The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See how you are? I can't even go watch a movie in peace without feeling the need to respond, lol... :confused:

I think I may be addicted to this website, and THAT is NOT something that happens very often to me, lol. ;)

But get this: I called the shelter today to see about adopting the other two littermates! 5 cats are NOT enough, lol... :oops:

P.S. I will seek 'treatment' for my "H&CL addiction" pronto... oh, WAIT, I'm an unrepentant sinner, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 🤪
YOU GO GET THOSE BABIES!!♥️ I have 4 cats, 1 dog (nope, weird looking person), and one donkey (nope, funny looking pony)!! Can't wait to see family reunion pictures!!😺

Heading out to the yard to explore... :cool:

IMG_9629.JPG

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

And then we have Zorlac high in a pine tree, he must have been 25' off the ground in the first pic, lol... :oops:

IMG_9632.JPG

IMG_9633.JPG

IMG_9634.JPG

Crazy fool! I don't mind the kittens (or cats) climbing the trees, but I don't want 'em so high up that they attract attention from any passing raptors. Haven't seen any hawks around lately, but I am concerned about the potential danger. :rolleyes:

Young kitty meets young tarantula... wish I'd had the camera in hand when I first noticed Z-Girl messing with the spider, she was right over it when it reared up, causing her to leap backward, lol. Tarantulas are welcome here on our property, I regard them as basically harmless (unless you stupidly rile one and are close enough to get bitten). They usually just cruise along on their own little arachnid missions, in search of food or a mate... only the shadow knows! They don't bug me, the only way I would ever kill one is by accident, and that's not likely to happen, as I usually notice them before I get close enough to step on one. In Arizona, I had huge tarantulas regularly cruising across my property, and the adult cats would briefly check 'em out, then leave 'em alone, lol. :oops:

IMG_9734.JPG

IMG_9735.JPG

Here's a big ol' tarantula in my yard in Benson, AZ, lol... o_O

IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3354.JPG

It had just rained on the spider before I took those shots, lol... in the last shot, the quarter is for size comparison. ;)

While I was searching for those Benson spider pics, I ran across these shots of the monster bowl at the Sierra Vista Skatepark... this thing had to be 12' deep, it was radical! I wanted to take my cruiser down there and ride it, but I was all caught up with selling my home and loading moving boxes to put in storage, so no dice. Nice bowl though, when I was young my friends & I would've killed for such a hassle-free spot, completely free for kids and lit up at night, lol. Since two of the kittens have skate-related names, I'm gonna throw these pics into this thread. Here we go to Sierra Vista, Arizona:

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

That square drain cover at the bottom of the deep end was roughly 2' square, and you can see a standard flip-tip skateboard in the second pic, lying next to the drain cover. I asked some kid to set it down there for scale, you understand. The shallow end was taller than I am, I had a hard time climbing out of that slick MFer, lol. I was gonna take some line down there with my bike, tie the line off to that nearby pole, and leave it within reach up on the surrounding slab so I could haul myself outta there! That fifth pic of the wall reminds me of Waimea Bay, the birthplace of big wave surfing, lol. I was nearly standing erect when I took that shot...this bowl was a MONSTER!!! o_O

Here are some other pics of that park, plus the skate shop which looks like it's run by Magus, lol... ;)

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

Nice Powell-Peralta "Ripper" skeleton behind bars, lol... 🤣

Last edited:
Young kitty meets young tarantula... wish I'd had the camera in hand when I first noticed Z-Girl messing with the spider, she was right over it when it reared up, causing her to leap backward, lol. Tarantulas are welcome here on our property, I regard them as basically harmless (unless you stupidly rile one and are close enough to get bitten). They usually just cruise along on their own little arachnid missions, in search of food or a mate... only the shadow knows! They don't bug me, the only way I would ever kill one is by accident, and that's not likely to happen, as I usually notice them before I get close enough to step on one. In Arizona, I had huge tarantulas regularly cruising across my property, and the adult cats would briefly check 'em out, then leave 'em alone, lol. :oops:

View attachment 95549
View attachment 95550

Here's a big ol' tarantula in my yard in Benson, AZ, lol... o_O

View attachment 95551 View attachment 95552 View attachment 95553

It had just rained on the spider before I took those shots, lol... in the last shot, the quarter is for size comparison. ;)
Yuck, got those big ones here, not a fan!!

