What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like most folks have had a challenging week. Hope you all have thing settle out and settle down for you quickly.

Today we took a road trip and stopped at cabelas and bass pro shops. Found a little ammo, and a few clothes for us both. Basically just took some down time and enjoy the day. At least as much as you can with 98 degrees and 50+ % humidity. Had some good Mexican and margaritas for supper.

Yesterday hubby got home from work (we've been working lots!) and went to change the oil in the pickup as its been in need. After draining the 2.5 gallons and pulling the old filter, he realized they gave me the wrong filter so had to wait until they opened today so I could go back and exchange it. The box had gotten wet since as we were taking care of it, it began to sprinkle. I had pulled the trailer around to wash but discovered that one of the panels had popped loose so didn't get to wash it - sooo we were trying to get the pickup taken care of and get the trailer tarped and it was downpouring. We finally made it in and I looked out the window then asked hubby if he thought I should roll up the windows in the car. I ran out with keys, car was drenched, rolled up windows, ran back in. I cracked up laughing as I was drenched too. We got about 2" of rain in less than an hour! I know others have been facing weather issues too and I don't want to whine too much, but it flooded my summer kitchen. There was only 1 cardboard box with things that could be ruined (Christmas stuff) but I don't like the shelving and harvest table soaking up water - not good for wood. I will probably set them up on something.
Today went and got correct filter, fixed trailer panel, and began cleaning the summer kitchen.

Hope relief comes soon for you. We have opposite here now, we are headed fro a drought and wildfires are already started here in Florida.

Sounds like most folks have had a challenging week. Hope you all have thing settle out and settle down for you quickly.

Today we took a road trip and stopped at cabelas and bass pro shops. Found a little ammo, and a few clothes for us both. Basically just took some down time and enjoy the day. At least as much as you can with 98 degrees and 50+ % humidity. Had some good Mexican and margaritas for supper.

Times they are a changing,hehe,song. Anyway I had a nice time this morning with my one beer in a frosted mug. I get a buzz off one beer thats one of the few things where age saves us money.

I guess too much body weight is a hinderance for me. It took 2 margaritas for me, then a glass of brandy for me after I got home. LOL. But only drinking a little maybe once every 2-3 weeks I have no imuniity for drinking.

Me too and I only have one or 2 every few months. I sure had fun one night with the sweet vodka drink 'Black Russian' though a year or so ago. It was like drinking soda till it hit ya.

Me too and I only have one or 2 every few months. I sure had fun one night with the sweet vodka drink 'Black Russian' though a year or so ago. It was like drinking soda till it hit ya.

You crack me up Meer!. Wife likes White Russians. I make Black ones better. LOL. I'm more of a long island tea guy. But sitting around a bon fire with a few friends I might go overboard on occasion. Seriously though I don't drink much. Runs my blood sugar too high. So only for a treat kinda thing.

Oh, LadyLocust, I love your summer kitchen. Not good it flooded.
I'm only on one glass of wine tonight, but there's a shotglass and some Jager in sight, so maybe.
Yard rooster ripped out some large pots of flowers I planted today. He didn't eat them, just ripped them up. He is now caged and awaiting execution, along with the Red Rangers that are really big now. Maybe tomorrow. He didn't get the hatchet last butchering because my son said he's such a looker...mix of Lavender Americauna and Jersey Giant, a huge beautifully colored bird. BUT...he ripped out some of the flowers I labored over today and ate all the Mammoth Sunflowers granddaughter planted a few weeks back, so no mercy for him. Ended up moving baby junior turkeys into a bigger run today, instead of the three "toddler" cages they were in. Now they are all together in a big space. Most of them have feet problems. Bummer.

You crack me up Meer!. Wife likes White Russians. I make Black ones better. LOL. I'm more of a long island tea guy. But sitting around a bon fire with a few friends I might go overboard on occasion. Seriously though I don't drink much. Runs my blood sugar too high. So only for a treat kinda thing.

Yea I know all about that ' overboard 'thing. I cleared the dance floor doing the 1920s shimmy or at least thats what I thought I was doing. Hubby took pics and I refused to look at them fro months. I'd hate to think what a Long Island Tea would do to me.

