What are your pet peeves?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jehovah's Witnesses door-to-door visitors. They have got to be the most obnoxious people on earth. And the Mormons have started following suit.
I miss those guys.
I always run my chainsaw every 6 months to keep the gas from setting up in the carb.
But I could never remember when to do it.
So when the JWs would show up, I'd say: "Hold on a minute".
Then I'd go out in the garage and run the saw a bit.
When I came back they would be gone:(.
They don't come around no more:cry:.

I have noticed the loudest people in the room are rarely interesting. I wouldn't mind if they were at least interesting. Anymore we just tell the waitress we are moving and I don't even concern myself with the look from the other patron. Life is just too short.

When we are eating out, and the couple in the booth behind us wants everybody in the place to hear everything they say.

Why do I always get that big mouth in the next booth over?

I just want to sit and have a nice quiet meal.
gaah

Jim

Same with "Adults" on cell phones. Have you tried echoing back to them everything they say? They give you a rude look back and usually leave. :D

Jehovah's Witnesses door-to-door visitors. They have got to be the most obnoxious people on earth. And the Mormons have started following suit.

I will add to this any door to door solicitor. I used to use my sharp wit to mess with them, now I just open the door and say "Go away" in my most 'I am willing to go to jail over this' voice.

Democrats, pretty much all of them, and more & more peeved as time passes.

I will add to this any door to door solicitor. I used to use my sharp wit to mess with them, now I just open the door and say "Go away" in my most 'I am willing to go to jail over this' voice.
I don't even answer the door. I have a sign on my door that says, "I didn't know you were coming? I am not answering the door."

My daughter rang a doorbell when selling girl scout cookies many years ago. I was with her. The people spoke through a remote device. (What is it called? Long before Ring--intercom?) We never saw them. I am sure they saw us. Camera and speaker.

I think this would be a great preparedness item. Ring is close so people can cover it. Having a camera and a speaker that people cannot cover or even necessarily see until it has captured them would give all of us an advantage over unwanted visitors.

Last edited:
I think this would be a great preparedness item. Ring is close so people can cover it. Having a camera and a speaker that people cannot cover or even necessarily see until it has captured them would give all of us an advantage over unwanted visitors.
All that is a bit overkill.
What people don't realize is, I am doing them a huge favor by not opening the door.
With the JW and chainsaw, I only had to clean pee off of the porch twice:).

Well, you just covered about 90% of the population.......
And they are multiplying!
Periodically I force myself to watch CNN just so I can understand where they are coming from.
Today's lead story:
Donald Trump burns down Amazon Rain-forests!
That's right, it's all because of him!
Naturally I was intrigued:dunno:.
I watched the segment.
They wove the story, tying things together, it made perfect sense.
Had me convinced.
Yep, that b@stard! How could he!
And the rain-forest is the only thing keeping us from certain death from global climate change from CO2 pollution:cry:.
We're all gonna die because of him!
panic.gif

How they did this...... to be revealed in a later post:D.

Last edited:
And they are multiplying!
Periodically I force myself to watch CNN just so I can understand where they are coming from.
Today's lead story:
Donald Trump burns down Amazon Rain-forests!
That's right, it's all because of him!
Naturally I was intrigued:dunno:.
I watched the segment.
They wove the story, tying things together, it made perfect sense.
Had me convinced.
Yep, that b@stard! How could he!
And the rain-forest is the only thing keeping us from certain death from global climate change from CO2 pollution:cry:.
We're all gonna die because of him!View attachment 23479
How they did this...... to be revealed in a later post:D.

I posted about this in News of The Day. Sad.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/the-media-just-found-the-amazon-is-burning.6353/

Last edited:
When we are eating out, and the couple in the booth behind us wants everybody in the place to hear everything they say.

Why do I always get that big mouth in the next booth over?

I just want to sit and have a nice quiet meal.
gaah

Jim
@Cascadian and @The Lazy L you guys are good. I need to remember these things. I have been tempted before to say a little loudly, "What? I can't hear you because the people behind us are talking so loud."

@Cascadian and @The Lazy L you guys are good. I need to remember these things. I have been tempted before to say a little loudly, "What? I can't hear you because the people behind us are talking so loud."

I am bad about talking loudly and maybe a little rude when folks are just being way too loud in a resturant or store. I'll always point out how rude they are to disrupt everyone else around them. Sometimes I'll even get others commenting about it as well. LOL Funny to watch the offenders sometimes as they shut up and slink off. But sometimes they just continue on as if no one said anything. Worth a try at times though.

