Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunny & windy... still bone dry too, so I had an extra-long watering session this morning. One desert plant is blooming like nobody's business... between the various wildflowers and the 4 hummer feeders which I just replenished, about a dozen hummingbirds are going off in the yard, lol. Here are some shots taken this morning, when the temp was still nice and cool. It's warmer now, but the wind is keeping the temp lower than it would be without any breeze... :rolleyes:

IMG_9145.JPG

IMG_9146.JPG

IMG_9148.JPG

IMG_9149.JPG

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9150.JPG

One day, my home will be painted white with forest green skirting & trim... that day hasn't arrived yet, lol. You can see bare dirt areas in my yard, due to the ongoing drought, but that's okay, my focus is upon keeping trees alive and tending to my garden (not seen in these photos, will take pics later). Good news: ever since I padded the sharp corners of my BBQ with electrical tape, the new thicker BBQ cover has been holding up well against high winds. :cool:

Hottest it's ever been is 92-93°! Hubby won't get in it until it's at least 86°! When I am in it in March it's in the 60's❄️ 80° today in the water, first actual swim. No matter how warm the water gets, when it's 100-114°, it's cooler than the air! And that HOT burning sun is so great! I don't understand me either!!😉

We get mid 90's tomorrow and Saturday!! I'm cooking you up some thunderstorms right now! 😉🤠
We got yer pesky thunderstorms early this morning.
You must have sent them U.S. Mail, bulk-rate.
There was no sleeping after 4am, from the continuous loud thunderbooms. (This is bad for someone that doesn't go to bed until 1am) :(

We got yer pesky thunderstorms early this morning.
You must have sent them U.S. Mail, bulk-rate.
There was no sleeping after 4am, from the continuous loud thunderbooms. (This is bad for someone that doesn't go to bed until 1am) :(
Making some more today! That was the "mild" batch yesterday, today's will be "extra spicy"!! I personally didn't get to try yesterday's, hoping just to pass them along again today!!

Making some more today! That was the "mild" batch yesterday, today's will be "extra spicy"!! I personally didn't get to try yesterday's, hoping just to pass them along again today!!
We like "extra spicy" :).
You just don't need to include a free side-order of "extra-wind".:(

West of Ft Worth, the radar is looking pretty Harry, severe thunderstorm warning, possible 70 mph winds, flash flooding and large hail possible.

If it hits us, guess it'll be start over for the garden....
Glad to see you posting! There are a lot of us here! I see you are an original from 2017!😃

.....Annnnnd....the update! Strong storms knocking on my door! Not supposed to be severe, but heavy rain, lots of lightning, small hail, 40-50mph winds! Since they are not severe, I will take Bear out for the final pee, and feed the outside cats one more time, then I am going to bed!!🛌💃(there is no emoji for peeing)😉

.....Annnnnd....the update! Strong storms knocking on my door! Not supposed to be severe, but heavy rain, lots of lightning, small hail, 40-50mph winds! Since they are not severe, I will take Bear out for the final pee, and feed the outside cats one more time, then I am going to bed!!🛌💃(there is no emoji for peeing)😉
Well poo, the storm that is almost here just went severe! Hey, that rhymes!!

Latest posts

Back