The Three Amigos!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kittens on the table this morning, too wet & muddy outside! Nap time! :thumbs:

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

Note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in background! Meh, it still blocks the sun, lol... I'll swap it out later! ;)

Dropped Zorlac at the shelter, I'll see him again tomorrow evening... now I'm back at the ol' hacienda, chillin' with a cold beer! Here's Black Diamond, thinking I won't see her if she hides in the sink, lol... :oops:

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

I suppose she thought she was well-concealed, lol... I didn't have the heart to tell her that she stood out like a drunken sailor at a Southern Baptist Temperance Revival Meeting!!! 🤣

Dropped Zorlac at the shelter, I'll see him again tomorrow evening... now I'm back at the ol' hacienda, chillin' with a cold beer! Here's Black Diamond, thinking I won't see her if she hides in the sink, lol... :oops:

View attachment 96104
View attachment 96105
View attachment 96106

I suppose she thought she was well-concealed, lol... I didn't have the heart to tell her that she stood out like a drunken sailor at a Southern Baptist Temperance Revival Meeting!!! 🤣
She's probably wondering what Zorloc did to get kicked off the island!! Who is next?😮

Mission accomplished, Zorlac is home but he's very groggy after the operation and the anaesthetic, so I have him isolated in my bedroom with only water available, at least until the drugs wear off by tomorrow. Gonna regularly check on the poor guy and take good care of him tonight. Other cats will NOT be allowed to interfere with his recovery... that is VERBOTEN!!! Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again, lol. I served in the USA INF, so I'm thinking only ONE shot will be required. Meh, enough levity for one day (and night), I'm off to handle this situation. Might have another hard cider while I do this, lol. CHEERS!!! Y'ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!!! :cool:

Z-Girl offering moral support to Zorlac after his operation... caught a later pic of her sleeping while upright, her head atop Zorlac's head, lol. Oh, well, at least he knows he's not alone in his post-operative state. I even gave him some warm milk as a treat, since he's doing such a fine job of recovering from the surgery. Here are Z-Girl & Zorlac:

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

Z-Girl offering moral support to Zorlac after his operation... caught a later pic of her sleeping while upright, her head atop Zorlac's head, lol. Oh, well, at least he knows he's not alone in his post-operative state. I even gave him some warm milk as a treat, since he's doing such a fine job of recovering from the surgery. Here are Z-Girl & Zorlac:

View attachment 96197
View attachment 96198
View attachment 96199
View attachment 96200
That is so sweet!! Hope he does the same when it's her turn!!

Two pics from yesterday... :rolleyes:

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

And two pics taken just now as the kittens grab a nap... they've already run around this morning, lol. :)

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

Zorlac (hidden below Z-Girl) is doing very well, no sign of any problem after his surgery, which is why I'm going riding today... didn't wanna go yesterday and have some problem develop while I was gone, but he looks quite healthy and happy this morning, so I'm gonna go have some fun, lol. :cool:

IMG_0306.JPG

Edit: And little Black Diamond joins the pajama party, lol... oh, wait, kittens don't have pajamas!!! ;)

Note shredded Chinese Walmart curtain in background... that thing is really taking a beating, lol. :oops:

Last edited:
Zorlac is doing very well, no sign of trouble after his surgery. Here are pics taken yesterday & this morning, I saw Tiger & Crackhead sharing me dear departed mum's old rocker, so I snapped a pic of those two knucklehaids. The kittens like sitting in my master bathroom window, they can watch birds in the nearby trees... :rolleyes:

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

More pics, first of brother & sister Zorlac & Z-Girl: :)

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Little Black Diamond found a new place to hang out among me dear departed mum's lighthouse collection... or part of the collection, anyway. I turned on the Himalayan 'Salt Lamp' and the model of our old Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego, it lights up and looks pretty cool, lol. Same historic lighthouse found on my nautical chart of San Diego Bay (see chart pics). Here's Black Diamond: 😍

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

I'm not big on clutter in my home, but I believe in HONORING dear departed family members, so I SELECTIVELY choose a bit of clutter whenever I decorate my home, AYE? We're a 'Navy family' and we're also expert small craft sailors, many of us who still survive, so nautical charts and lighthouses figure prominently in my home decor, lol. Plus they remind me of all the good times & party voyages I had with friends & family in the past. No bad memories, just a few "epics" when the weather turned for the worse, lol. Cheers!!! 🍺

More pics, first of brother & sister Zorlac & Z-Girl: :)

View attachment 96478
View attachment 96479
View attachment 96481
View attachment 96482

Little Black Diamond found a new place to hang out among me dear departed mum's lighthouse collection... or part of the collection, anyway. I turned on the Himalayan 'Salt Lamp' and the model of our old Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego, it lights up and looks pretty cool, lol. Same historic lighthouse found on my nautical chart of San Diego Bay (see chart pics). Here's Black Diamond: 😍

View attachment 96487
View attachment 96484
View attachment 96485
View attachment 96488
View attachment 96489
View attachment 96490
Thank you Wingnut.....these sweeties always make my day!!

