Training logs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Training Log: I am in the middle of a move so it was harder this week:

This week I ran 3 times (slow but it was HOT!) and pumped Iron once.

It's Thursday nite and that will likely be "it" for the week since the next 3 days are lots of driving repacking etc., so I knew I had to use every day while I was still in my apt with access to the routes I am used to and the Gym.

My Iron pump frequency is lowered from 3 times a week to once or twice due to some inflammation in my elbow.

Bluez do you listen to music when you work out? If so what kind do you like?

I just now noticed this thread - and wondered what he could possibly mean by the title. "Training logs"? By what process does one train a log?

[I know, that's lame. But I'm serious here.]

TThil sometimes, your as corny as I am . But so was Red Skelton .:thumbs::Thankyou:

Anyway join us in this little exercise thing.

Today I did my back and neck exercises and walked around alot. Also posture theropy.

Bluez do you listen to music when you work out? If so what kind do you like?

When I run I don't have headphones for security and situational awareness issues... though the right music would make it easier ( I ejnjoy Russian Dance +Techno music)

This week has been very weak for exercise... living out of a hotel for job travel.

When I run I don't have headphones for security and situational awareness issues... though the right music would make it easier ( I ejnjoy Russian Dance +Techno music)

This week has been very weak for exercise... living out of a hotel for job travel.

Maybe the Russian dance music but can't get a handle on the tech music :lil guy:.
Either way watch your back running.good luck with your program.:great:

This is what I had for my original start out but I don't think I posted it, if I did, sorry.
10 sit ups (not happening yet)
5 push ups (i'm working on it)
20 squats (maybe, but had to watch a video)
10 lunges (getting this)
jumping jacks (wow)
15 second plank, but how many reps I know not
crunches, maybe 15
25 second wall sit, haven't done this yet
10 butt kicks

I think strength training is just as important, but what do I know?
Of course I'm supposed to be progressing, but i added in a different warm up set, stretches, yoga poses. I wish the dog would get out of my face.
My daughters are like gymnasts.

When I'm on my phone I can't see what BlueZ has as his signature but on my laptop it clearly states:
"Every day Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?"

This is what I had for my original start out but I don't think I posted it, if I did, sorry.
10 sit ups (not happening yet)
5 push ups (i'm working on it)
20 squats (maybe, but had to watch a video)
10 lunges (getting this)
jumping jacks (wow)
15 second plank, but how many reps I know not
crunches, maybe 15
25 second wall sit, haven't done this yet
10 butt kicks

I think strength training is just as important, but what do I know?
Of course I'm supposed to be progressing, but i added in a different warm up set, stretches, yoga poses. I wish the dog would get out of my face.
My daughters are like gymnasts.

When I'm on my phone I can't see what BlueZ has as his signature but on my laptop it clearly states:
"Every day Men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?"

Patch sounds like your getting it done. :great:

Weights moving up. Squats and deads doing very well. I'm getting used to a double overhand hook grip on my deads. Still getting my bicycle miles.

You too musket, I'm behind y'all.:great:

This week Monday - Wednesday, from the time I get home from work to dark. Work on build a block retaining wall. Carry two blocks at 17 pounds each fifty feet and repeat. I figure to date I've hand carry 3 tons of blocks and walked almost 2 miles.

Think I'll join a gym so I can relax?

This week Monday - Wednesday, from the time I get home from work to dark. Work on build a block retaining wall. Carry two blocks at 17 pounds each fifty feet and repeat. I figure to date I've hand carry 3 tons of blocks and walked almost 2 miles.

Think I'll join a gym so I can relax?
:D

the month of September was very weak for me due to new job.
Turned it ariund this week though..
2 runs
1 swim
2 full body resistance training.

Tomorrow morning I will hit the hotel gym just before I check out of the hotel and hop on my flight to get head start for the week.

Had Physical Therapy this morning.
Started new exercises for balance.
Walking most days 5000 steps or more.
For some reason today couldn't get my stuff together and walk.
Did weight( hand weights) instead.
Will walk at 0730 hours tomorrow for 30 minutes or more.
Will do yoga stretching,balance exercises for left knee improvement.
Tentative date right knee total replacement is 15 January 2019.
Hopefully left leg will be stronger, more muscle .

Oh, by the way!
I found something I thought I had lost forever.
Other people told me I had curvy hourglass shape.
But today I found it.
It was hiding under my baggy T-shirts, baggy pants.
I am now in size 12- 14 womens clothes.
Still working on stomach area, rebuilding left leg.
Wore sweat pants today that weren't baggy, but not tight either.
My legs and rear have tight shape.
Actually have curvy hourglass shape every where else.
No muffin tops on sides, just a little paunch stomach area, but even that is shrinking some slowly.
So there is always hope.
Who would have thought at 60 years old, I would be in better shape now than I was in 30"s, 40's, 50's.
Soon to be 61 years old feeling great.

@The Lazy L thank you for your perspective!
Hiked five miles today, lots of rocks, steep hills, jumping, yay me no injuries. Wore out the dog and two beautiful daughters. If it'd been flat walking it wouldn't have been as much fun or strenuous. Almost ran over (in the vehicle) tarantulas, twice. (Please see photo in the post a photo, a real photo thread).

New twist on chair yoga today.
Sit in chair to bend left knee 115 degrees
grand daughter and Strawberry both think they should be on my lap.
Sit on floor so they don't injure me, nope neither one wants to sit on my lap.
Did chair presses for the first time today 15 reps each time.
Son took Granny's Girls( grand daughter and dog) outside so I could exercise.
Did yoga stretches on floor along with Granny's Girls stretching right beside me.
Didn't walk as far today, but will tomorrow and the weekend.
Walked 2607 steps, little over mile, but burned 132.5 Kcalories.

This week was another weak week for me.. But at least I did just now my 2nd full body iro pump for the week.
They were both pretty intense.... so I feel with a little luck I did enough not to have lost shape this week.

Didn't do anything on Monday since I had hit it HARD on Sunday.

Today ( Tuesday):
3 sets of latpulls (heavy)
3 sets of seated leg press ( very heavy, in lieu of squats which I just did Sunday)
2 sets free standing military dumbbell press
2 (or 3 not sure) sets incline dumbbell press
2 sets frontal raises ( for "Gun control")
2 sets lateral raises ( mobility on the ground when changing positions and for holding Carbine in weird positions)
3 sets weird rotating shoulder exercise I do not know he name of.
2 sets back extensions.

Planned for Wed and Thur a run each.. Friday another total body iron pump like this... Saturday have a Carbine day laid on, which is like a light Cardio day.

Finished my first Friday fun day. 30 mins. on stepmill w a pack, full body trx workout. Weighted farmers carries with a backpack then pulling a sled. Power wheel core and chest wok finished off with odd pullups in Ninja warrior room. Later rode my bike to the lodge for some Angry Orchard, that sure hit the spot.:p

Latest posts

Back