What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to drink Monster beverages, maybe one a day. I liked them, but sometimes I just stop doing something, like drinking these. I think it is more about the unknown chemicals in them, as in many beverages in cans and bottles.

I would love to have this energy naturally, but there’s a reason why we don’t, I’m sure.

I know these things are probably damaging my heart the most. They cause a constant small to moderate increase in heart rate. If Isip on one, I don’t get tired, which causes me to sleep less & work more, which is in fact my case, causing a quicker deterioration of my organs.

I’m not on the road to having a long life, that’s for sure. Oh well, is what I say. I’m going to continue to live each moment to it fullest potential trusting everything is going to work out fine. Kind of...

I'm a water guy. I have to take a couple meds now that I'm older. I believe that drinking lots of water helps my body better. We have a well at our home and really good water.
Except now I have to quit drinking much water in the evening. A cold MGD or a slug of whiskey is always good.
At the cabin its roof water sometimes but that can taste a bit smokey. I have put up a tarp n stretched it out to catch water in a tote. Can get 20 gallons pretty quick in a storm.. We filter water from the pond or creek also. It is stained with tannins so it has a light yellow tink but tastes great.
I also keep a jug of whiskey on the deck at the cabin. A little nip when out on one of those evening walks because I drank too much water.

Last edited:
9FC3BB07-74EE-4510-A880-FE4681E72857.jpeg
Tarp stretched out to provide a dry area and catch water. I put this up then put a new clean big tote under where it comes off to catch water. The totes work good because I can slide one out n put a lid on it to keep clean. And replace with an empty one.
In this picture there is some other containers catching water also.
Now if I could only get the sandpoint well inside the cabin finished I would just use that.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and she was telling me about a non-alcoholic gin. I had never heard of it. While I am not a gin drinker, my wife is. Has anyone else ever heard of this or tried it?

I'm drinking gallons of sun tea.
I made 2 batches of lemonade that were very good. I peeled the lemons then covered the peels with a cup of sugar and let them sit for a couple of hours to draw out the oils in the peels. Then added 4 cups of boiling water and stir to dissolve the sugar. Strain the peels out and add a cup of ice. Then add a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and refrigerate. It was very good. Not too sweet or tangy.

non-alcoholic gin
I've never heard of that. I am not a gin drinker tho.

I visited family in Las Vegas. It was my first time meeting them. Apparently my Aunt likes to drink with friends & family. One night they opened a bottle of $200 whisky. I’m not much of a drinker. If good whisky is like drinking liquid wood, than it was really good. I could barely sip on it 😂
View attachment 69002

WOW!!! :clapping: I'm sorry you didn't like it. Blue Label is really high end stuff. The price of a bottle is well North of $200.00. Probably in the $250 - $275 range, and if you could find it in a bar it would be around $50.00 a shot. Way out of my range. I love Scotch, but I don't think my pallet could tell to difference between a $50.00 bottle and a $250.00 bottle.

😁👍👍 @Morgan101

I could tell the quality was above any liquor I've ever tried.
I didn't know the shot value was that high, wow!
My stomach just don't like liquor, fried grease or extra hot stuff. It's gotten too painful for me to enjoy.

I'm home now & drinking this vanilla espresso with 2 extra shots of espresso I made with the resident coffee machine.
IMG_7420.jpg

Avocado leaf tea. We have a tree right outside (no fruit, though) and I thought about what the benefits could be.
Last year, I tried papaya leaf tea when I had malaria and it did help.

Some of the supposed health benefits of avocado leaf tea are:
  1. Cleansing the kidneys
  2. Help with hypertension
  3. Antibacterial effects
  4. Help reduce asthma attacks
  5. Help with headaches
  6. It's a diuretic
  7. And more!

I just got 3 leaves, cleaned them and made an infusion. Not as bitter as I thought. In fact, I can't smell or taste it. But I can taste the bit of sugar I added. I'll try again without sugar next time.

Avocado leaf tea. We have a tree right outside (no fruit, though) and I thought about what the benefits could be.
Last year, I tried papaya leaf tea when I had malaria and it did help.

Some of the supposed health benefits of avocado leaf tea are:
  1. Cleansing the kidneys
  2. Help with hypertension
  3. Antibacterial effects
  4. Help reduce asthma attacks
  5. Help with headaches
  6. It's a diuretic
  7. And more!

I just got 3 leaves, cleaned them and made an infusion. Not as bitter as I thought. In fact, I can't smell or taste it. But I can taste the bit of sugar I added. I'll try again without sugar next time.
I have a few avocado plants that I got from planting avocado pits in soil. I didn't know you could make tea with the leaves.

I have a few avocado plants that I got from planting avocado pits in soil. I didn't know you could make tea with the leaves.
Apparently, yes.

Something interesting that I've seen is the color of the tea. Different types of avocado trees will make a different color. The tea I made is a deep red. But there's also green.

Latest posts

Back