"HAND OVER THE CATNIP AND NOBODY GETS HURT!!!" :oops:

IMG_2334.jpg

That's a younger Crackhead, the pic taken 5 or 6 years ago in our forest home on the outskirts of Show Low, AZ. Here's another "shot" of our kitchen... "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING MY MEAT!!!" o_O

IMG_2932.jpg

"OR MY PISTACHIOS!!!" ;)

IMG_2327.jpg

Here's our 'redneck pool' under the tall pines! I erected that oversized beach umbrella and lashed it into place, hung a small transistor radio off it so we had tunes, and put a soft cooler full o' beer within reach, lol. BBQ in the background for later! It was awesome, lounging in the pool & watching the wild birds in the trees! Note the primo Pawleys Island Hammock in at least one pic! This temporary summer setup was ALL about relaxation, lol. :D

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2913 (1).jpg

IMG_2914 (1).jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

Hey, there's my old cat Sage in the last pic... RIP, Sage, one of the best cats I ever had, but Crackhead is becoming a lot like him with age. Going back to the setup, we had a fairly tall juniper privacy hedge which wrapped around the corner of that lot, so the pool was mostly private... looks like my toes in the water in that last pic, lol. Ah, those were some fine summer days, with the tall Ponderosa Pines offering shade and the air temp perfect at elevation (6350' or so). Great home, I kinda wish I still lived there, but I flipped it to stay in the black, and made good money on the flip too. Meh, I'll set up a comfortable home wherever I go, so no worries!!! :cool:

Last edited:
A shot of these two knucklehaids taken yesterday... 😒

IMG_0716.JPG

Here's the bureau (or whatever it is) that Tiger likes to sleep atop, I inherited this furniture along with a few matching pieces when I bought my home here in Alamo. I use this particular piece of furniture to store blankets & quilts... I initially kept it because it fits so well in that little alcove or nook, aye? Anyway, I removed a quilt for winter use, so I figured I'd make another 'cat cave' for the youngsters (and possibly Crackhead), down below the top ledge that Tiger likes so much. Well, this morning, I noticed Zorlac sleeping in there, so I took a few pics of him & Tiger sharing the furniture, lol. I always pad the 'cat caves' I make, using blankets, quilts, oversized beach towels, whatever... gotta keep the kitties warm & comfortable! Otherwise, there might be a prison riot, lol... 😳

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

Funny, Zorlac looks very much like a young Tiger, they are both DSH brown tabbies, 10-4? Now that Zorlac is growing so fast, I'm occasionally having trouble distinguishing between the two cats when the light is dim or whatever. Once Zorlac is grown, I'll have a hard time telling the two apart! Meh, no worries, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... 😉

A shot of these two knucklehaids taken yesterday... 😒

View attachment 96687

Here's the bureau (or whatever it is) that Tiger likes to sleep atop, I inherited this furniture along with a few matching pieces when I bought my home here in Alamo. I use this particular piece of furniture to store blankets & quilts... I initially kept it because it fits so well in that little alcove or nook, aye? Anyway, I removed a quilt for winter use, so I figured I'd make another 'cat cave' for the youngsters (and possibly Crackhead), down below the top ledge that Tiger likes so much. Well, this morning, I noticed Zorlac sleeping in there, so I took a few pics of him & Tiger sharing the furniture, lol. I always pad the 'cat caves' I make, using blankets, quilts, oversized beach towels, whatever... gotta keep the kitties warm & comfortable! Otherwise, there might be a prison riot, lol... 😳

View attachment 96688
View attachment 96689
View attachment 96690

Funny, Zorlac looks very much like a young Tiger, they are both DSH brown tabbies, 10-4? Now that Zorlac is growing so fast, I'm occasionally having trouble distinguishing between the two cats when the light is dim or whatever. Once Zorlac is grown, I'll have a hard time telling the two apart! Meh, no worries, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... 😉
At least they are all getting along!! I think Zorlac is hiding from the camera,lol!

