Martial arts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be into Ju-Jitsu and stick fighting. I could probably still do enough of a stick-fighting Kata to scare a crackhead off, but I'd need therapy the next day.LOL

I feel like I would be O.K. under normal circumstances. I have to learn how to deal with times when I am etremely tired. After I have done a significant amount of physical work, I stiffen up, and couldn't dfend myself very well. My knees are especially vulnerable, and it is difficult to walk. Running away would be out of the question. Something I need to give serious thought.

I feel like I would be O.K. under normal circumstances. I have to learn how to deal with times when I am etremely tired. After I have done a significant amount of physical work, I stiffen up, and couldn't dfend myself very well. My knees are especially vulnerable, and it is difficult to walk. Running away would be out of the question. Something I need to give serious thought.
Hit 'em with a golf club!

A quick self defense handy tid bit..........a hard hit to the ear takes away one's equilibrium!!! And ladies, a male perpetrator will expect you to try to rack them in the balls. A hard, fast left hook to their ear will leave them spinning. You have time to do whatever is necessary at that point!

A quick self defense handy tid bit..........a hard hit to the ear takes away one's equilibrium!!! And ladies, a male perpetrator will expect you to try to rack them in the balls. A hard, fast left hook to their ear will leave them spinning. You have time to do whatever is necessary at that point!
All men's hands will reach their genitals. Nobodies hands can reach their knees. A damage knee will prevent anybody from chasing you. All martial arts sparring contests, including MMA, prohibit knee attacks due to the difficulty to defend and the high probability of severe damage to the opponent. Just a hint. LOL

Hit 'em with a golf club!
I have long kept a golf club in my office at work, purportedly to practice my swing while I'm on conference calls. As you note, though, it does have other potential uses.

[Edit to clarify: We live in a weird age in which attacks occur anywhere. I brought that to work when I was concerned about my ability to defend against active shooters. A feeble weapon, of course. But, better than nothing. Good news, though. All it has done is allow me to work on my swing. :cool:]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back