Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow looks like everyone is getting rained on. Some of you might have some webbed feet by now! 🦆
Ya think?
Ever seen our State Bird? :D
brown-pelican-louisiana-state-bird-600w-792828265.jpg

Ya think?
Ever seen our State Bird? :D
brown-pelican-louisiana-state-bird-600w-792828265.jpg
You made me look up our state birds: Oregon (where I lived until about 3 years ago) meadowlark. I like meadowlarks - they have a happy song.
Washington: gold finch - a cute bird but I think most finch are messy (though also a nice sound.) Both have itty tiny feet

Rain here too, though not heavy or even steady. Just enough to keep things wet in between passing clouds. More depressing than anything else

Texas state bird.... The Mockingbird🤪!! Hot windy weekend ahead!!
Off topic: We got lots of bugs down here and the mockingbirds are everywhere! :oops:
I go out after midnight and they are singing their heads off. Speaking of, their brain, smaller than the end of your pinky-finger contains more than 140 songs they have heard and will repeat... including a car alarm!gaah

Off topic: We got lots of bugs down here and the mockingbirds are everywhere! :oops:
I go out after midnight and they are singing their heads off. Speaking of, their brain, smaller than the end of your pinky-finger contains more than 140 songs they have heard and will repeat... including a car alarm!gaah
We have had the windows open for several nights, the mocking birds Yap all night. A lot of whippoorwill mocking going on lately at night!

It's raining here too, we needed it. Thunderstorms rolling through but the hail just barely missed us. Driving back from my parents' was a trial, there was a lot of street flooding.

Well, this is off topic because it is not in our area.
The first 'spinny-thing' of the year...
Say hello to Agatha!!! :woo hoo:
EP01%20Forecast%20Cone.png

No, it ain't gonna do nuthin' in the Gulf because we ain't done warmin' it up yet :rolleyes: .
It's gonna make a mess for some Mexicans though. :confused:

Still could use rain, we get a light sprinkle once in a while but that doesn't really do anything. 😕

I wish it would only be 65 today... no rain yesterday, the 40% chance didn't pan out. Warm today, and I'm somewhat hung over, so I'm gonna take it easy. Just watered the plants, gotta keep those happy... the five weed seedlings are starting to get bushy, lol. I think that corner of the lot may have already seen some soil amendment by former residents. Not as many rocks there either, other parts of the yard are heller rocky and it's tough to dig through all those rocks. :oops:

A little bit of rain today, not measurable☹! Cooler☹! It's all up, up, up from here, temps that is!! I'm ready!!
Us too! Only .11".
It was pouring while the sun was shining so I knew something had to be up there...
Yep! :thumbs:
IMG_20220605_192239_kindlephoto-15312871111.jpg

I couldn't get far enough away without getting soaked.:confused:

Summer started in Florida about 4 weeks ago. :D

Latest posts

Back