Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1934 Sears catalog

untitled.png

@Neb I'm almost embarrassed to post. This old case stayed up in the shop the last 10 years. 2 bay doors stay open year round so its a bit dusty. :rolleyes: Once a year I use the air compressor and leaf blower to blow most of the dust out of the shop.

This is my old dremel case. It came with 4 of the little blue cases and they snapped into the ends of the big case. It came with the main dremel motot, a flex shaft tool, jigsaw and a couple of guides.

I assumed most of my old attachments would work fine with my new motor.

My old flex shaft tool crapped out years ago but I never replaced it. I rarely used it anyway. Can I get a cheap replacement at harbor freight that will attach to a dremel motor? I need to stop by and get a new bench grinder, might as well make it a twofer.

Dremel Old (2) sm.JPG
Dremel Old (4) sm.JPG

Blazing Star – Liatris. Many people grow them in flower gardens. 4 or 5 species grow wild here. They don’t bloom every year. I haven’t seen any of them in 5 years until last week. They do have medicinal properties but aren’t used in western herbal medicine. Some where in my notes I wrote down how to use them. They are a neat sight this time of year, growing wild at the edges of fields and pine thickets.

Liatris blazing star (3) sm.JPG

Liatris blazing star (5) sm.JPG

@Peanut

If you are ashamed of dust that has accumulated in less than a year... You would probably feel dirty if you saw my shop. After saw dust, soda and sand blasting, grinding, and occasional flooding, the dirt in my shop has dust on that has its own dust. Someday I hope to fix the flooding and get a real dust containment system in place but for now, it is what it is. It is only my bench that get cleaned periodically.

Re: HF flex shafts for a Dremel tool

I can not say I have ever seen one. The HF flex shaft tool I did not like came with the flex shaft. I did not like the bearing the handle that was always sloppy. Old shaky hands do not need any help. Amazon sells the flex shaft for about $30 if you have Prime.

71aER1rbMUL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Ben

@Peanut you should have seen the dust we pressure cleaned off the home yesterday and last week from all the drought red dust storms we are had and not to mention flooding too so lines around the bottom of the home as well. Not to mention the pot holes where varying trucks and heavy equipment got bogged in our yard too that I have filled in.

If it was built on a good amt of land, I'm sure there was also an outside bathroom. Typical where we live, and the houses are mostly 100 yrs old here. We have a window out of our upstairs garage attic. I'm sure it was for light. Most of the houses here did not have electricity, and half still don't.

If it was built on a good amt of land, I'm sure there was also an outside bathroom. Typical where we live, and the houses are mostly 100 yrs old here. We have a window out of our upstairs garage attic. I'm sure it was for light. Most of the houses here did not have electricity, and half still don't.
Our house was built in 1910. It was the main house on a farm which was divided later. You can tell that our bathroom was added later and so was the furnace room.

Our house was built in 1910. It was the main house on a farm which was divided later. You can tell that our bathroom was added later and so was the furnace room.
Mine was built in 1920.

No bathrooms
No closets
Fire place in every room and no furnace.
No indoor plumbing

My father told me the miners loved them because they were better than the tents they had previously lived in.

Ben

Mine was built in 1920.

No bathrooms
No closets
Fire place in every room and no furnace.
No indoor plumbing

My father told me the miners loved them because they were better than the tents they had previously lived in.

Ben
Do you know why there was no closets? Back in those days, taxes were figured on the number of rooms. Closets were figured as separate rooms.

Sorry. It is a garage with an upstairs. The garage is next to our house, but detached. Between the two was the washhouse and the windmill with the water pump, but the last owners took the wash house out. But there are windows all over the garage and upstairs (7). I know because most are broken and will be replaced next month. Original 1908 windows. Our house didn't have a bathroom or any closets, either. But does have the original hooks on boards on the walls of the bedroom. Most back then used a small dresser and folded their clothes, and used the hooks for their daily outfit, Sunday outfit, work clothes, and hat. No heat or air, either, Had a coal stove.

The boys brought up several loads of bred heifers and cows this afternoon. Then they pulled a fast one on me. I was prepared to be up half the night listening to cows bawl but... They said they had a dozen calves to take to the stockyards tomorrow. Said they’d move their mothers up here on the way. They brought them tonight instead.

Looks like I’ll be sleeping in my recliner tonight with my shoes on. Those mom’s will be out of the pasture before morning. There’ll be cows out all over this ridge… Cows are predictable.

Cows 21oct20  01 (1) sm.JPG
Cows 21oct20  01 (2) sm.JPG
Cows 21oct20  01 (3) sm.JPG

I would hate to clean that place. I guess if you can afford the house you could afford a housekeeping service.
Do you have any more pictures of the place?
I would hate to have to trudge up and down that spiral staircase as well. It looks so neat though. But if it were my house, I'd stealthily tuck an elevator inside that center timber of the staircase.

I would hate to have to trudge up and down that spiral staircase as well. It looks so neat though. But if it were my house, I'd stealthily tuck an elevator inside that center timber of the staircase.
My knees would not last long and the only way my wife could get upstairs is to be carried and that wouldn't happen.

Latest posts

Back