Christmas countdown

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
53059-28908-cc_ChristmasWiseMen2_1100.1100w.tn.jpg
Jim

@lonewolf I love Christmas too, but not for the presants or stuff. I think it's sad what you said about the churches dwindling. This might sound odd, but I don't confuse religion with Christianity (or other beliefs.) We do little in the way of presants or decorating, but what I like about the season is the humanity and willingness to give and help others. People seem kinder showing it is possible. In that respect, yes Christmas should be all year long. Jim has a close family and a kind heart so of course looks forward to the day. I however don't think that if there were no lights or gifts he would think less having his loved ones there. From the sounds of it, you don't have loved ones to share it with - or solstice with, for that I'm sorry and hope someday for you to know that warmth of heart. Family traditions just add to the occasion.
Whatever you celebrate, I wish you a good day.

image.png
Okay Jim. We have neighbors who put their tree up a week before Thanksgiving! I told hubby, they're going to have to dust it. Also, they will leave them up until Valentine's Day. That's a bit over the top to me. But it's December now so it's all good. I "think" this might be the right fella, but there was a gentleman from Indiana who was laid up with a back injury and to stave off his boredom, he began making small toys during his recovery - hint hint ;). Once he finally recovered, he dressed the part and walked the streets and gave his toys to children.
I wish I could find the pix I know is him, but Internet is being ornery.

Wife found a new Christmas tree she wanted to order from a place called Balsamhill. They wanted $899 for it! Her second choice tree was $599. :eek: We compromised and she bought one for around $299 but she did not seem overly pleased with it. After we went to bed I starting to wonder if she didn't want the less expensive tree all along and she didn't want me to bring up the fact that we could buy a cheap artificial tree from Amazon for like $50. So this morning I mentioned that to her and got a little grin and an aloof non-denial. Pretty sure I just got played. She's a coy one that Mrs. Sentry18.

Tree.jpg

Ok, ok, you happy loving Christmas happy people got me thinking.
And I hate to think on Monday.
I am searching the new apartment for my Christmas stuff.
Cleaning off, moving plants to new areas of the house to place my Christmas village on the bay window.
With the table top tree.
But don't dispare I have about a dozen small Christmas trees to place around the house.

Latest posts

Back