Rednecks here just mash on it and the spiders take their chances crossing the road... :oops:

Moi, I'll try to avoid 'em, but in keeping with the way I trained myself to drive in big rigs, I will NOT swerve toward other vehicles to avoid a tarantula in the road, or anything else for that matter. I like my space anyway, so I'm usually "riding the gap" with no other vehicles around me, but once I hit town it's another story. :confused:

Little Z-Girl learned a valuable lesson in meeting that tarantula in our yard, so no worries... all's well that ends well! It was funny to see her leap backward when the spider reared up as tarantulas do. She's a comical little kitten, that's for sure! :cool:

And THAT is precisely why 'The Three Amigos' luv ya, Pearl! ;)

Here are two of the BLASTED VARMINTS, dunno where the third KNUCKLEHAID is, lol... :rolleyes:

IMG_9856.JPG

Nice shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in the background, lol... meh, it still works as a curtain to block the sun. :cool:

Found her!!! She was behind me the whole time, on her new favorite perch on the 'hutch' or whatever it is... something I inherited when I bought this property, lol. Anyway, here's the missing Black Diamond!!! :rolleyes:

IMG_9864.JPG

IMG_9865.JPG

IMG_9866.JPG

IMG_9867.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

That little black "cabin" is made outta coal, Kentucky or West Virginia coal, I can't remember which, I picked it up back in my 'trucking daze.' I like how Black Diamond suddenly "notices" the ceramic black panther when I include it in the shot, lol. Last pic shows my beloved nephew who still lives in San Diego... he's quite the hand, and I love him as family, aye? But truth be told, 'The Three Amigos' are ALSO family, in their own crazy & demented way, lol. :oops:

P.S. Don't mind the crease in my nephew's photo, it has been shown to many people over the years, lol. He's a little older now, going on 38 or so, I reckon, but he's still into the martial arts... :cool:

Found her!!! She was behind me the whole time, on her new favorite perch on the 'hutch' or whatever it is... something I inherited when I bought this property, lol. Anyway, here's the missing Black Diamond!!! :rolleyes:

View attachment 95716
View attachment 95717
View attachment 95718
View attachment 95719
View attachment 95720

That little black "cabin" is made outta coal, Kentucky or West Virginia coal, I can't remember which, I picked it up back in my 'trucking daze.' I like how Black Diamond suddenly "notices" the ceramic black panther when I include it in the shot, lol. Last pic shows my beloved nephew who still lives in San Diego... he's quite the hand, and I love him as family, aye? But truth be told, 'The Three Amigos' are ALSO family, in their own crazy & demented way, lol. :oops:

P.S. Don't mind the crease in my nephew's photo, it has been shown to many people over the years, lol. He's a little older now, going on 38 or so, I reckon, but he's still into the martial arts... :cool:
Black Diamond found her area!!

Hope you don't mind... This came to me from a deceased coal miner in my family. I remember when he show it to me, had just gotten it... don't remember the exact story. I know it was carved by a coal miner from coal he mined every day. I'm not sure if it was a guy my uncle worked with or from another mine.

It's very detailed, hard to see in coal black. He's got a hardhat and lamp, ready to work, holding a coal shovel.

Coal sm 02.jpg
Coal sm 03.jpg

I just wish I could remember the story of how the statue came to be in my uncles possession. About 1980 I helped rebuild a longwall miner destined for a mine in WV. It took 3 months to rebuild. There was a company rep from the mine staying in a local hotel.