I am bad about talking loudly and maybe a little rude when folks are just being way too loud in a resturant or store. I'll always point out how rude they are to disrupt everyone else around them. Sometimes I'll even get others commenting about it as well. LOL Funny to watch the offenders sometimes as they shut up and slink off. But sometimes they just continue on as if no one said anything. Worth a try at times though.
I'll confess.
waveguy.gif
I am a loud talker.
Mostly because I don't hear very well and don't realize how loud I'm talking sometimes.
Especially if I am fired-up about something.
Fortunately, I have a wife who can signal me to tone it down.
a078.gif

But when it's just me & the boys, look out! (hearing protection recommended):rolleyes:

I am reminded of this again today! Nosy, gossipy people who ask too many questions, and then twist what they see or hear and repeat it!

House/dog sitting in a higher end community this weekend. I let the two dogs out on the patio, not realizing that on the other side of the privacy fence is a man walking his dogs. These two dogs are rescues and one was feral, and has come a long way. The larger dog, maybe 40 pounds chases the smaller dog, maybe 15 pounds and they are scrapping, like they often do. Now they are running and are not behind the privacy fence, but a metal fence, barking at the man and his dogs. I go out to apologize and the man says the larger dog attacked the smaller one. I bring the dogs in and assess the smaller dog. Her foot is bothering her, but no visible wound or blood. I am putting together a text to the owner, who is running a marathon on the east coast, when she calls me to ask if her dogs are okay, someone sent her a text saying a BIG dog attacked her smaller dog. The man has NO idea that this is life with these two. I have seen dog attacks and this is not a dog attack. This is two rescue dogs doing what they do. Little dog is no longer limping and they are playing. Ugh!

I am reminded of this again today! Nosy, gossipy people who ask too many questions, and then twist what they see or hear and repeat it!

House/dog sitting in a higher end community this weekend. I let the two dogs out on the patio, not realizing that on the other side of the privacy fence is a man walking his dogs. These two dogs are rescues and one was feral, and has come a long way. The larger dog, maybe 40 pounds chases the smaller dog, maybe 15 pounds and they are scrapping, like they often do. Now they are running and are not behind the privacy fence, but a metal fence, barking at the man and his dogs. I go out to apologize and the man says the larger dog attacked the smaller one. I bring the dogs in and assess the smaller dog. Her foot is bothering her, but no visible wound or blood. I am putting together a text to the owner, who is running a marathon on the east coast, when she calls me to ask if her dogs are okay, someone sent her a text saying a BIG dog attacked her smaller dog. The man has NO idea that this is life with these two. I have seen dog attacks and this is not a dog attack. This is two rescue dogs doing what they do. Little dog is no longer limping and they are playing. Ugh!

I swear 10-15% of all 911 calls are people who were too ignorant to know what was happening but too sure of what was happening to allow it to continue without police intervention. Sometimes it turns out to be the right move, but 99% of the time it was a waste of time and resources.

I swear 10-15% of all 911 calls are people who were too ignorant to know what was happening but too sure of what was happening to allow it to continue without police intervention. Sometimes it turns out to be the right move, but 99% of the time it was a waste of time and resources.
I think that in some instances, people call the police or other agency as a power play. I had a narcissistic neighbor who was always reporting someone in the neighborhood for something she deemed wrong. Her best friend in the neighborhood was also a nosy narcissist and loved it when she was reporting this one or that one. I cannot stand drama and people who start it or encourage it. When I see these kind of people, I go inside quickly. These two quickly earned lots of distance from me.

My then 2, almost 3 year old, headed out the front door in our apartment complex to the sand box that was her favorite place in the world, literally feet from the front door. I heard a neighbor boy, maybe 4 say, "Here come X, lets ... (some sort of bully behavior)" I said, "Go ahead, I'll call the police." It was not the best thing for me to say to a young child, but that scared him enough that he never tried to bully her again. His parents were a piece of work, and the apple never falls far from the tree and neither does the nut. His parents kept a police scanner running 24/7 in the household to listen to all the activity. This child was 3rd out of 4 and was fathered by someone, not the same as the other 3. He was definitely not treated the same as the others. Imagine if they had heard on the scanner that someone was heading to their house because their red-headed child has beat up a two year old.

I was driving down the street where traffic is down to one lane, due to something with a vehicle. There are a few people there. I am driving slow, and no one is coming my way, so I am going to pass, with care. All of a sudden, one of the men decided to jump in front of me to stop me where upon I have to swerve to not hit him. Then he looks and realizes no one is coming from the other direction and motions for me to go. He just needed to get out of the road.

My pet peeve regarding democrats running for President. In what world do they think they can just go door to door and take away assault weapons? Where in the constitution does it say you can tax the very rich just because they are very rich? They all talked about this stuff last night like they just can.
I think they need to reread our constitution. They can't.

Latest posts

Back