Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came in from the pool float to get some cold beer and IT'S 100°!! ♥😃🤪
OMG! Are you sending that stuff to us?
It ain't even July yet! gaah
All I see is 96° forecast for us Friday.
Do I need to break out my thongs?:oops:
panic-gif.76331

Last edited:
Dontcha just hate that auto correct????

Here.......the clouds have parted, beautiful clear sunny skies. Woohoo.

I just hope it doesn't do like last year, that went from 50/60's & rain to triple digits in the matter of 7 to 10 days, then not rain for the next 3+ monthsgaah

It's COLD.
REALLY COLD.
I'm sitting here in thermals inc socks, Uggs, sweats, a old wool overcoat I found in a trunk and a beanie.

The trouble is when I get a temp spike the top layers, the beanie and uggs have to come off or sweat just rolls down my face.
On off on off......I'm going to catch the flu if I keep this up.

It actually RAINED last night! We needed it badly too, I don't think it rained at all for at least two months... but we got a pretty good soaking last night, and one poor ol' neighbor gal got an unexpected surprise. A violent gust of wind associated with the thunderstorm knocked down the metal awning to her front porch area. A son (?) of hers showed up during a lull to clear the wreckage until it can be rebuilt... I walked over to ask if he needed help to clear the mess before the storm returned for real, but he told me he didn't have any insurance? Is this actually a thing? I was merely trying to be a good neighbor, not asking for money or anything, and I certainly don't think I look like some tweakin' crackerhead, but it sounded like he was afraid I'd feign an injury and sue, or some such stupid act. He and the old gal were polite about it, the gal seemed truly thankful, but I guess this is what it has come to nowadays: folks can't trust other folks, even when they're all a bunch of rednecks, lol. Meh, at least I offered, and I would've been perfectly willing to help clear the wreckage on a purely voluntary basis... had my gloves and boots and everything, but I reckon times have changed. For the worse, when a guy can't help his elderly neighbor gal after a calamity in a storm... maybe the guy thought I was looking to get paid or whatever. :confused:

I've got 105 over here.
We won't be able to race y'all 'dead-heat' (pun) until July/August, but we ain't no slackers :).
@Pearl is that a chess pawn laying on the 108 screen? :dunno:

Hot here, we're in triple digits as well, but I see some clouds stacking up to the southeast, maybe we'll luck out and get some rain. That rain we had the other day (and night) barely made a dent in the drought conditions, though it poured down for a while. I've been watering the trees quite often here, just trying to keep 'em going until the monsoon arrives. Hopefully we HAVE a monsoon this year, I read somewhere that a cloud-seeding program has been approved. As far as I'm concerned, Noah's Flood would be perfectly welcome here... end the drought once and for all, lol. :oops:

Back