Somehow this same company rep ended up involved in the statue story of my uncle a few years later.

Funny, just remembered. One night this company rep and I sat on the hood of a car and watched a fight in a mall parking lot. Best fight I've ever seen... and the funniest.

The woman was big, at least 6ft, weighed 200+, built like a line backer. Her boyfriend wieghed about 140. She whipped his butt good! Someone had taught this girl how to punch. She had a good left hook! Knocked him down a couple times.

She was winning up until the moment he got a thumb in her eye. Then she couldn't see how to hit him anymore.

Another woman (evidently with them), drove her car into the big ring of people watching the fight. Opened her door and tried to pull her female friend into the car.

Problem, she was a a big as her friend. The tough girl got wedged between the driver and the steering wheel. The boyfriend was a gentleman, didn't use the pointy end of his cowboy boots. He used the side of his foot and was kicking the big girl in the butt!

This was beyond funny to see!!!! I could no longer breath!!! That's where they were when the cops showed up. A skinny guy with the crap beat out him kicking a big girl in the butt who was stuck head first in a car with the horn blaring. 🤣
🤣🤣

Last edited:
My 'computer consultants' hard at work, lol... no wonder I couldn't get those trail-riding pics transferred! :oops:

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9886.JPG

IMG_9888.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

IMG_9890.JPG

IMG_9893.JPG

IMG_9894.JPG

IMG_9897.JPG

The BLASTED VARMINTS!!! Lol... GOLDURNED SLACKERS!!! And I'm PAYIN' for THIS?!? 😒

Might as well be GUBMINT EMPLOYEES!!! ;)

Last edited:
"Hey, Boss, how do we start this piece o' junk? We wanna go for a cruise!" :blue truck:

Haha, that emoji is an instant fantasy upgrade... wish I had that truck instead of my old 4-banger Camry! ;)

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

"Meh, this piece o' junk is kaput! Let's go hunt Crackhead instead!" :oops:

Nice FMF sticker on the Camry, lol... another fantasy, aye? But hey, an old 4-banger Camry can DREAM, right? 🤣

Fierce tigers on guard duty in my yard! Beware of the killer attack tigers! :oops:

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

In Pic #3, little Z-Girl is "stalking" a dove over by the birdbath and circular paver I use for ground feeding wild birds... the bird is about as big as she is, lol. A few pics show the garden bench I made using four cement piers which were lying around on the property when I bought it: I purchased a 2" x 12" x 8' plank at the Depot, cut it to 6', painted it & the cement piers forest green, then I "assembled" the bench, lol. Works great, and the piers are handy if I ever need 'em in an emergency. :thumbs:

Now, here we have a penalty for "Encroachment" during my breakfast at the dining room table, lol... blasted varmint kittens have to check out EVERYTHING I eat, don'tcha know? Here they are, pushing their luck with the ref (moi), lol... ;)

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

AWWWWW, LOOK AT LITTLE Z-GIRL!!! AIN'T SHE A CUTIE?!? ACTUALLY, THEY'RE ALL CUTE!!! 😍

P.S. You can see the remaining stumps & pile of pine cones I still have to burn, but at least I got rid of the other ugly cr@p in my front yard! I'm so happy that I did that this week! Once I burn off those stumps and cones in my stone fire ring, my yard will look quite nice! Plenty of room for young tigers to roam and explore! Half an acre with 30 pine trees and various other trees & plants, two sheds & a 3BR/2BA home in decent shape for $40K cash, lol. What a deal!!! :cool:

Oh, yeah, the seller had to pony up for a brand-new septic system as well, since the old one failed mandatory state inspection, lol. So I got THAT too, all for $40K... pretty good score considering the current real estate market, lol. o_O

BTW, that garden bench was the very first project I completed here at the ol' hacienda, way back in February... I use it all the time too, it's a great place to sit and watch the sunset across the Tularosa Basin to the west. I'll sit out there with a cold beer and just enjoy the calm & peaceful setting with the cats & wild birds, ya know? I'm tucked back toward the SW corner of this rural subdivision or community, so there's very little traffic, noise, crime, etc. JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!! CHEERS!!! 🍺

