My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry I made you worry.
I'm always worried I'm boring people because posts these days center around my pain.
I'm still in a lot of pain and I'm still doing "heels over heart" twice a day.
Night times are the worst and finding long stretches of deep healing sleep is hard.
Regardless of what meds I take it seems the pain wakes me howling around 4am regardless of how rough the night has been.

I'm still grateful when I do wake up and I lift my hands to the Lord and express my gratitude for being given anouther day to battle.
I'm slowly putting on more weight and I pray that my system settles down enough so I can start taking Ivermectin again.

We love hearing from you! You go ahead and gripe, grunt, or be happy, we don't care. What we care about is you!

and the congregation said AMEN !...and AMEN !

You know, if it's weight you need I've got a spare 40 lbs you can have, and I'm sure others would be happy to donate some as well 😂 Seriously, though glad you are hanging in there! I've read about people having success taking ivermectin through their belly button when they couldn't take it orally. Supposedly there's still pathways from the unbiblical cord there? IDK, but it couldn't hurt to try :)

I've decided that Monday is THE big day and I'm going to the therapy pool.

I am finding that since I've gotten more disiplined about doing "heels over heart" at least twice a day that the pain is less, the skin is less tight and the lymph moves out of areas in my thigh and buttock easier.

Pain at night is a different story.
I believe the pain at night is nerve pain - bright, white, sharp, electrical.
I believe that the Oncologist was right - even though the parasite set up shop in a lymph node there's a nerve pinch involved.
Poor lymph drainage caused by the nodal disease doesn't help my lympodema much at all.

I've decided that Monday is THE big day and I'm going to the therapy pool.

I am finding that since I've gotten more disiplined about doing "heels over heart" at least twice a day that the pain is less, the skin is less tight and the lymph moves out of areas in my thigh and buttock easier.

Pain at night is a different story.
I believe the pain at night is nerve pain - bright, white, sharp, electrical.
I believe that the Oncologist was right - even though the parasite set up shop in a lymph node there's a nerve pinch involved.
Poor lymph drainage caused by the nodal disease doesn't help my lympodema much at all.
Praying Monday is a game changer!!

Laast night was a head kicker!

Hunting for the most comfortable position to lay in so I could get some sleep I rolled onto my left side and bolstered my right knee with my fattest, firmest pillow.
Big mistake.
I woke up in so much pain and the lymph build up in my inner thigh made it so swollen and tight.
The lymph build up also spread to my lower abdomen!
That has never happened before.
I spent the rest of the night trying to ease the pain and to shift the lymph.
I must have drifted off around 2.30am from exhaustion.
Was awakened at 3.30am from pain.
My bedding, hair and pillow soaked in sweat with a raging dehydration head ache.
I took some more pain killers and some hydrolite because plain water wasn't going to cut it.

Sleeping on my left side, even though it's the most comfortable is out of the question now.

Sleep is SO important, quality, not quantity!! You are in the middle of IT!! The middle of a huge war! A fight is fast, you have more! You will lose battles, but NOT the war! I am one of MANY prayer warriors fighting/praying for you with you!! You have ALL the figuring out on you!! We hold true on the sidelines, wishing you were closer, and loving you!!

Last night was another rough night starting at around 4 yesterday afternoon.
3 rounds of pain killers.
I must have drifted off around 4am and woke up around 7 in my left side with my knee bolstered.
I'm thinking I was too tired to know what the heck I was doing.
Less swelling in my thigh and tummy this time.
My sleep patterns have gone to heck.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'll see her before I go to the therapy pool.
As it is I have to see if the battery in my car has gone flat.
It's bee a while since I've driven it so I had better see if I can get it started today and then leave it running to top up the battery so I can get off to a fly start tomorrow.

Another really rough night.

I've had to stop the paracetamol because it apparently reacts badly with the FenBen and destroys your liver.
Thank goodness for the sheer amount of milk thistle I've been necking everyday!
My last PET and CT scan showed no physical damage to the liver so I'm grateful for that considering that I'd been popping paracetamol like tiktacs along with the full protocol for over 6 months.

I'm seeing the doctor today and with the new information about the paracetamol reaction I bit the bullet and I managed to score an appointment to see a accupunturist directely after the doctors appointment.
I am extremely blessed to get an appointment today.
What I've been doing hasn't been working and is not sustainable long term.
The pain and lack of sleep is doing my head in.
I'm PRAYING to Almighty GOD that this works.

I'll go to the pool tomorrow because it's going to be an exhausting day as it is.

Another really rough night.

I've had to stop the paracetamol because it apparently reacts badly with the FenBen and destroys your liver.
Thank goodness for the sheer amount of milk thistle I've been necking everyday!
My last PET and CT scan showed no physical damage to the liver so I'm grateful for that considering that I'd been popping paracetamol like tiktacs along with the full protocol for over 6 months.

I'm seeing the doctor today and with the new information about the paracetamol reaction I bit the bullet and I managed to score an appointment to see a accupunturist directely after the doctors appointment.
I am extremely blessed to get an appointment today.
What I've been doing hasn't been working and is not sustainable long term.
The pain and lack of sleep is doing my head in.
I'm PRAYING to Almighty GOD that this works.

I'll go to the pool tomorrow because it's going to be an exhausting day as it is.
You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Back from my doctors and acupunture treatment.

WOW!
This accupuncture REALLY works and it's suppose to get even bettr over the next 48 hrs.
The pain is significantly less, I'm more upright.
It was extremely painful to be on my front with my knee cap pressing on the table for the duration of the treatment but I hardly felt the needles go in at all.
I was wonky legged when I got off the table and had to cling to it for a couple of moments until my legs decided to work properly.
One I was able to stand on my own the sheer amount of pain relief was amazing.
I started crying.
I'll be making another appointment for next week.

If you've got pain I can now 100% recommend accupuncture!

It WORKS!

That's great to hear, @Tank-Girl . Hoping you'll get more rest than you're used to getting and be pain free for as long as you can.
:heart:

Thank you!
I feel a lot better but I was unable to get to sleep even though I was tired when I got home.
Just being able to lay in any position without pain was incredible.
I couldn't stay in "any" position unfortunately because of the lymphodema but it was bloody glorious seeing how far "pain free" actually went.

The accupunturist said I had a very bad hip alignment - my left hip is significantly lower than my right and my lower back was out.
She said I would continue to have pain until I went to the chiropractor and got them adjusted!
I'm praying this is the cause of the nerve pinch.

This...THIS is what chafes my butt!
All those doctors visits, trips to the ER....none of these fools investigated the cause of the pain.
They just chalked it up to cancer and wanted to throw "pallative care" and opioids at the issue and call it good.
So, the accupuncture is a temperary fix until I can book an adjustment.

I think I might book a accupunture treatment before I go to get the adjustment to get all the pain and tension out of the muscles in my hips, spine and buttocks.
I think it would make the adjustment easier to deal with.

Latest posts

Back