Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been married 39 years today & am going out for SIL birthday tonight for Teppanyaki.
It is 57F & wet, but rain has stopped.

Thunderstorms this morning that have mostly cleared up. Sky was bright and sunny until a few moments ago. Little bit of cloud coverage now. The thunder was so loud that the dog came running to me for protection. She was shivering in terror. I wrapped her in a blanket and held her close to me & petted her until she stopped shaking. Thunder and rain put me to sleep so I fell asleep with my arms around the dog. Woke up and she'd moved away, the rain had stopped, and a cat had climbed into her spot to cuddle me.

Windy here, but PRIMO SPRING WEATHER, lol... gonna hafta do my bong hit in the mud room, no way I'll be able to light the bowl in this howlin' wind, lol. It's like that sometimes: I'll say I'm gonna do a bong hit, and an entire friggin' WEEK will pass before I actually get around to it, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! But that BUSTHEAD CIDER is making me feel pretty GOOD, I'm ready to take on Tyson and knock him outta the ring, LOL. Well, maybe not outta the ring, but I'm gonna put the hurt on him, lol... he'll be "meth'd up" before I'm done, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dang, sometimes I slay myself... but I still like MIKEY, at least he does a JOB OF WORK when he gets down to it, lol. Anyway, it's gorgeous sunny weather here at the ol' hacienda, the wind is howlin' but that glorious high desert sun is SHINING, and it is AWESOME!!! :cool:

P.S. Apropos of nothing, I just realized that my Internet & TV provider (TDS) has the same initials as friggin' Libtard TDS (i.e. Trump Derangement Syndrome), BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Funny how I didn't notice that before... but then, I don't SUFFER from TDS like some woketard idiot, lol. One of the TDS service trucks just drove past my home, I guess the technician is looking to install equipment & initiate service at a neighbor's home. Meh, I'm gonna add a pic of the TDS logo just to p!$$ off libtards & woketards, lol. Like Marty Feldman in 'YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN': "BLUCHER!!!" 🤣

IMG_8847.JPG

Here's a clip with Marty in it, lol... "TDS!!!" :eek:

"BLUCHER!!!"

Last edited:
Barely got down to freezing last night and this morning we have a nice little snow storm coming down. going to be back up into the 60's by sunday. At least the permafrost is starting to melt. Now for the spring cleanup.

Hey Wingnut you need a red hat that says Triumph on it. They make them for the Triumph motorcycle brand. Storys out there about libs getting bent out of shape thinking the hats are Trumph hats.

Looks like we may have turned the corner. It will be warm all week, although, we are supposed to get rain today. I actually got an very unexpected sunburn playing golf Tuesday.

Haha, MontanaBill, I hear ya about the libtards... I have an old Norton T-shirt that has seen better days, but I still wear it proudly on trips to town, lol. Thankfully it doesn't seem to trigger idiot libtards, though that 'Made In England' line is clearly RACIST, lol. :oops:

IMG_8868.JPG

Every now and then some fellow motorcyclist will give the shirt a thumbs up, lol. My eldest brother (now deceased) had a nice British bike collection in England, where he lived with his wife & family for decades. He had Triumph, Norton, and BSA bikes, he even had an old Vincent which must have been worth a small fortune in recent years. :cool:

Windy here again, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do today, haven't thought about it yet. Might go riding tomorrow if the wind dies down... I don't like riding when it's windy, those twisties in the mountains are tight enough without factoring in wind gusts. Gonna make meatloaf for sandwiches today, so I'll have one for lunch on the trail tomorrow, lol... :D

It's been a yo-yo here in Nebraska. We had high 80 degree temps at the end of last week, had several bouts of rain, a couple thunderstorms and we are setting at mid 40s today, which would be alright if the wind wasn't blowing 25 mph today. I need to get work done on the garden beds, but the weather has just not been cooperating thus far. I'm hoping for a reprieve this weekend, but I've also got an eight hour round trip to go down to the homestead to retrieve the tractor so I can tune it up and put a loader on it that I bought... If only I didn't have to work for other people, I could get a heck of a lot done in a day!!

Nasty today, nearly a dust storm, long view it would obviously show dirt and dust in the air, sky was a murky gray. Those with lung and breathing problems would not have done well. Very windy. Pleasant temps, high 70s.
It was murky when the cold front came through!! Gritty! Dallas got slammed pretty good with storms! Maybe we will get some rain early next week! Or, maybe Pearl won't have to mow for a while!;😉 I still feel like my nose and eyes are full of grit!;😮👃👀

80's here today and Thursday........AND....... will ship Thursday's t-storms your way!!😉⚡🌪️☔
I seen what you're sending us. :(
Looks pretty wicked👹:
SevThursChan20Apr9a.jpg

Latest posts

Back