What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crispy Italian Chicken with Zuccini and Garlic Cous Cous

20200623_122938.jpg

I'm cooking a simple dinner. Weight Watchers Shepard's Pie. This is not like the indulgent stuff that I love (think lamb and gravy and browned pastry topping!) This is a "healthy version". But it's reasonable decent for what it is if you're not a picky eater (needs fresh ground salt and pepper, which I add at the end). A simple complete meal. I don't bother obsessing with the amount of each ingredient. I use a pound of hamburger (because that's the way it usually comes), and "enough" of all the other stuff. I throw the chopped onion in with the raw hamburger and brown that all together, so the onion comes out more done.

WW_Shep_Pie.png

I bought a rotisserie chicken this morning so we'll be having that and I'm hungry for stuffing and steamed broccoli to go with it

Last night I fried up another catfish fillet, had fresh corn and salad fixin's from the garden.

Tonight I made spaghetti for mom and dad. I made the meat sauce from scratch using a mix of ground pork and ground beef that was on sale at the market... I think I've discovered the secret to a good meat sauce. It was more than yummy! The pork gave the sauce all sorts of flavor.

Last night I fried up another catfish fillet, had fresh corn and salad fixin's from the garden.

Tonight I made spaghetti for mom and dad. I made the meat sauce from scratch using a mix of ground pork and ground beef that was on sale at the market... I think I've discovered the secret to a good meat sauce. It was more than yummy! The pork gave the sauce all sorts of flavor.

Peanut how is your dad now? Hope he is doing ok.

Back