Yea I know all about that ' overboard 'thing. I cleared the dance floor doing the 1920s shimmy or at least thats what I thought I was doing. Hubby took pics and I refused to look at them fro months. I'd hate to think what a Long Island Tea would do to me.

I am so glad cell phones didn't exist when I was a teen and early 20's. Oh that wouldn't have been pretty. LOL. But maybe all a part of growing up and figureing out what not to do as you got older???

I am so glad cell phones didn't exist when I was a teen and early 20's. Oh that wouldn't have been pretty. LOL. But maybe all a part of growing up and figureing out what not to do as you got older???

LOL, Ain't that the truth. Of course back then I probably didn't look like I was having some kind of fit instead of dancing. Its a wonder someone didn't call 911.

Jager! I got to spend 2 months in Vienna Austria back in the late 1990's training for a new job I took. Almost all the guys I was working with and went out for dinner with would get a shot of Jager after dinner. They always said it was to settle their stomach after eating. It did seem to work.
Keep that Jager away from me! I'm not drinking anything that tastes like original Green Death flavored NyQuil! I got myself in enough trouble last Friday and that was just drinking Busch Light tallboys with an occasional shot of Patron for good measure...(I do like my tequila once in a great while, but only the good stuff...;))

There were plenty cellphones in the bar Friday night. In fact there's about 40 pics on my phone that I don't even remember taking! And I'm guessing that there's a bunch of middle aged ladies in Kansas City who have pics or video of me on their phones too. I'm just not sure what might be happening in those pics...:eek::D

There were plenty cellphones in the bar Friday night. In fact there's about 40 pics on my phone that I don't even remember taking! And I'm guessing that there's a bunch of middle aged ladies in Kansas City who have pics or video of me on their phones too. I'm just not sure what might be happening in those pics...:eek::D

UH OH. You Tubes coming along. LOL

Keep that Jager away from me! I'm not drinking anything that tastes like original Green Death flavored NyQuil! I got myself in enough trouble last Friday and that was just drinking Busch Light tallboys with an occasional shot of Patron for good measure...(I do like my tequila once in a great while, but only the good stuff...;))

Tequila boy that would be really asking for it. I'd wonder if somebody didn't ' Spike 'my drink. LOL. I never did drink tequila. Mostly wine occasional beer back in the day.

That's awesome! And all this time I thought everyone here were just boring ol' fuddy duddies...:D

My life is much more boring but I did do something sneaky after dinner tonight… My big sheppard sleeps out in the yard on hot nights… My wooden front door is quiet… My outer door isn’t an aluminum storm door. It’s a steel security door with a dead bolt, rain blows in and its hinges get squeaky fairly often…

Every time I open the squeaky security door… even though my dog is asleep he sits up and looks when he hears the squeak.

Tonight, I put “liquid wrench” on the security door hinges…

Twice since 8pm I’ve opened the newly “quite” door, creeped up on the sleeping dog and scared the crap out of him!

Have to get your laughs when you can! :D

Tequila boy that would be really asking for it. I'd wonder if somebody didn't ' Spike 'my drink. LOL. I never did drink tequila. Mostly wine occasional beer back in the day.
You have to get good tequila. Jose Cuervo doesn't cut it. I won't spend less than about $35 for a bottle or it's not worth drinking. Patron and Cabo Wabo are my go to tequilas...

My life is much more boring but I did do something sneaky after dinner tonight… My big sheppard sleeps out in the yard on hot nights… My wooden front door is quiet… My outer door isn’t an aluminum storm door. It’s a steel security door with a dead bolt, rain blows in and its hinges get squeaky fairly often…

Every time I open the squeaky security door… even though my dog is asleep he sits up and looks when he hears the squeak.

Tonight, I put “liquid wrench” on the security door hinges…

Twice since 8pm I’ve opened the newly “quite” door, creeped up on the sleeping dog and scared the crap out of him!

Have to get your laughs when you can! :D

LOL, I can picture that Peanut. Animals can be so funny.

Latest posts

Back