Edit: In that first pic of Z-Girl, you can see the melon vine in a large patch of shade in the background! No wonder the goldurned melons weren't growing! 😒

Last edited:
Fierce tigers on guard duty in my yard! Beware of the killer attack tigers! :oops:

View attachment 96030
View attachment 96031
View attachment 96032
View attachment 96033
View attachment 96034
View attachment 96035
View attachment 96036

In Pic #3, little Z-Girl is "stalking" a dove over by the birdbath and circular paver I use for ground feeding wild birds... the bird is about as big as she is, lol. A few pics show the garden bench I made using four cement piers which were lying around on the property when I bought it: I purchased a 2" x 12" x 8' plank at the Depot, painted it and the cement piers forest green, then I "assembled" the bench, lol. Works great, and the piers are handy if I ever need 'em in an emergency. :thumbs:

Now, here we have a penalty for "Encroachment" during my breakfast at the dining room table, lol... blasted varmint kittens have to check out EVERYTHING I eat, don'tcha know? Here they are, pushing their luck with the ref (moi), lol... ;)

View attachment 96037
View attachment 96038
View attachment 96039

AWWWWW, LOOK AT LITTLE Z-GIRL!!! AIN'T SHE A CUTIE?!? ACTUALLY, THEY'RE ALL CUTE!!! 😍

P.S. You can see the remaining stumps & pile of pine cones I still have to burn, but at least I got rid of the other ugly cr@p in my front yard! I'm so happy that I did that this week! Once I burn off those stumps and cones in my stone fire ring, my yard will look quite nice! Plenty of room for young tigers to roam and explore! Half an acre with 30 pine trees and various other trees & plants, two sheds & a 3BR/2BA home in decent shape for $40K cash, lol. What a deal!!! :cool:

Oh, yeah, the seller had to pony up for a brand-new septic system as well, since the old one failed mandatory state inspection, lol. So I got THAT too, all for $40K... pretty good score considering the current real estate market, lol. o_O

BTW, that garden bench was the very first project I completed here at the ol' hacienda, way back in February... I use it all the time too, it's a great place to sit and watch the sunset across the Tularosa Basin to the west. I'll sit out there with a cold beer and just enjoy the calm & peaceful setting with the cats & wild birds, ya know? I'm tucked back toward the SW corner of this rural subdivision or community, so there's very little traffic, noise, crime, etc. JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!!! CHEERS!!! 🍺
I'm not the only one who has something on the dining table for the cats to lay on! 😉

I use Mexican blankets because I have a dozen of 'em, and if they get dirty I can just toss 'em into the washer, 10-4? Plus the cats like 'em, they're heller comfortable when folded up like that, and all three kittens easily fit atop the blanket. Here are a few more pics of my property, I took these earlier today while roaming around with the cats and assessing what needs to be done this coming week. It just rained here but the sun is back out for a bit, and the air is nice & fresh... we should get more rain later too, which suits me fine!!! :)

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

Not a bad place for cats to live... I'm still working on it, but I have a master plan and I'm making progress, so I'm not worried about it. I'm gonna start painting the rest of the interior and working on that front porch soon, it needs work but it's still solid, I'm just gonna cover the existing plywood with fresh ply AFTER I coat the old stuff for added protection. The porch measures roughly 8' x 26', more than enough room for visiting friends to hang out on camp chairs, lol. Once the fresh plywood is down on the porch, I'll paint that before I put down vinyl (either in roll form or adhesive tiles). That's a very nice porch for settin', as some folks say, you can see me dear departed mum's wooden rocking chair out there, it even has the very cushions she had on it, I left 'em in place. The BBQ will eventually go down on the paver pad in the front yard, then get covered for protection... that'll happen soon because I wanna treat the old plywood on the porch. 😒