He's like a celebrity, he doesn't like the paparazzi, lol... next time I go to photograph him, he'll probably take a swing at me! But it's okay, I know how to defend myself, lol. :oops:

Shots from this morning as I finished burning two stumps and heaps o' pine cones & needles... these were my supervisors on the job, lol. Note the kittens high in a tree, they must be 25' off the deck, and I had to use the zoom lens on the Canon cam just to bring 'em into view, aye? o_O

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

I don't like 'em going too high in that tree, as a hawk could probably pick one of 'em off if they weren't paying attention, but I WAS paying close attention, and thankfully no large hawks have been seen here lately (though they've been seen before in months past). I'm very careful about this, and I'm trying to teach the kittens to look skyward outdoors... :rolleyes:

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

Little Z-Girl has a good camouflage coat for this yard, sometimes it's very difficult to spot her... here she and Zorlac hunt grasshoppers, there seem to be many of the insects still around, though other bugs have been dying off with the advent of colder nights. 'Bug Season' is finally coming to an end, lol. But the kittens LOVE chasing those grasshoppers... ;)

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

The three little tigers outside with Crackhead, who has taken on the role of mentor, which will also increase their chances of long-term survival in the boondocks of New Mexico, lol. At least the kittens are growing fast and they have the older cats (and moi) to look after them, so things are good for now... survival training continues! Kittens will be hardcore!!! Lol... :oops:

IMG_1045.JPG

Last pic shows the fire as it was getting started, I wound up burning a ton of stuff in the stone fire ring this morning so it is now chockablock with ashes, which I shall shovel out once the trash bin is emptied manana. I like keeping the fire ring empty (or even reloaded) for future use... might even spread some ashes round the bases of trees tomorrow, yeah? 🤔

ALRIGHT, TIME FOR ME TO MOVE ON AND SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING AT H&CL TONIGHT... CHEERS!!! 🍺

Edit: Wait, doesn't my yard look BETTER now that I've cleared so many weeds and cr@p off the property? That hose is normally dragged round the back, out of sight except when I use it, lol. I'm beginning to like my property very much, as I should be able to maintain it henceforth with a minimum of effort. Can't wait to plant nut trees next spring! :cool:

Last edited:
Roger that... I'll have plenty of ashes to spread around this fall and winter, plus I'll mix some in with the soil amendment next spring, I intend to "go big" with the garden next spring and plant all kinds of fruits, veggies, nut trees, etc. :cool:

I'm enjoying a slow morning with the kittens... er, I mean my 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee!' Here they are, hard at work as we listen to a windup music box... actually, a 'music bell' from Western Germany (says that on the bottom, lol), it has been in our family for over half a century, and it plays "Silent Night" in beautiful tinkling sounds. I took a picture or two of the bell, I can remember hearing it clear back in the '60s when I was a youngster... :)

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

Z-Girl & Black Diamond may be sleeping on the job, but Zorlac has his eye on me... making sure I don't press the wrong keys on my laptop, lol. Meh, SOMEBODY has to do it, might as well be Zorlac! Every time I see him, I'm reminded of the classic Zorlac line from skateboarding days: "SHUT UP & SKATE!!!" Now, back to the Christmas tunes, lol... ;)

Last edited:
Dunno why little Black Diamond's tail is so fluffy, at times she reminds me of a little skunk! All the kittens are litter mates, so who knows? Some sort of genetic anomaly, lol. Here's the blasted bushy-tailed varmint now! 😒

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

Sink patrol! And bar time! ;)

"HEY, WHAT DO I GOTTA DO TO GET SOME SERVICE IN THIS JOINT?" 😫

"YOU! BARTENDER! GIMME A WATERMELON DAIQUIRI! BLENDED! PRONTO! CHOP CHOP!!!" 😳

Can't omit these pics, otherwise Z-Girl & Zorlac will feel left out... excluded... shunned by society! [sob!] 😢

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

Such handsome tigers! And lazy b@stards too, lol... but that's okay, they're growing boys & girls! And they make good bed warmers at night! I stuff 'em beneath the covers for added warmth! Lol. 🙂

Hey, you've all heard of 007, right? And the character 'M' in those Bond movies? Well, this is the lesser-known 'TRIPLE M!' My Metal Mulisha Microwave, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not to be confused with 3M, the huge corporation! 😒

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

I actually took these pics for the riders at the Kawasaki site, but meh, I'll toss 'em up here too! Can't remember if I posted 'em here yet! Why do I have a large Metal Mulisha sticker on my microwave, you ask? BECAUSE I CAN, LOL. 🤣

P.S. Sticker is thrashed from my last move! Adds character! Gotta straighten out the Mexican blanket and other stuff in the living room, those blasted kittens tore through there like a twister a while back, and everything is awry! o_O

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back