What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got your tree. Still no wood splitter....:(

Emailed Tractor Supply this morning and told them my delivery date went from the 4th to the 7th to returning to Pheonix then to the 13th and now says n/a. They got in touch with the shipper and were given a delivery date of the 17th! I told them I was leaving on the 13th and no one will be here on the 17th until the 24th so they gave me the contact info for the shipper so I can call and talk to them directly. It left Pheonix on the 3rd and has been sitting in Abq at the shippers since 5am on the 4th and it takes them 13 days to travel the last 2hrs?!!

5714-c60156934fb30ffdfd8dc107e3e5634f.jpg

As far as the people with the bolt cutters go…

A. They were up to something criminal

Or

B. An upper management guy was having a rendezvous with a lady from data entry at a cheap hotel… in which case I don’t even want to know what the bolt cutters were for… :D

Sort of neat… The young lady who gave me an ultrasound this morning… I recognized her accent. She was from the western part of upstate NY. She had worked and trained at several of the hospitals where I had serviced catscans years earlier. It was nice to chat about a few of those places and some of the ethnic foods like “Beef on Weck”... A great roast beef sandwich. :)

@Terri9630 You've shown great restraint during this... I would have boiled over days ago! :mad:

Last edited:
@Terri9630 You've shown great restraint during this... I would have boiled over days ago! :mad:

I figured it wouldn't do me any good to be upset over the weekend. No one was there to yell at. Now tomorrow when I call the shipper......

@Peanut if he was from upper management they would've been in a suite at the Marriott or Hilton for their little tryst...cheap hotel shenanigans are for us common folks. I stay at cheap hotels all the time, and I've seen more hookers and sleazy couples than I care to admit. Funny thing - hookers are usually wearing sweats or jeans, and you wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary, at least in my experience...

I just got done ordering my airline tickets for work in January. Delta's website was having some kind of problem and wouldn't accept any of my credit cards. So I had to call them and go through a rep. It took over a half hour to reach somebody. If I had hair, I would've pulled it all out in frustration. When the rep processed my tickets everything went through on the first try...I hate doing business online...:mad:

Ok @Peanut , I have come to the conclusion that you and I should not hang out around each other ....tooooo much weirdness eminates from both of us.

That aside. The health news is awesome , you just got handed a clean bill of health.. so to speak,
you need to protect it.
Don't abuse it.

Good health news is always great.

Jim

Thank you @Meerkat , @Bacpacker , @LadyLocust and @Amish Heart . Admittedly I was concerned in case the aneurysm burst and I know DH is suffering with really bad pressure in his head from it.

Good news for you @Peanut that you are on the mend too that is fabulous :) . Great price for the recliner for your Dad too and it will make life a lot easier for him and yourself too.

Round 1 of today is that we unloaded the trailer of the firewood in the lean-to shed and put a few jerry cans of fuel in DH's car. The RSL president came around to organise when to be there for us to help set up the Christmas function food and that will be Saturday and Sunday.

We then headed up to a town near us to pick up the drip irrigation timer to replace the one that broke and while we were at it stopped off at a supermarket and got some really discounted capsicums and 3 containers of thickened cream and also picked up some cheaper watermelon and a 3 kg bag of valencia oranges as well for some fruit.

Got home and been relaxing during the heat of the day and DH has just replaced the drip irrigation timer with the new one and it is working well. Shortly we shall dice up the capsicums we purchased and put them in meal sized portions for the freezer.

Dinner tonight was cold chicken drumsticks and homemade pasta salad with dessert being the last bit of our homemade cheesecake.

Emailed Tractor Supply this morning and told them my delivery date went from the 4th to the 7th to returning to Pheonix then to the 13th and now says n/a. They got in touch with the shipper and were given a delivery date of the 17th! I told them I was leaving on the 13th and no one will be here on the 17th until the 24th so they gave me the contact info for the shipper so I can call and talk to them directly. It left Pheonix on the 3rd and has been sitting in Abq at the shippers since 5am on the 4th and it takes them 13 days to travel the last 2hrs?!!

View attachment 30977

I am pretty sure I would have gone off the deep end by now.

Driving a school bus teaches patience (or drives you insane) but even my saintly patience :D has a limit that is getting very close.

