People We Need From Ps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I just had a thought. I wonder if we can find Aardvark and get him to join up over here? Nahh, he would probably just quit. :D

We still need Magus, Tirediron, BlueZ, VoorTrekker and others however.
I sent a message to Tirediron , Tx Cat lady and Voor Trekker but I don't think they are going through. Hashbrown said he was trying to send them messages too but they were changing the links on him.

Also remember you can send them stuff like "forum (dot) homestead (dot) org" or shortened URL's to bypass the filter.

Or you can put the URL into a picture or other medium.

I wish now that we had each person's email address. Any idea of a strategy to get people to send me one? Maybe I can put an email address in some message that could go through? Any ideas? I am willing to work several angles.

Do what I did. Send a PM with an invite to brunch or dinner and offer your email for directions. When they email you explain what has happened and give them the link to this forum.

Several? You mean majority of us!

Actually, looking through the master list of usernames it looks like we have perhaps 25% of the PS members we should have. We still have lots of recruiting to do. I sent out 4-5 more PM's today, all from old conversations I was having with missing members.

Do what I did. Send a PM with an invite to brunch or dinner and offer your email for directions. When they email you explain what has happened and give them the link to this forum.
Your method worked for me...now I'm wondering why Grimm was the only one to invite here? Know it wasn't my good looks because I don't have any...

Your method worked for me...now I'm wondering why Grimm was the only one to invite here? Know it wasn't my good looks because I don't have any...

If you read towards the front of this thread you were mentioned as needing to be invited. I saw that and jumped on it.

My best guess....
This has become a game of strategic cat and mouse. I can't believe I am saying this, but Grimm was fairly low profile on PS lately and they haven't yet given her the stink eye, thus her message is still catching a few. When she gets shut down, than a few low profile people like myself can step up to the plate and maybe sneak in another one. When one door closes, we open another?

Give me a list of 5 or so names over at PS and I'll message them.

Here is an idea. A short story with a link to a PDF file that shows the correct link to this site. Something like the the Alamo Revisited with JIM Bowie and Steve Austin, and how Grimm the outcome was, even tho they stood Sentry duty , well you all get the concept. I doubt their software is going to pick up this subtle message.

Last edited:
I think the idea of inviting people to come over is a great idea. I wish we had everyone's email address so that we could do a bulk emailing. It makes me think we could have had a social secretary who helped us keep track of each other. It is not a job that everyone could do or would even want to do, but right now it could be very helpful.

I wish now that we had each person's email address.

As mods, we had access to everyone's email address that they used to sign up through the Moderator Control Panel. I tried to contact *Andi that way only to find that privilege seems to have been removed with the changeover to the new platform.

Here is an idea. A short story with a link to a PDF file that shows the shows the correct link to this site. Something like the the Alamo Revisited with JIM Bowie and Steve Austin, and how Grimm the outcome was, even tho they stood Sentry duty , well you all get the concept. I doubt their software is going to pick up this subtle message.

I'll stick my neck out over at PS if some one does the leg work of writing the story and making the PDF.

Got my new PS avatar ready. I am hoping I can post it before I get kicked out.

Shield-icon-fantasy-weapons-1132406_150_195.jpg

My best guess....
This has become a game of strategic cat and mouse. I can't believe I am saying this, but Grimm was fairly low profile on PS lately and they haven't yet given her the stink eye, thus her message is still catching a few. When she gets shut down, than a few low profile people like myself can step up to the plate and maybe sneak in another one. When one door closes, we open another?

Unless of course Hitler over there is monitoring what's going on here. It wouldn't surprise me.

Latest posts

Back