Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week's forecast
20190212_162255.jpg

I want to give you guys a look at the weather for my area for the week. Its from a site called usairnet.com
They use your longitude and latitude and I think they get their info from the NWS
As you can see I'll have ONE sunny day this coming week. All the rest are cloudy or filled with precipitation of some type.
Just gonna be a good week to stay inside

Today... A chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Tonight... Freezing rain before 4am, then a chance of rain. Low around 32. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
Washington's Birthday... A chance of rain and snow showers, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 6 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night... Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
Tuesday... Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
Tuesday Night... Snow likely after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Wednesday... Snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet. High near 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Wednesday Night... Freezing rain and sleet likely before 1am, then rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Thursday... A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday Night... A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday... Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
Friday Night... A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Saturday... Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

25*
Cloudy
Feels like 21*
Wind 3 mph NNW
10 mile visibility
18* Dew point
Winter Weather Advisory issued@3:29 18 Feb through 0900 hours 20 Feb. 2019
Snow accumulations could be up to 6 inches.
Look for Freezing drizzle too.
Ice accumulations up to 1/10th of inch.
Where Portions of East Central and Northwest Kansas.
And Central, North Central and West Central Missouri
Fore cast for the next several days:
Tuesday: High 31* Low 17* 90% snow
Wednesday: High 37* Low 25* 100% rain
Thursday: High 40* Low 19* Fog
Friday: High 44* Low 25* Partly cloudy 20% rain
Saturday: High 44* Low 32* 70% rain
Sunday: High 36* Low 26* 50% chance of snow and rain
Monday: High 36* Low 23* Partly cloudy
Tuesday: High 40* Low 30* 30% Rain showers
Wednesday: High 33* Low 17* 30% Rain showers
Information is gathered by NWS Kansas City.
Lovely weather we're having.

Today is the day to go anywhere which is why I'm heading to the dollar tree store for gardening supplies ( lol)
Snow isn't a problem but ice is a PIA. We have pine tree limbs down that are thicker than my arm . And the last ice storm power was out in the lower half of the Valley

Event: Winter Storm Warning
Alert:
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 5 to 8 inches and ice accumulations of one
tenth to two tenths of an inch expected.
* WHEN...From 1 AM Wednesday to 1 AM EST Thursday.

Today is the day to go anywhere which is why I'm heading to the dollar tree store for gardening supplies ( lol)
Snow isn't a problem but ice is a PIA. We have pine tree limbs down that are thicker than my arm . And the last ice storm power was out in the lower half of the Valley

Event: Winter Storm Warning
Alert:
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST
THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 5 to 8 inches and ice accumulations of one
tenth to two tenths of an inch expected.
* WHEN...From 1 AM Wednesday to 1 AM EST Thursday.
That was us last week

38 oc here today hot hot and for something a bit different hot with no rain and in drought.

Tomorrow we are expecting a bit more of the same with the temperatures expected to be 21 oc minimum and another 38 oc maximum temperature.
Tease. I'm freezing!!

snow storm. 1" and hour right now. Everything is closed ( schools, courthouses,clinics,state offices,etc). Hubby stayed home because if he went into work it would've been bad coming home today.
We still have to get to the sleet and freezing rain later this afternoon
And of course there are people on the interstate having accidents all over the place. I don't understand people who think they can drive in a snow storm. Alerts of accidents popping up on my twitter account left and right

snow storm. 1" and hour right now. Everything is closed ( schools, courthouses,clinics,state offices,etc). Hubby stayed home because if he went into work it would've been bad coming home today.
We still have to get to the sleet and freezing rain later this afternoon
And of course there are people on the interstate having accidents all over the place. I don't understand people who think they can drive in a snow storm. Alerts of accidents popping up on my twitter account left and right

In northern New England the Interstate is shared by people who understand driving in snow, and people who don't. The people who understand driving in snow mostly also understand that the ignorant drivers rule the day; they will do down and take the knowledgeable with them. My solution: If snow starts accumulating on the Interstate, I get off it. Them thar folks ain't taking me down with them.

We're gearing up for a major snowstorm tomorrow- forecasting 24 - 31 inches for my community! Hiwall, looks like your neck of the woods will be getting it, too!

Just got the alerts for our mtn place. Up to 20in of snow with well below normal temps.

We're gearing up for a major snowstorm tomorrow- forecasting 24 - 31 inches for my community! Hiwall, looks like your neck of the woods will be getting it, too!
As I type this it is just starting to snow a little. Maybe a foot or so expected here. We Really need the moisture.

Bright sunny day here right now.
34* supposed to get 43*
Clear
0 wind but when does blow it's out of the North.
Feels like 34*
We're having a heat wave for the next 3 days.
Then we plunge back into the 30's or lower.
Looks like we got rain coming our way starting Friday, but it beats, snow, ice and sleet.
Won't have snow for casted again until Sunday.
But I'm good with that.

sunny with clouds and a frosty 27 degrees..better than last night at work. It dropped to 0 around 2300 then -5 quitting time.
my area is scheduled to start snowing Friday night 1-3 inches, easing up Saturday a tad and then between Sat night -Tuesday 2- 3 feet expected. travel expected to be extreamly difficult to impossible ..Yea! :)

Latest posts

Back