Common grammatical errors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree completely. I don't allow my sons or grand kids to use Internet shorthand with me. It does help I don't do text on the phone either. Phones are for conversations, word processors (computers, tablets, laptops, etc. ) are for text. Yeah, I am an old f**t. Such is life, sue me.
When I used to get texts like that I told my daughter I only speak English!

To the best of my knowledge I have I one semi auto weapon that takes a clip, it's a M1 Garand. Everything else takes a magazine :)

My Steyer/Manlicher and Turkish Mauser took a clip. Everything else was a magazine!
My usual response is "Doin' fair for a poor man"

My all time favorite is...

View attachment 7465
Hahahahaaahaha! Thanks Mon, I needed that!

What irks me is a three page post and all one paragraph. My eyes start to cross about line 6. I know it is not a grammatical error but good God people need to use the enter key once in awhile.

What ever happened to the old fashioned in-class every Friday morning spelling bee? You had a list of words in the spelling book you had to memorize for spelling and context and every Friday morning we stood in the front of the class for a spelling bee. Once we went through the words for that week, we went back a few weeks. Fourth Grade. Carrizo Springs, Texas. Clay Carpenter was my spelling bee nemesis. We battled all fourth grade. He broke out in a wide grin whenever I got the word "biscuit" because I always spelled it Bisquick. To this day I have to carefully think about how to spell it before I write it. Darn that Clay Carpenter!

When the grands were here several years ago we had a morning spelling challenge. They opened the dictionary to a page and, with closed eyes, put their finger on a word. They had to pronounce the word correctly, read the definition, give me an example in a sentence, and wait for me to spell it. If I spelled it right (usually), then it was my turn at the dictionary. We only did a few words each morning; but, they increased their language skills. Until they learned text-typing.

Of course there are, but the topic here is Grammar. Feel free to address other fish in other threads. If you don't care for the thread topic, don't participate.

Mellow out Dade:doghouse:.:). Instead of a thorn I'll just give you the rose, hope your day gets better.:flower:

Last edited:
There's a store in town called the "Sammich Shop". I won't even go in the door because it's just another example of the dumbing down of America. I don't think it's cute at all.

Latest posts

Back