See all those open sunny areas in my yard? I wanna plant all kinds of good fruit & veggies in those sunny areas next spring, this season was purely experimental but I now know what grows best here in this climate. I'm gonna buy some pecan & pistachio nut trees next spring too, they do very well here---there are HUGE orchards in the Tularosa Basin with thousands upon thousands of nut trees, lol. As long as you water 'em, they'll thrive, same way my peach & pear saplings seem to be thriving. The blackberry bush or vine too, that's now doing well. Next spring, I'm also gonna paint the exterior of my home, I don't like the ugly colors it has now, I'm gonna go with forest green skirting and porch railings, all else will be white or some shade of off-white, nothing too bright. Green & white, Coronado colors, lol... green for weed, white for coke back in the day, lol. No lie, you can see the green & white combo on the city flag today, and CHS school colors are also green & white. 😳

My home should look pretty sweet once all THAT is done, then I can focus upon riding the thumper and otherwise having a blast, lol. I'm so happy I found this place, especially after field camping for 109 days in Whetstone, Arizona (not far from Tombstone), I was beginning to get a bit desperate due to the insane real estate market prices, lol. In fact, the gal realtor who helped me buy this place REALLY did me a big ol' favor when she told other prospective buyers that the property was already under contract, even though other buyers technically had the rest of the day to make higher offers. I had told the gal that I was living in a tent with three cats, you see, so once she knew I was serious and had the cash, that was it, I was in and my troubles were over, as far as relocation went. I still had to drag everything over here, but my mind was at ease because I had FINALLY found a home within my price range, lol. Jeez, that was an ordeal... I like camping, but after 109 days it kinda gets OLD, lol. 😵‍💫

OH, WELL, ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL, AS SOMEONE ONCE WROTE, LOL... I'M HAPPY TO BE HERE!!! :cool:

P.S. That nice metal shed was built by the same outfit that erected the dual carport, and they're both nearly new, so that was another score for the money I paid, lol. The other shed is older, but it's still pretty solid, and both sheds are on nice concrete slabs, no cracks or other problems. The home is a 14' x 80' single-wide manufactured home, but it has more than enough room for me and five cats, lol. I kinda miss my previous double-wide homes, but I have a larger yard now to make up for that, so no worries. Trees too, which I did not have in Benson, except for some Palo Verde and one huge mesquite tree which was actually on a neighbor's property, but overhung mine. I like these pine trees, they're not tall Ponderosa Pines like I had in Show Low (23 on that property), but they're tall enough to provide shade and I love the way they smell in summer, pine resin has an aroma that I like! The cones & needles are great for starting campfires, and once I'm up to speed on this property, routine maintenance should be MUCH easier, lol. ;)

Last edited:
Hmm, I have a few more pics of the yard and some plants, I'll just throw 'em down here and be done with 'em, aye? ;)

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

Plenty o' room in that yard to grow fruits & vegetables, aye? I just gotta choose the best location for each, then dig a hole and amend the soil. There's some existing gravel round parts of my home, but I don't really view that as a problem, not if I amend the soil. You can see the pile of pine cones in some shots, and the stumps I'll burn later this fall as I have primo campfires in my yard, lol. Like camping, but my home is right there! And the BBQ too! Lol. Those agave plants were donated to me by a neighbor, he gave me half a dozen of 'em and I put 'em in various places. All the agaves are doing well, they thrive in the high desert. The Mescalero Apaches actually use agaves as a food source... and of course they can be used to make tequila, lol. I'm still working out whether I wanna make cider! I've been pricing the equipment and all, but sweet cider has gone through the roof in price, due to Biden economics, that scumbag. Whenever anybody looks up "scumbag" in Noah Webster's Dictionary, there should be a picture of that greaseball Biden next to the entry, lol. 😒

P.S. That last shot shows the owner of this property... I heard he greets visitors at the front door, lol. Cheers!!! :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back