Why your forum name?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Innkeeper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
JUST FOR FUN .... if it does violate OPSEC tell us the story behind your screen name.

I am BugoutBob. I was reading about Bugout bags when I needed a quick screen name for a forum. Bugout was in use there so I added the BOB (as in Bug Out Bag). It was meant to be a throw away name but it stuck and here am I re-Christened.

No my name is not really Bob and I’d much rather stayed bugged in than bugging out but c’est la vie.

Your turn..

Sentry is the brand name of my first quality gun safe, also has a nice ring to it (a soldier stationed at a place to stand guard and prevent the passage of unauthorized persons). #18 is my badge number. It was supposed to be 58 but a mistake was made and I got a much lower number.

Bargeahead is a kind of play on words in that it's generally my attitude and I retired as a river towboat pilot pushing barges.

My wife decided when we started having grandkids that she would be Mimi, and I would be Gramps. Our oldest granddaughter couldn't say gramps so it came out humps and morphed into Gumpy. Now everyone calls me that.

TMT is the name of the business my son and I planned to start. he was going to get an FFL in San Diego but due to the political climate and the rules and regulations the city and Police department created, it be came too expensive. I was living in Oregon and that was also going to be a big problem. Now, we are going to get the FFl here in Arizona. The TMT was a play on TNT and also family initials. Just seemed to fit. I was to be the behind the counter guy and he was to be the gunsmith. It appears I will be both, on a very limited basis, until his next career settles out.

Mine is just part if my junk email address. When I signed up for my first forum I started to put my email on the wrong line and was to lazy to start over.

So your name is not Terri, you're not 96 years old and you don't have 30 goats!?!? ;D

My wife decided when we started having grandkids that she would be Mimi, and I would be Gramps. Our oldest granddaughter couldn't say gramps so it came out humps and morphed into Gumpy. Now everyone calls me that.

One of my grandkids christened my grumpa in a similar way, so I frequently get “ grumpa you so weird.”

Back in my younger days... I was always out doing things like a wild kid... yep after I was married , even after the kids came along,

I would always be the guy to ride the bucking bronc, or do the para sailing, , sky diving, drive the race car.... try anything once guy......

Needless to say my wife had the good sense in the family (still does) , but because she was was always upset with me, always somewhat mad at me,
All my friends were always saying I was in the "dog house" ... Then every body just started calling me Fido.
Some still do,

I thought I'd just go with that nickname.... but give it a little class... therefore Phi Deaux. :USA:

That's how I got my username over 10 years ago.:)

Jim

Back in my younger days... I was always out doing things like a wild kid... yep after I was married , even after the kids came along,

I would always be the guy to ride the bucking bronc, or do the para sailing, , sky diving, drive the race car.... try anything once guy......

Needless to say my wife had the good sense in the family (still does) , but because she was was always upset with me, always somewhat mad at me,
All my friends were always saying I was in the "dog house" ... Then every body just started calling me Fido.
Some still do,

I thought I'd just go with that nickname.... but give it a little class... therefore Phi Deaux. :USA:

That's how I got my username over 10 years ago.:)

Jim
God bless your wife :)

I was goth back in my twenties and my email addy was Grimmdolly. I shortened it when I signed up for a forum to Grimm thinking I could maintain a bit of gender neutrality but that lasted all of 5 seconds. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned giving birth...! Now I go by Grimm almost everywhere.

Latest posts

Back