Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been pretty busy with spring stuff lately, we have a short growing season, and spring is late. thanks for checking in on me,

This time of year to me is called "The Tsunami of Spring", around here we have to really be on top of getting grass, weeds and tree trimming all done in a very narrow window of opportunity before the fire season comes on and we can no longer use weed eaters, lawnmowers or chainsaws, thankfully we have a neighbor that helps me that's a lot younger than me, getting older does not make me happy, especially with all the projects I have to get done and even my friend doesn't know all the particulars. DW and I are grateful for these friends, they have fixed meals for us and done other things to lighten our load which is extremely important in helping to get my wife healed after her hip joint replacement. I have a lot of fruit tree saplings I've started in planter pots out on our deck that need to be planted as well, didn't I just tell you that this is what I call the Tsunami of Spring? Anyone want to take a road trip out in the woods of S.W. Oregon to help me plant some trees? Coffee and sandwiches will be on hand, it's not like you don't have enough on your plates as it is. Truth is, my young friend will probably help me get all the trees in the ground, anyway visitors are welcome, if you are coming down I-5, we're about eight miles off the freeway between Roseburg and Medford, I know this is off topic but one of these days I might be one of the missing members, I'll be 80 in October, seem strange to say those numbers but sometimes my body tells me they're true. anyway, all the best to all the other old timers here, "Live long and prosper", I like that saying.

This time of year to me is called "The Tsunami of Spring", around here we have to really be on top of getting grass, weeds and tree trimming all done in a very narrow window of opportunity before the fire season comes on and we can no longer use weed eaters, lawnmowers or chainsaws, thankfully we have a neighbor that helps me that's a lot younger than me, getting older does not make me happy, especially with all the projects I have to get done and even my friend doesn't know all the particulars. DW and I are grateful for these friends, they have fixed meals for us and done other things to lighten our load which is extremely important in helping to get my wife healed after her hip joint replacement. I have a lot of fruit tree saplings I've started in planter pots out on our deck that need to be planted as well, didn't I just tell you that this is what I call the Tsunami of Spring? Anyone want to take a road trip out in the woods of S.W. Oregon to help me plant some trees? Coffee and sandwiches will be on hand, it's not like you don't have enough on your plates as it is. Truth is, my young friend will probably help me get all the trees in the ground, anyway visitors are welcome, if you are coming down I-5, we're about eight miles off the freeway between Roseburg and Medford, I know this is off topic but one of these days I might be one of the missing members, I'll be 80 in October, seem strange to say those numbers but sometimes my body tells me they're true. anyway, all the best to all the other old timers here, "Live long and prosper", I like that saying.
2 things: first no more talk about going feet first out the door! Got that? Okay, you can also leave with your will site names, user name and passwords so that someone can notify and delete accounts.
Second, I was going to try to take Hubby to Christmas Valley (over the mountain from you) for a stead dinner, but they are booked 2+ months in advance & that puts us into canning season.
Okay, 3 things: am glad you are well and just busy.

Hey everyone! Making a general announcement! We all know life changes. Mine has changed radically over the last 3 years… I no longer have the time to devote to the forum I have enjoyed so much or the great people in it. I’ll be stepping way back so no worries, thought about this for a few months.

I’ve been looking for the right time. My desktop computer died last night… seems like the right time. I’ll be off line making repairs and changes for the next 10 days anyway.

I’ll pop in from time to time...

L8tr

Take care and watch out for our crazy AL weather.

Jim, do you, as an admin, have access to our email addresses?

Gee.... nobody misses me when I'm gone for awhile.... not feeling the love here..... On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the whiniest, how does my whine rate? :angie: or :great: ????
On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the whiniest, how does my whine rate?

Boons Farm or MD2020

Boycott what? Don't we all get along? (Well except Jazzy and I.) I thought I was the only A__Hole in here that made trouble and ticked people off with my Anarchistic views, questionable morals and unheard of Path/religion that doesn't recruit? Whatever it was, it was probably my fault.

Boycott what? Don't we all get along? (Well except Jazzy and I.) I thought I was the only A__Hole in here that made trouble and ticked people off with my Anarchistic views, questionable morals and unheard of Path/religion that doesn't recruit? Whatever it was, it was probably my fault.
I doubt that.

Well if it brings back the peace and harmony we all have as net neighbors, I'll eat the bullet for it.
Everybody here is good people,but me. I'm evil incarnate, ask Jazzy. she's probably right!
everyone be chill and work it out, the person on the other side of that keyboard is your brother/sister/transrelative in the war against "THE MAN!" divided we're weak, together we outsmart them!

Latest posts

Back