sense if you've read the book though.

--------------------------------------------

Watched racing last night and again tonight... speed week at Daytona. Nothing but garbage on tv since the college football season ended.

Kids at the 1956 Daytona Race Week, racing '56 Corvette pedal cars on the beach.

Kids at 1956.jpg

Well, it's 630 am, watched Petticoat Junction and 1/2 way through an hour of Beverly hillbillies. At 7, the cartoons come on for a nice saturday morning. After cartoons and "wild wild west" will be more backing and sorting.

I went down the rabbit hole with The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. I read and enjoyed one of the books, so I gave it a try. IMHO the second season was better than the first, but I enjoyed them both. The main character is a defense attorney, and they are murder mysteries.

I finally watched the last 2 episodes of the Chinese drama. It ended well!! This is a first, great drama all the way

started watching a new Gordon Ramsey cooking show next level, but I really hate the almost 2 minute commercials on hulu

Season 6 of Young Sheldon that just rolled out on Netflix.

Interesting that we never got into The Big Bang Theory, but the wife and I really like Young Sheldon. It's not that we hated The Big Bang Theory. I know I usually laughed when I watched it. But, for whatever reason, we just never felt the desire to make time to watch it.

But, we like the entire family on Young Sheldon...I guess we relate to them more than we do the characters on The Big Bang Theory. Tonight, after returning home from the local pizza joint, the wife said, "So......pajamas and Young Sheldon?" And I said, "Sounds good to me!" :)

Yeah...we maybe aren't the most exciting people. We'd like to be more youthful and exciting. But...what are you gonna do? We are who we are.
I finished watching the whole series earlier this week. It took me a while, and sometimes I forgot where I was at in the series.

I have been a fan of Big Bang Theory, and have watched lots of it. I want to start at the beginning, which I have a few times, but I want to finish it, which I have never done.

Latest posts

Back