Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Sir,

I am writing in response to your request for additional information for block number 3 of the accident reporting form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You said in your letter that I should explain more fully and I trust the following detail will be sufficient.

I am an amateur radio operator and on the day of the accident, I was working alone on the top section of my new 80 foot tower. When I had completed my work, I discovered that I had, over the course of several trips up the tower, brought up about 300 pounds of tools and spare hardware. Rather than carry the now unneeded tools and material down by hand, I decided to lower the items down in a small bucket by using a pulley, which fortunately was attached to the gin pole at the top of the tower.
Securing the rope at ground level, I went to the top of the tower and loaded the tools and material into the bucket. Then I went back to the ground and untied the rope, holding it tightly to insure a slow decent of the 300 pounds of tools. You will note in block number 11 of the accident reporting form, that I weigh only 155 pounds.
Due to my surprise of being jerked off the ground so suddenly, I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rather rapid rate of speed up the side of the tower. In the vicinity of the 40 foot level, I met the bucket coming down. This explains my fractured skull and broken collarbone. Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley. Fortunately, by this time, I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold onto the rope in spite of my pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the bucket of tools hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the bucket. Devoid of the weight of the tools, the bucket now weighed approximately 5 pounds. I refer you again to my weight in block number 11. As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the tower.
In the vicinity of the 40 foot level, I met the bucket coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles and the lacerations of my legs and lower body. The encounter with the bucket slowed me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell onto the pile of tools and fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked.

I am sorry to report, however, that as I lay there on the tools, in pain, unable to stand and watching the empty bucket 80 feet above me... I again lost my presence of mind. I let go of the rope.

bdad9b4c9dacb9e8caa31d649dd48576_width-600wtmk.jpg

A lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.

Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and got out to investigate.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass."

"Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You may come with us, also."

The second man, in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and six children with me!"

"Bring them all as well," the lawyer answered.

They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine.

Once under way, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said,"Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you.”

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high."

We did for a little over 10 years! We traveled north and south with the weather, but stayed in place for several months at a time and worked in the area. Boy what an inexpensive way to live and see the Country! Very minimalistic! Don't have as much and don't have to work as much. We loved it and if we hadn't done it in our 40's and 50's, it wouldn't be an option now with DH's disabilities.

I've seen that there is a huge number of seniors that live in travel trailers or something akin. Plenty of them full time and just follow the weather!

Yea hubby and I belonged to one for about a year sold camper,so no more { IRV2 } just don't talk politics to them. Even if they bring it up, ITS A TRICK.

Does your AR-15 have a TP holder? If not are you really prepared for SHTF?

View attachment 5570

Since I already have a side charging handle. I kinda of like the TP Holder idea. Set the rifle down while tending to business and still have quick access for what ever emergency arrives. :LOL:

Since I already have a side charging handle. I kinda of like the TP Holder idea. Set the rifle down while tending to business and still have quick access for what ever emergency arrives. :LOL:
You don't have to set it down if you have a bayonet, just stab in into the ground.

BAD zoom zoom, Bad zoom zoom!

Latest posts

Back