Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning, Pearl. You have to be the most cheerful person I know. When I get up in the morning, just give me coffee, and back away slowly. Try not to show ant fear.

Hope all goes well for your brother, and for the dog. Prayers headed your way.

Good Morning, Pearl. You have to be the most cheerful person I know. When I get up in the morning, just give me coffee, and back away slowly. Try not to show ant fear.

Hope all goes well for your brother, and for the dog. Prayers headed your way.
I have always been a "cheerful" person! Even when things are not going as planned! I try to find the good in everything, sometimes that's hard to do! I know I have a lot to be happy about and I try to pass a positive attitude on to those around me!

I have always been a "cheerful" person! Even when things are not going as planned! I try to find the good in everything, sometimes that's hard to do! I know I have a lot to be happy about and I try to pass a positive attitude on to those around me!

God Bless you!! :clapping:

Getting ready for winter weather here in a couple of days, woodstove will go non-stop! That's the only heat we use😊
Our wood stove burns 24/7 from October through April. We have a backup gas furnace but we only turn it on if we're going to be away for most of the day. We set the thermostat to 60 in case we can't make it home before the fire goes out and the house won't freeze.

Our wood stove burns 24/7 from October through April. We have a backup gas furnace but we only turn it on if we're going to be away for most of the day. We set the thermostat to 60 in case we can't make it home before the fire goes out and the house won't freeze.
We have a gas furnace but haven't even lit the pilot in many years. We can get away with a lot more down here in Tx!

Hubby is enjoying retirement. He says he can do what he wants when he wants. If he wants to watch a war movie at lunch time he can and then go out in the garage and mess with his stuff.
He's sleeping better too. The stress was really getting to him.

I'm glad he's happy. He was a stressed out guy. Went gray haired at 50 because of the job.
Even though we're living on 1/3 the income I'd rather have him happy and less stressed

We have a gas furnace but haven't even lit the pilot in many years. We can get away with a lot more down here in Tx!
Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in a more mild climate. We usually start feeding at the end of October and don't stop until the first of May. Most of the mountain lakes around here are still snowed in until mid July. We get kind of spoiled when we go shopping down south (100 miles away) in March and its warm and green down in the valleys, and we're still tit deep in snow at home. But it can get over 100 degs there in summer, while up here we might get a few days over 90 in August. Overall I wouldn't trade mountain living for the flat lands, yet.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in a more mild climate. We usually start feeding at the end of October and don't stop until the first of May. Most of the mountain lakes around here are still snowed in until mid July. We get kind of spoiled when we go shopping down south (100 miles away) in March and its warm and green down in the valleys, and we're still tit deep in snow at home. But it can get over 100 degs there in summer, while up here we might get a few days over 90 in August. Overall I wouldn't trade mountain living for the flat lands, yet.
I like when it's over 100°!

I like when it's over 100°!

Me too! The hotter the better. I will say I have become more tolerant of Winter since I am working from home, and don't have to go out in it. No driving to work. No shoveling the driveway. No having to dress up in enough layers to stop a bullet. I still prefer Summer, and even though it is a tough choice I prefer the beach to the mountains.

Howdy RR. How ya doin'? Everyone's complaining about snow and ice - wanna take a shot at that one? 😊

Hi hun! Having a rough time right now but will get over it. How are you?
Sheesh we might maybe not likely possibly see frost on the grass. 😜 Gunna be a chilly 🥶 one tonight 🤪😂 I’m watching Ryan Hall’s live stream and holy cow the weather in the south 🥶

Hi hun! Having a rough time right now but will get over it. How are you?
Sheesh we might maybe not likely possibly see frost on the grass. 😜 Gunna be a chilly 🥶 one tonight 🤪😂 I’m watching Ryan Hall’s live stream and holy cow the weather in the south 🥶
Erg! Hope whatever's the issue gets better. All good here.

Latest posts

Back