Why your forum name?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first paralegal position was working for a liability attorney. Liability attorneys deal with torts. The primary aims of tort law are to provide relief to injured parties for harms caused by others, to impose liability on parties responsible for the harm, and to deter others from committing harmful acts. As the paralegal/investigator for that attorney it was my job to "mind" what was going on in his cases, do his legal research and basically write complaints, responses, briefs and trial notebooks. Ergo, "tortminder"
---tort--

I worked for a lawyer I met while taking a Private Investigating class he taught. I served a few supena's for him. But never got into the PI job.

BugoutBob wrote: patch, isn’t that a mint type that smells sort of earthy? Not criticizing your choice of name or fragrance just trying to place it

It is that. What'd you do, look it up on wikipedia? lol. I always thought of it as an indescribable scent, I almost prefer sandalwood but I like the way patchouli sounds too. It has been a little while since I caught the scent of patchouli and I think of it as flowery/earthy.
I think that if you know you always liked the way a certain thing smells, you can always recall that you like it, but you can not re-imagine the scent, of course. But when you finally smell it again, ah, the memories it evokes.

I think maybe the old "Herbal Essences Shampoo" may have had a slight hint of that in it! I loved that shampoo! Saw a bottle of it on eBay for 73.00 awhile back. Wow!

Mine is kind of what I do, who I am, I have always had a bunch of old machines around me either in my use or to be fixed for others, sort of surrounded by tirediron.
My first forum user name Was Grizz, a nickname I earned because of my bushy beard, gruff attitude etc, but when I joined PS so many years ago it was taken.

First one was Crabapple.
I have eaten wild food all my life, I was never told it is bad or nasty. Just what would make me sick & what I could eat.
Then what to make jelly from & how much to gather per batch.
I changed my name when I left PS.

Mine is kind of what I do, who I am, I have always had a bunch of old machines around me either in my use or to be fixed for others, sort of surrounded by tirediron.
My first forum user name Was Grizz, a nickname I earned because of my bushy beard, gruff attitude etc, but when I joined PS so many years ago it was taken.

We have a neighbor named Grizz him and his wife and kids lives in S Florida though, hasn't moved here yet comes around now and then and stays in his camper. He played guitar with hubby, rides a Harley. Bought property about 15 yr.ago. He has big bushy beard too. That ain't you is it,lol.

We looked at some donkeys from BLM and wild horses too. A shame they can't keep their wild spaces to roam,but the concrete jungle is taking over the wild kingdoms.
We were going to raise guard donks here at Sassy Ass Acres. But life got in the way and it never came to pass.

My DD and I both love donkeys, especially the minis. I did have a mini-hinny once but like the donkeys better.

Love the farm name. One of my good friends got a beautiful little mini-donkey. She told everyone she had the cutest ass in the county.

My DD and I both love donkeys, especially the minis. I did have a mini-hinny once but like the donkeys better.

Love the farm name. One of my good friends got a beautiful little mini-donkey. She told everyone she had the cutest ass in the county.

When we would leave to go visit family our jenny Rosie would be mad at us. So she would hide behind a tree and peep out at us:lil guy:. I'd call for her and she would duck back behind the tree. Of course here whole body except her head was sticking out she thought she was hiding. :LOL:

I think maybe the old "Herbal Essences Shampoo" may have had a slight hint of that in it! I loved that shampoo! Saw a bottle of it on eBay for 73.00 awhile back. Wow!

I use to like the way it smelled too, but not 73.00 worth.lol. Perfume has really changed for the worse. I use to always wear White Shoulders but it is not even close to what it was. Channel #5 even from Sax for #200.00 for a tiny button size bottle is terrible now,I sent it back .

I've gotta have my carbs! I'm a bonafide carb junkie. I'm6'2"@188 lbs. Guess I work all of it off.

Gumpy, this is the short version of the oldest living WW veteran who eats what he likes,including carbs. He is 111 years old. Still lives in his house he bought in 1945. This is short version but his life story a little longer is interesting. He thanks God ,his church, friends and country for his long life.

I’ll play.

Many moons ago I moved to NE PA and bought the farmstead. Folks out there go by many names. We have Rednecks, city slickers and all them, but there are no Hillbillies or hicks, being the foothills of the catskills and all. So, folks refer to people who live out in the sticks, make what they need and make a few trips to town now and again, end of the dirt road kind of places; Woodchucks. I became known as The Woodchuck when folks would introduced me. Kind of like the reference name, Redneck; city folks use it as a derogatory term, we take it as a compliment! LOL! If folks didn’t know me, they thought it was my actual name. “Hey, Woodchuck!”

