Hashbuilt

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey HB,

Can those laminated beams span much farther than standard 2xs or 4xs...due to super strength ?

I don't know that,
just heard the engineered laminate beams have great strength.

I can see that.

When we built my Pole barn shop,
We used laminated 6x6 posts ..really stronger than 6x6 post. At least thats what I was told.

Jim

Oh you bet! We use them a lot in places to get rid of posts and such in spans

172 yards on the ground 72 left to go. This is a 4 pex the wife and I are building, we have to go fast on this one we have 3 of the 4 sold. This building usually takes 8 months to build going to try and shave a month off of that. Starting in winter it will be tough.

View attachment 743

View attachment 746 View attachment 747 View attachment 748
You mean "winter". I did a roof last week in 15 degree weather while it was snowing. Sometimes i get burned out on this winter thing and dream about winters like yours..... Then i grab a handful of throttle on my sled and then im cured. Nice work so far! Do you rent them or straight out sell them?

Setting trusses with a 9 year old.

truss.JPG

truss2.JPG
truss3.JPG

truss4.JPG

You mean "winter". I did a roof last week in 15 degree weather while it was snowing. Sometimes i get burned out on this winter thing and dream about winters like yours..... Then i grab a handful of throttle on my sled and then im cured. Nice work so far! Do you rent them or straight out sell them?

We sell those units out right I have 3 of the 4 pre sold so I'm going to start another building right after Christmas.

That's cool! Congratulations!

It's finally getting better here, been rough for the last 10 years. I thought things were turning around in 13 and bought this project from the bank. We barely got buy selling 3 or 4 units a year. It looks like this year I will sell 8 to 12 units that would make things so much better for us!

It's finally getting better here, been rough for the last 10 years. I thought things were turning around in 13 and bought this project from the bank. We barely got buy selling 3 or 4 units a year. It looks like this year I will sell 8 to 12 units that would make things so much better for us!
You are living my dream. Instead of me building I bought 9 rental units. Kind of wish I would have kept my money to invest into building.

I am very pleased to hear things are looking up for you all. I love looking at the pictures of you all working together. It reminds me of the times my dad and I worked together. He taught me a large number of my skill sets.

Last edited:
I am very pleased to here things are looking up for you all. I love looking at the pictures of you all working together. It reminds me of the times my dad and I worked together. He taught me a large number of my skill sets.

A family that prays together stays together. I think we can add a family that slaves together stays together.

:D I use to tell the grand kids ,buy the cheaper pair and I'll rip em up for you and save you some money. Ofcourse no appreciation just the ol :rolleyes:.
Back in the mid 90's the fad was bluegeans with frayed holes in them. Our oldest son got a new pair for school and had a fit cause they were 'new' jeans. I tookem in the back yard with my trust Winchester pump and wadded them up on a bag, backed off about 10 yards and loosed a couple of rounds in them. My wife ran them thru the wash a couple times and voila! New old geans. Boy was a happy camper.

@gumpy

I never cared about fashion. Ended up that people liked how I dressed that I became "the" fashion for awhile.

After Columbine I couldn't wear my duster anymore though.

My clothes have been the same since before I went to high school.

Blue jeans... lots of times I buy Riggs because of the deep pockets and I keep my wallet in a front pocket.
T-shirts, ALWAYS 100% cotton and always plain... absolutely no designs or advertising and now that I'm older I try to get Large Tall so I don't show off to the world
1/4 zip fleece sweaters, again with no advertising. Occasionally I wear one or two that I have with advertising but normally I don't.
Just recently I bought some 100% cotton thermal shirts and have been wearing those in between my t-shirts and fleece to stay warmer in the winter.
Outerwear is all carhartt and in the summer I'll wear bibs and t-shirt for work.

I'd like to find some wool sweaters and see if I like those better than fleece... as well as wool socks.

Back in the mid 90's the fad was bluegeans with frayed holes in them. Our oldest son got a new pair for school and had a fit cause they were 'new' jeans. I tookem in the back yard with my trust Winchester pump and wadded them up on a bag, backed off about 10 yards and loosed a couple of rounds in them. My wife ran them thru the wash a couple times and voila! New old geans. Boy was a happy camper.

:LOL:Good idea Grumpy, mine didn't seem to like my idea of designer offer.:)

@gumpy

I never cared about fashion. Ended up that people liked how I dressed that I became "the" fashion for awhile.

After Columbine I couldn't wear my duster anymore though.

My clothes have been the same since before I went to high school.

Blue jeans... lots of times I buy Riggs because of the deep pockets and I keep my wallet in a front pocket.
T-shirts, ALWAYS 100% cotton and always plain... absolutely no designs or advertising and now that I'm older I try to get Large Tall so I don't show off to the world
1/4 zip fleece sweaters, again with no advertising. Occasionally I wear one or two that I have with advertising but normally I don't.
Just recently I bought some 100% cotton thermal shirts and have been wearing those in between my t-shirts and fleece to stay warmer in the winter.
Outerwear is all carhartt and in the summer I'll wear bibs and t-shirt for work.

I'd like to find some wool sweaters and see if I like those better than fleece... as well as wool socks.

I dress according to where I'm going but I like mostly cotton too, some matereal feels bad on my skin.
Hubby helps me decide what looks ok and what doesn't.

I've been working on a great little job. I have 40 decks to replace concrete on top of wood on 4 story buildings the corner wood post had failed and the decks were sagging and really bad shape. We replaced the wood structure and add a steel corner post and the repoured the concrete and replaced the screens. Just finished 20decks today so half way through this little job.

dem3.jpg

dem2.jpg

repair1.jpg
repair2.jpg

Back