What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gas prices today.jpg

Looks like it's going up about a penny per day. $3.20-3.25 yesterday noon. Maybe the trolleys are coming back; that won't get me to the supermarket though.

Back in the day, there were trolley/RR rails between Springfield VT village square and Charlestown NH, using the toll bridge across the Connecticut River. They connected to the Boston & Maine railroad in Charlestown. Their main purpose was for shipping heavy machinery from the Springfield machine tool plants to the RR, but the trolley did enough business to survive. So - no gasoline required.

... The bridge is still there . . .
:ghostly:

The Shell stock I own bumped up the dividend that they pay me, a bunch.
So, at least some of all that money people are paying is going to a good cause. :rolleyes:
Motto: "If you can't beat'em, own'em".

I was out this morning with my son, and gas was $3.09. That is the first time I can remember it being over $3.00 a gallon here. I know our situation is better than most, but you wonder how far this will go? IMHO it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.

I was out this morning with my son, and gas was $3.09. That is the first time I can remember it being over $3.00 a gallon here. I know our situation is better than most, but you wonder how far this will go? IMHO it will get a lot worse before it gets any better.
If you think of the green new deal and want everything to go electric you need to get gasoline up to $4.71/gallon (at $0.14/kw-hr, 1 Gasoline Equivalent (GGE) = 33.694Kw-hr), but if you think AOC type green new deal where everything is using renewables like solar, the true price would need to be about $11.10 per gallon..... Now, don't get all peeved at me, I'm just answering a question none of us really wanted to know the answer to.....

If you think of the green new deal and want everything to go electric you need to get gasoline up to $4.71/gallon (at $0.14/kw-hr, 1 Gasoline Equivalent (GGE) = 33.694Kw-hr), but if you think AOC type green new deal where everything is using renewables like solar, the true price would need to be about $11.10 per gallon..... Now, don't get all peeved at me, I'm just answering a question none of us really wanted to know the answer to.....
Psssst

Your (engineering) slip is showing.

;)

Ben

Psssst

Your (engineering) slip is showing.

;)

Ben
The only question I want the answer to is 'What's for supper?'

I filled up last week for $4.09 a gallon at Arco. Today I filled up at the same Arco for $4.15 a gallon. This is not the norm here in Cali. I will see what the price is when we go to my folks' this weekend. I am sure it is close to if not over $5 a gallon.

Latest posts

Back