The last house I will build! (Project)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walls usually go fast.

Be careful...

Jim

You're right! And then you work and work and don't seem like you're doing anything.
Today I got the two end walls up and the front wall built. Tomorrow I'll stand it up and finish framing for the windows and door.
We have the grandaughters this weekend so no telling how much I won't get done.lol!
20180302_164814.jpg

You're right! And then you work and work and don't seem like you're doing anything.
Today I got the two end walls up and the front wall built. Tomorrow I'll stand it up and finish framing for the windows and door.
We have the grandaughters this weekend so no telling how much I won't get done.lol!View attachment 4775
Now it looks larger than it did before. You are moving forward. You will have it framed and dried in before long. Stay safe!

Now it looks larger than it did before. You are moving forward. You will have it framed and dried in before long. Stay safe!
I ordered the trusses last Monday. It takes 2-3 weeks to make and deliver. I think this coming Monday I'll order the metal roofing. Maybe everything will get here about the same time. I'm glad now I didn't go bigger than 1,000 sq'! This is to big for my wife and I. Except when the grandaughters come to stay a weekend. They're a rowdy wound up bunch of girls. Love em to death.

Great work @gumpy :D .
Thank you. I'm really enjoying this.

And the finish work begins and it seems like it's taking forever. At least with the house dried in you'll not have to fight the elements.

Here's the front wall completed. Didn't do anything on it yesterday (Sunday), and won't get anything done today cause of rain, again! Wife and I will make a trip into town today and the laundromat.

Yall are amazing Gump. I bet your lady is so proud.:great:

My Lady isn't feeling to well right now. We're in the ER in Jackson Tennessee cause her heart is acting up again!

Built and stood up the back wall today in the rain. Mud was finally starting to dry out some, but not now! Tomorrow I'll start building the interior walls.
20180305_160150.jpg
20180304_091618.jpg

My Lady isn't feeling to well right now. We're in the ER in Jackson Tennessee cause her heart is acting up again!

Built and stood up the back wall today in the rain. Mud was finally starting to dry out some, but not now! Tomorrow I'll start building the interior walls.
View attachment 4921 View attachment 4922

I know, I'm not real religious but I prayed for yall and may God be with you both.

With all this rain you have experienced I figgered you would just slide a hull under the foundation.I hope Miz grump did not get the health problems cause you made her do the heavy work.

Hahaha!
At times she's mad at me because I make her sit on a chair and watch. Either that or I sneak and do it while she is in the house.lol. When building and standing up walls I do it in 10' sections so I can do it by myself.

I like what you've got done so far. I also like that you are putting on a metal roof, we did that after adding on to our home. The guy that made our roofing brought his machine to our driveway and made all the rib-lock roofing on site, the South face pieces were just over 33 feet long. A metal roof is one of the best things I've done after seeing 3 tab roofing loose all the mineral covering in less than 15 years.

Latest posts

Back