As moons come and go and my place became the local hostel for wayward old timey musicians. Anyone having a gig in the area knew they could just drop by and there would be a warm place to stay for a spell and food to eat. It probably didn’t hurt that I was pretty self-reliant back then too. Big garden and lots of canned goods. Had a copper apparatus in the basement – and knew how to use it proper. A little garden off the usual one and a 10 x 12 wine room stocked with crocks and carboys. My friend the green grocer would call me when there was a load ready for the dumpster. Rules of the house were: You can have all you want, but you can’t take any with ya and I don’t sell nothing.

Anyway… I took to pickin’ with folks and times we would get an offer to pick at an event. No, nothing fancy, parties and get togethers mostly. Friends all knew when certain folks were there and would usually make up a reason for the party. None were actual paying gigs, maybe some gas money and exchange of food or goods for the musicians. Well, there were always different musicians in the group, rarely more than one or two that had played together more than an evening or three at my place. We needed an official type name, rather than coming up with one for each time a group of us picked.

I had become known as Woody the Woodchuck by then. Woodrow W. Woodchuck for the official title I guess. Since I was pretty much always a standard member of the gathering, they came up with a transient name: Woody and the Woodchucks. If I wasn’t playing, they would just be The Woodchucks. Then it just shortened to Woodchucks. “You having music at the party tonight?” “Yup, Woodchucks.”

So, onward to the Internet age. Back to skool to learn me some new talents. Email came about and the text web. I would sign everything WWW (Woodrow W. Woodchuck). I used it for a while then everything got the WWW prefix! Had to change my email and all! LOL I’m still known as Woody and still proud to be a Woodchuck. Wwwoodchuck is the other alias I go by if Woody and Woodchuck are taken. Used them since… 1990 or around there.

Mine's easy. A few years ago, I achieved a life goal of earning my doctorate degree. When I signed up for PS, I put my email in the user name box, and wound up with my real name as my user name. All the talk of OPSEC made me a bit wary, and so Austin kindly changed my name for me. It took me a long time to admit to being a prepper - after all, everyone knows preppers wear tin foil hats and are crazy survivalists, right? Hanging out first at PS and now here has taught me that being a prepper is also being responsible and prepared - and so my moniker reflects my self-admission to being a prepper. But can somebody tell me when they are going to send me my tin foil hat??????

:thumbs up:

1d1k9q.jpg

Jim:coffee:

As a kid in high school with first car, street racing was the thing to do. Married and settled down so end of racing. Reached a point in life where it was do it now or never. Guess I am just a kid at heart because drag racing is as enjoyable now as in high school. And yes the lily does not represent drag racing.

XU5D9369.JPG

My mother was born and raised in Hawaii and my old man was a GI stationed at Schofield barracks. After the war they moved to Iowa and my mother got homesick after about 6 months. I was told this story by my aunt who is now deceased. I was the first brown kid to be in midwestern Iowa so I was kind of an oddity. When my mother decided to go back to Hawaii my grandmother came and got me and said she would raise this baby. My grandfather's name was Tom and I was named after him. They were the best grandparents any boy could have. I went everywhere with Grandpa and he was Big Tom and they called me Tommy. Needless to say, for some reason Tommy stuck these past 70+ years. I had many a fight when I was growing up after WWII and the Korean War due to my skin color. Now society is different. Around here in Az. my Model A Truck has a pineapple on the doors and I am affectionly known as "Pineapple Tommy" which I take pride in.

Tommy

My mother was born and raised in Hawaii and my old man was a GI stationed at Schofield barracks. After the war they moved to Iowa and my mother got homesick after about 6 months. I was told this story by my aunt who is now deceased. I was the first brown kid to be in midwestern Iowa so I was kind of an oddity. When my mother decided to go back to Hawaii my grandmother came and got me and said she would raise this baby. My grandfather's name was Tom and I was named after him. They were the best grandparents any boy could have. I went everywhere with Grandpa and he was Big Tom and they called me Tommy. Needless to say, for some reason Tommy stuck these past 70+ years. I had many a fight when I was growing up after WWII and the Korean War due to my skin color. Now society is different. Around here in Az. my Model A Truck has a pineapple on the doors and I am affectionly known as "Pineapple Tommy" which I take pride in.

Tommy
Hi Tommy, are you a hoppa? I recently met a man with a dog named "Hoppa" who grew up in Hawaii. He is hoppa. I didn't know what hoppa meant until recently, but evidently, it is a common term in Hawaii.

@idragrace I swear I gotta get new glasses, I read your name as “ida” “grace” got your gender wrong and everything ... so obvious when I take the time to actually read what is in front of me
LOL! I have been trying to figure it out as well. I kept thinking it was Ida Grace as well, but now I get, "I drag race."

So your name is not Terri, you're not 96 years old and you don't have 30 goats!?!? ;D

I am Terri. 9630... I went down the right side of the key pad on my keyboard..

Oh I only have 9 adult goats and 4 new borns. Of course 4 more of the does are still pregnant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back