Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After leaving the hospital I expected a night of no sleep, just like the past 2 months.

Instead I actually slept 6.5 hours, got up and made breakfast than went back to be for another 4 hours… The second nap was interesting…

Just had the weirdest dream ever. I’ve only seen my ex-brother-in-law twice in 10 years, have thought of him fewer times than that. He is his kids’ problem, not mine.

Like any really good bizarre dream this one had multable mini dreams inside it… Through out the dream I kept seeing my niece and her hubby visiting with folks in the community, first one house, then another. I saw them at a dozen or so homes while I drove around.

They’d be sitting on the front porch talking, but everywhere they went there would be a bed in the yard with my brother-in-law’s corpse on it. Once while driving by I saw they had stopped to eat at a little restaurant, they put the bed with corpse in the next parking space while they went in to eat.

They did the same thing at the court house where my nephew had to get a building permit. Across the street is the sheriffs office. A deputy came out and asked them who the corpse was then said “okay” and went back in the office. How I over heard this conversation I have no idea.

Then I drove back to a house I was renting carved into a canyon wall, 1000ft above the valley floor…

There isn’t a canyon within 800 miles of here… it was one weird dream! Sort of a weekend at Bernies except it wasn’t funny, just normal. :D

Last edited:
After leaving the hospital I expected a night of no sleep, just like the past 2 months.

Instead I actually slept 6.5 hours, got up and made breakfast than went back to be for another 4 hours… The second nap was interesting…

Just had the weirdest dream ever. I’ve only seen my ex-brother-in-law twice in 10 years, have thought of him fewer times than that. He is his kids’ problem, not mine.

Like any really good bizarre dream this one had multable mini dreams inside it… Through out the dream I kept seeing my niece and her hubby visiting with folks in the community, first one house, then another. I saw them at a dozen or so homes while I drove around.

They’d be sitting on the front porch talking, but everywhere they went there would be a bed in the yard with my brother-in-law’s corpse on it. Once while driving by I saw they had stopped to eat at a little restaurant, they put the bed with corpse in the next parking space while they went in to eat.

They did the same thing at the court house where my nephew had to get a building permit. Across the street is the sheriffs office. A deputy came out and asked them who the corpse was then said “okay” and went back in the office. How I over heard this conversation I have no idea.

Then I drove back to a house I was renting carved into a canyon wall, 1000ft above the valley floor…

There isn’t a canyon within 800 miles of here… it was one weird dream! Sort of a weekend at Bernies except it wasn’t funny, just normal. :D
Not sure what kind of drugs you received in the hospital but they sound fun. ;)
Or the other explanation is your BIL is going to be dead soon or already is.
I wore stop smoking patches for a week and the dreams I had were wild, but only if I wore the patch on my left side. Right side nothing. My dad had the same results.

Are my old eyes seeing this right that the homesteading and talkfirearms sites are combined now?

The sites are combined; what your old eyes are seeing is a whole 'nother question, squirrel. Sometimes at night, when I close my eyes to sleep, I see a yellow Chevvy pickup on the back of my eyelids.

Meer, I didn't realize you were in Florida. We are in opposite corners. You showed some pix of where your mom grew up - that looked like flatter land. Was that someplace else?

I grew up in Atlanta and Stone Mountain Ga..
Got sand in my shoes in 1975. Moved away but always came back since now here for past 22 years.

Hey SH, VT,
isn't it crazzy how the world changes ,
Go to bed , wake , whole new world now,
Yeppers, the forums have come together as one,

If we could find Tommy ( need a good leg pull), and Buster...be like old RT days....:)
Spikes here, Mag is here somewhere,

Jim

Hi Jim. Yep, the world does change; This geezer ain't keeping up. The Golden Rule seems permanently soaked by the Golden Shower now. The Word for every day is P on U.

Tommy disappeared before I could con him out of that truck, and Buster no longer keeps us up-to-date on his EDC of the Month. Last I knew it was a Bulldog, but that was a long while back. He had me going, but far as I got was a 38 on the Bulldog frame.

@Caribou , @Supervisor42

How about this pretty pic for avatar?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ship+pictures&t=h_&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

Or,

iu

Me Meerkat,

28.jpg

Last edited:
Hey SH, VT,
isn't it crazzy how the world changes ,
Go to bed , wake , whole new world now,
Yeppers, the forums have come together as one,

If we could find Tommy ( need a good leg pull), and Buster...be like old RT days....:)
Spikes here, Mag is here somewhere,

Jim
I'm here also, think of Tommy often and wonder how he is doing.

I love the wolf. I had one like that at one time:
WOLF.GIF

The thing to keep in mind is the pic for the avatar has to be able to be crunched down to 96x96 and still make sense.
Small details in the picture dissolve when the picture is resized.
For years I thought @SeventiesWreckers avatar was a Siamese cat with something stuck in it's mouth.
70sWrecker.JPG

We probably should start a thread "Get Your Avatar Here! Stop Walking Around Nekkid!"

I've had to report the new next door neighbors to crime watch for suspected drug dealing.
Cars coming and going at all hours...parking a few doors up with the engine running and one person going next door for approx. 5 mins and then running back to the car.
I see this happening many times every day.
They do burnouts down the road in their V8 utes that aren't road worthy or registered.
They park in front of my drive way and I can't get my car out.
I had a blond, intoxicated ........ female bash on my door wanting to come in at an ungodly hour even though all the lights were off.
Thank you @Sentry18 for the thread about the suspicious woman with a "infant" in the prep forum.
It helped a lot.
I refused to open the door, turn on any lights and just acted like I wasn't home.
I kept an eye on her until she staggered off the property and went next door to the bad neighbors.
I had my phone ready to dial 000 if she got a bright idea.

This lot are carbon copies of the last lot who lived there.
Hopefully they get busted down for dealing and possession and they'll be evicted from their state owned house by the state run Housing commission.

Last edited:

:ghostly:Don't tell BIL about it Peanut.

I've had to report the new next door neighbors to crime watch for suspected drug dealing.
Cars coming and going at all hours...parking a few doors up with the engine running and one person going next door for approx. 5 mins and then running back to the car.
I see this happening many times every day.
They do burnouts down the road in their V8 utes that aren't road worthy or registered.
They park in front of my drive way and I can't get my car out.
I had a blond, intoxicated ........ female bash on my door wanting to come in at an ungodly hour even though all the lights were off.
Thank you @Sentry18 for the thread about the suspicious woman with a "infant" in the prep forum.
It helped a lot.
I refused to open the door, turn on any lights and just acted like I wasn't home.
I kept an eye on her until she staggered off the property and went next door to the bad neighbors.
I had my phone ready to dial 000 if she got a bright idea.

This lot are carbon copies of the last lot who lived there.
Hopefully they get busted down for dealing and possession and they'll be evicted from their state owned house by the state run Housing commission.

Call 911 is all I'd do. Cause if she makes it to the door she will need it after our dogs get threw with her. She'd have to be a ninja to jump over our fence too.

Latest posts

Back