A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1675621128355.png

Whew!! I remember the days when I tried to destroy my lungs with Non-Filter Menthol Lucky Strikes in the Navy! Those where some nasty things but I never did have anyone bug me asking to bump one. I only smoked in the Navy because we all heard second hand smoke was worse so I figure I may as well have 1st hand smoke. I quit cold turkey about 20 years ago thank goodness. Have never wanted one since but I will enjoy a cigar around a campfire.

Holy Cow! I remember drinking quarts of Schlitz Malt Liquor when I was a teenager... it was dirt cheap, lol. :rolleyes:

P.S. Look at the gal, all dressed up like an airline stewardess to bring the amateur radio man a bottle of Schlitz, lol... :cool:
Read the caption, it's his WIFE! 😮

Nice station. I see you are similar to me, not hung up on a brand.
I have 4 of the FT 60 HT's. Great radios
It's an old picture, it would take a week of Pearls time to get the current station ready for pictures:p

Yaesu FT-991A, Icom 718, Kenwood TM-281, Baofeng UV-5R, Yaesu FT-60, TYT md-380, Midland
MXT115 GMRS and whatever is in the car, some offbrand triband, the CB is offline and in storage..

Holy Cow! I remember drinking quarts of Schlitz Malt Liquor when I was a teenager... it was dirt cheap, lol. :rolleyes:

P.S. Look at the gal, all dressed up like an airline stewardess to bring the amateur radio man a bottle of Schlitz, lol... :cool:
Anyone remember the waxed cardboard pints with the paper "lid" one popped off and drank the beer?

Okay, I was three or four, but the beer was good.

Latest posts

Back