Whats With Sept 23-24?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the topic again? last thing I remember, me and wingnut were having a bong hit and tequila shots and somehow we ended up here.
Somehow I think a flying saucer full of hot, naked, biker chick, cat women were involved. But was that before or after I got dressed up like a British butler wearing cowboy chaps and a space helmet? Where did Griz78 go?
Did they keep him? 0_0

OH YEAH! Something about bad news on the 24th?
Maybe the spaceship is coming on the 24th?

What was the topic again? last thing I remember, me and wingnut were having a bong hit and tequila shots and somehow we ended up here.
Somehow I think a flying saucer full of hot, naked, biker chick, cat women were involved. But was that before or after I got dressed up like a British butler wearing cowboy chaps and a space helmet? Where did Griz78 go?
Did they keep him? 0_0

OH YEAH! Something about bad news on the 24th?
Naw I'm here. They're all walking bowlegged and complaining that I drank all their bourbon.

For Y2K I increased my preps. Likewise for the end of the Mayan Calendar and half a dozen other times. Never been upset or surprised when the world didn't end. To me, they are all drills, until it isn't. Each time I'm more energized to prep. Each time I'm better prepared when it is past. I hope I get several more drills in before TEOTWAWKI. I don't expect to have much more time to prep.

For Y2K I increased my preps. Likewise for the end of the Mayan Calendar and half a dozen other times. Never been upset or surprised when the world didn't end. To me, they are all drills, until it isn't. Each time I'm more energized to prep. Each time I'm better prepared when it is past. I hope I get several more drills in before TEOTWAWKI. I don't expect to have much more time to prep.
I so agree. Every "event" is another chance to add more.

Today I drove by a house that I drove by before Y2k on my way to work. The backyard fence was lined with fire wood. It was at the bottom of foothills, so the road was so up and down. You came over a hill and could see right into the yard. Shortly after Y2K, the wood was gone. It was gone too quickly to have been used as fuel.

I so agree. Every "event" is another chance to add more.

Today I drove by a house that I drove by before Y2k on my way to work. The backyard fence was lined with fire wood. It was at the bottom of foothills, so the road was so up and down. You came over a hill and could see right into the yard. Shortly after Y2K, the wood was gone. It was gone too quickly to have been used as fuel.
A lot of the Y2K preppers sold their preps and figured that they were stupid. I'm sure some of them are still using Y2K as a reason not to prep.

A lot of the Y2K preppers sold their preps and figured that they were stupid. I'm sure some of them are still using Y2K as a reason not to prep.
I know that I heard people talking about it and laughing about people who stocked up in preparation for it. I never thought it was funny. I thought they were wise. I recently remembered that I bought a prepackaged food storage in #10 cans in 1981. I believe it was an MLM thing. When I moved in 1986, I sold it.

Exactly this! I'm relieved when nothing happens, but how much longer are we going to be blessed with that?

In this crazy world we're living in today, something's gotta break. I'm thinking that's going to be sooner, rather than later. I try to take advantage of every time I get the opportunity to be more ready. I have never yet regreted it. I know I'm not ready for every event, nor do I think anyone is. I just hope to hold out long enough to make a positive difference and maybe help some others during the bumpy times. If nothing else, I'll likely beat further inflation if I buy today rather than tomorrow. I rarely think twice about purchases anymore.....if it's there, and I know I'll need or use it, I will buy it.....and that's not how I normally roll.

I don't think I'll have the opportunity to get to town before the weekend, but I have been spending more time getting my house in order. That includes organizing things and getting things cleaned up and shored up, including paperwork. I'll have all the laundry done by Friday and the camper ready to go. I also plan on filling all the vehicles and any empty gas cans. I heard today on the radio that if the railroad strike happens, gas lines will form and shortages will occur due to no oil being hauled to refineries. Even if that doesn't happen, just the mere mention of it on the radio may cause panic.

I have a feeling that 'something' is going to happen before November (or maybe even right after), so even if it's not this weekend, it'll be soon. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Covid was just a dry run to see what they could get away with and how compliant people would be. The next go around won't be so mild (as if all the damage caused was mild).

Well, the camper is all cleaned up and ready to roll. If nothing else, for one more trip this year in the next few weeks. I fueled up the car yesterday and got a few groceries at the local store. I have the last laundry load or two to finish up today, while cleaning up the house. I also got a bedroom cleaned out last week too and went through some paperwork that I either filed or ditched. If nothing happens (which I pray for), then I'm still ahead.

I had dreams last week of grid power outages and last night of alien spaceships. :oops: But, I also dreamed of Jesus' crucifixion. I started watching Passion of the Christ, so I'm sure that's where that came from. Still, I'm going to concentrate on resting in Jesus' peace. He didn't suffer for nothing.....he loves us, and I have to remember that no matter what happens (even if it's nothing) he's got this. I will do my chores today in peace and I am looking forward to the plans I have for fun this weekend:)

Hey, my birthday is the 27th. It's my 50th and I'd kind of like to celebrate the end of my youth in peace, thank you very much!

I think it's like every other conspiracy theory. It's crap, unless you want it to be true or you need it to be true to justify your feelings about something. In that case, if you look hard enough, you can find some sort of BS that confirms your pre existing biases.

I'm not worried about it. I'll be too busy watching a documentary about secret Nazi bases in Antarctica that are sending out global mind control particle beams...😵‍💫
I'm wondering if it is listed wrong here on the forum, or if I have it wrong on my spreadsheet?

Latest posts

Back