Why your forum name?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first paralegal position was working for a liability attorney. Liability attorneys deal with torts. The primary aims of tort law are to provide relief to injured parties for harms caused by others, to impose liability on parties responsible for the harm, and to deter others from committing harmful acts. As the paralegal/investigator for that attorney it was my job to "mind" what was going on in his cases, do his legal research and basically write complaints, responses, briefs and trial notebooks. Ergo, "tortminder"
---tort--
Do you mind if I send you a PM? My daughter was looking at going to school for paralegal studies and I have a question.

We have a wanna be homestead, when I was a younger lad my BMX racing number was 33, basketball # was 33, my age is past that but I once was 33! 33 just happened to be my wife's favorite number to so it just worked out. Was cqp33 on PS, changed it well because I did! cqp is my initials.

As a kid in high school with first car, street racing was the thing to do. Married and settled down so end of racing. Reached a point in life where it was do it now or never. Guess I am just a kid at heart because drag racing is as enjoyable now as in high school. And yes the lily does not represent drag racing.

Is that a Buick or an Olds? When I graduated high school I was driving an '84 Hurst Olds Cutlass. Not that fastest car I ever owned but she was stylish. :)

eb-1984HurstOlds-2.jpg

@idragrace I swear I gotta get new glasses, I read your name as “ida” “grace” got your gender wrong and everything ... so obvious when I take the time to actually read what is in front of me

Wow!

Don't feel bad. I read it the same way and I also assumed woman. :oops:

Do you mind if I send you a PM? My daughter was looking at going to school for paralegal studies and I have a question.
PM away Terri9630. I'll be happy to help if I can.
---tort--

We have a neighbor named Grizz him and his wife and kids lives in S Florida though, hasn't moved here yet comes around now and then and stays in his camper. He played guitar with hubby, rides a Harley. Bought property about 15 yr.ago. He has big bushy beard too. That ain't you is it,lol.
Not me, I live in Alberta Canada, not far(in western Canadian distance) from BugoutBob

Not me, I live in Alberta Canada, not far(in western Canadian distance) from BugoutBob
@Tirediron I love the comment "western Canadian distance". We get guests from around the world at our B&B and most can drive across their countries in 4 or 5 hours. It blows their mind when I give directions in hours of travel , like 5 hours to Vancouver or seven hours to Edmonton. They often consider three or four hours drive a long day. I guess it is all in what you are used to.

Last edited:
The word is actually "hapa haole" which means in the Hawaiian language "half white". Pronounced hoppa howlee. This is somewhat a generic term as the locals in Hawaii do some discrimination especially since the turn of the century. At one time it was considered to be a vulgar term but as time has passed it has dissipated. Now you don't have to be Japanese, Chinese, Samoan, or any type of specific origin. It's hard to conceive that the true natives used to be discriminatory, but when the white people (haoles) took over the islands, there was a lot of hard feelings. They felt their culture was being destroyed and there would be no native Hawaiians left. Hapa haoles were finally accepted as being a "local" and now the meaning is not as divisive as it used to be. This is just a little bit of trivia for the folks who are unfamiliar with the term.

Tommy

I was sitting in a 10 foot boat fishing for sturgeon on the Columbia river.
Let my line out and got the biggest rats nest ever.
It took me about a half hour to get it untangled.
When I reeled in the line there was a 5'6" sturgeon on the hook.
Fought him for almost an hour before he gave up.
My BIL said it was the luckiest backlash ever.
Backlash just kind of stuck.
I have caught 1 that was bigger.
8'4 " and it took almost 2 hours to get it to the boat.
Let that one go of course. He was way over the legal size.
The size limits at the time were over 36" and under 72"
Only other name I have used was Speed Demon.
Drove a 71 Dodge Demon like I stole it.

My grandparents on my dads side came from Norway, I remember my grandmother making a lot of Scandinavian foods when I was young and then there is a threat reason I sometimes use, I don't know if my ancestors did this but I tell people that give me problems that my ancestors used to take human skulls, clean them up, dry them out and drink honey mead from them with a salute of "skull" when taking a first drink. I'm also part Sioux and warn people that those ancestors buried their enemies next to ant hills.

1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
serveimage
Thats a good looking Olds a lot better condition than mine. Thanks for sharing the picture showing the grille. I was never sure what year my Olds really came from. The VIN shows it to be 1988 but knew from the dates on the side marker lights that 1988 was wrong. Now I am sure mine is a 1981. Thanks Tortminder

Latest posts

Back