Prayer request

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's my turn again.
Today my brother was at dialysis and his BP was 90/40 with a heart rate of 128.
Took him to ER and they couldn't get it under control.
The Cardiologist said they needed to shock his heart and see if that would get it corrected.
That did not go well. He had a full blown Code Blue. When I went to the room there was a nurse on the gurney doing CPR for over 5 minutes. The finally got a weak heartbeat with almost no pulse in his legs.
It does not look good for him.
They are doing a bunch of tests tonight to see if they can figure out why it happened. They suspect blood clots. Half of his heart is enlarged and not working very well.
He is in ICU. We won't know anything until tomorrow.
We are praying he lives but I'm not sure he will.
Praying for your brother.

@backlash @Pearl @Patchouli
Ugh! My heart hurts for each of you. Sending up special prayers for healing and easing of pain for all involved.

I so agree, LadyL. I have so many friends with recent requests for prayers it breaks my heart. I feel badly that so many people are hurting.

@backlash - Prayers for your brother - may his heart be strong and the doctors be able to figure out how to help.
@Pearl - Prayers for your brother as well that the cancer can be removed and brought to a lifelong remission.
@Patchouli - Prayers for your sister that her recovery might be quick and her pain lessened.
Prayers for the families as well - it's so hard when your loved ones are struggling!

I thank all of you.
I don't have an update it's just a waiting process. He is still sedated and they have him cooled down. In the morning they are going to start warming him up and reduce the sedation then see if he wakes up. That's the big question now. Will he wake up or not and if he wakes up what will his condition be?
Either way life as we know it has made a big change.
Again thank you for your prayers.

I thank all of you.
I don't have an update it's just a waiting process. He is still sedated and they have him cooled down. In the morning they are going to start warming him up and reduce the sedation then see if he wakes up. That's the big question now. Will he wake up or not and if he wakes up what will his condition be?
Either way life as we know it has made a big change.
Again thank you for your prayers.
Please update! Life has for sure changed! It's in God's hands now! He has a plan♥️

@angie_nrs :: @snappy1 said in the what's everybody doing today thread:

"I'm exhausted today! Walked anyway and will walk dogs.
DH is not responding to the antibiotics for his lung infection. Doc says 2 more weeks and then we may have to go to IV antibiotics at home. Sigh. So didn't sleep well at all last night.

Have to go to tax appt. this afternoon and then maybe Bible study this afternoon. Friday and Saturday, I won't be around - help friend.
Looking for rest... "

@angie_nrs :: @snappy1 said in the what's everybody doing today thread:

"I'm exhausted today! Walked anyway and will walk dogs.
DH is not responding to the antibiotics for his lung infection. Doc says 2 more weeks and then we may have to go to IV antibiotics at home. Sigh. So didn't sleep well at all last night.

Have to go to tax appt. this afternoon and then maybe Bible study this afternoon. Friday and Saturday, I won't be around - help friend.
Looking for rest... "
Thanks for that Patch. I don't visit all the threads here and that one tends to be long, so I don't typically look at that one.

It seems like there's lots of people here who can really use Gods hand in their lives right now. More prayers being sent in all directions today.

Well it's my turn again.
Today my brother was at dialysis and his BP was 90/40 with a heart rate of 128.
Took him to ER and they couldn't get it under control.
The Cardiologist said they needed to shock his heart and see if that would get it corrected.
That did not go well. He had a full blown Code Blue. When I went to the room there was a nurse on the gurney doing CPR for over 5 minutes. The finally got a weak heartbeat with almost no pulse in his legs.
It does not look good for him.
They are doing a bunch of tests tonight to see if they can figure out why it happened. They suspect blood clots. Half of his heart is enlarged and not working very well.
He is in ICU. We won't know anything until tomorrow.
We are praying he lives but I'm not sure he will.
Prayers going your way backlash for your and your family.

@backlash I am so sorry to hear about this. Is he local? Prayers going up for him. That is just terrible.
@Pearl praying for you and your family
@Patchouli @snappy1 and everyone else, will keep you guys in my prayers.

Sorry haven't been here for a bit, finished a long work stretch and now dealing with the aftermath of my daughter reporting the guy who sexually assaulted her and filmed it (please say prayers for her too, she is not sleeping now)

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your daughter.
My brother is in the hospital here in town.
I would prefer he was in a bigger hospital but they can't transport him with him being on a vent.
I'm still not sure what they hoped to accomplish when they shocked his heart in ER but I wish I had slowed them down and thought about it longer.

Thank you. Sorry to hear about your daughter.
My brother is in the hospital here in town.
I would prefer he was in a bigger hospital but they can't transport him with him being on a vent.
I'm still not sure what they hoped to accomplish when they shocked his heart in ER but I wish I had slowed them down and thought about it longer.
I have my opinion on that and will pm you.
they should be able to lifeflight him out. This place has a long history of hanging onto patients completely outside the scope of practice of the docs here.
truly hope he makes it. That is so awful.

Oftentimes when we are hurting or stressed, we don't rest as @Patchouli & @DrJenner have stated. For those it will comfort, there was a time in my life I read this line over and over until I slept.
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalms 4:8
Continued prayers~

Oftentimes when we are hurting or stressed, we don't rest as @Patchouli & @DrJenner have stated. For those it will comfort, there was a time in my life I read this line over and over until I slept.
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalms 4:8
Continued prayers~
The scriptures can bring us peace and help us find rest, even if it is short-lived. I'm sorry, but I think it was snappy1 who is hurting and stressed and unable to rest because she's out there helping others. I was quoting snappy1.

Back