I have found that calmly , nicely , hounding and driving the person on the other end totally insane , to the point they get so sick of me they do something .

Don't let up, keep the high pressure aggravating tactics going.

Be nice but in their ear relentlessly.

Jim

@Terri9630 rather along the lines of what Jim said, but I have had to deal with such situations for work multiple times. If it were me, I would call TS (ha! which I've had to do before) and nicely but firmly explain the situation to the mgr. Verify mgrs. full name and thank them for that. Tell him/her your expectation - "I want it by tomorrow so I will be here to receive it." It is their responsibility to have it shipped and follow up with shipping not yours. That's what you paid for. Calmly mention that if this doesn't happen, the better business bureau will be contacted. It has been my experience that this gets results. No yelling, high blood pressure, or foul language etc. (Mgr. will be in deep dodo from corporate office if BBB is contacted.)

Took wife this mornin to get her wisdom teeth cut out. Back home now and trying to get her set up and comfortable. Gotta run to town and get couple scripts filled for her.
Prayers would welcomed.

Prayers delivered for your Mrs. and everyone else on this forum in need.

Driving a school bus teaches patience (or drives you insane) but even my saintly patience :D has a limit that is getting very close.

My wife handles such matters as I become "threatening" very quickly. My wife however is way more threatening than I am, she is just more eloquent about it. The first thing she always does is call customer support, and then regardless of who answers the phone immediately asks for their supervisor: 'if you are assigned to answer the phone, then you are not on the management level I need to be in contact with'. She always seems to come out of these situations WAY ahead.

Found an eye doctor this bending down on top of keyboard to see is painful for the neck so need to do something plus I want to drive and stop walking into walls and banging into things!
In mean time I may try Bright Eyes, used a few times already.

Don't think it will work but it also won't hurt from what I've read,

Last edited:
Found an eye doctor this bending down on top of keyboard to see is painful for the neck so need to do something plus I want to drive and stop walking into walls and banging into things!
In mean time I may try Bright Eyes, used a few times already.

Don't think it will work but it also won't hurt from what I've read,

What do yall think, like some feedback good or bad about Bright Eyes. Seems to me since its been around for 10 or more years it would be popular, but its not , but nither am I and I'm running out of dr.s too.

What do yall think, like some feedback good or bad about Bright Eyes. Seems to me since its been around for 10 or more years it would be popular, but its not , but nither am I and I'm running out of dr.s too.
I have no experience with eye issues or the products used, but hopefully someone else will be able to offer input.

Tomorrow we'll be going into town to get an alignment on our Sienna, don't want to wear out the new tires. Also going to the Toyota dealership across the street from the tire shop and get an oil change, generally I'd do that but I don't have a garage and it's rainy and on top of that, I've put in enough time over the years crawling under vehicles laying on a piece of cardboard that I don't mind spending a little to have someone else do our oil changes and other work. I still will do the work on our 88' Samurai, that is the easiest to work on, no heavy stuff to wear me out.

Well I was at work until the intermediate school nurse called and said I had a sick child with a mild fever that I needed to pick up. I sometimes think they get sick at school knowing there is a chance they will get a ride in a police car. Anyway I picked her up, got her into some warm PJ's, gave her some children's ibuprofen and she is now all wrapped in a fleece blanket, sipping on water, snuggling with a dog, and watching a video on all of the state capitols. I suppose this is a good time to get my wife's Christmas gifts wrapped.

Yesterday was another hot 39 oc here but we did get a little done.

We started the morning with both of us stain removing some clothing, getting a washing load on and hanging it on the clothes line to dry. They dried probably in about 30 minutes but we took the loads in about 2 hours later.

After a bit of a break we folded up 4 loads of clean laundry and put it away. At about 6 pm we started work in the gardens and DH set up the new drip irrigation timer and put up a trellis for the cherry tomatoes and I helped to scoop up the plants so he could tie them up. Meanwhile I washed out pots and emptied out plants that didn't make it and planted the ones that did which were a lovely lily and a rosemary plant. We used the water from the washed out plant pots to water in the new plants we planted. DH planted capsicum and basil seeds in with the tomatoes and I turned on the drip irrigation system to water them and used grey water saved from the washing machine to water in canna, calla and spider plants in one of the garden beds and filled up the kangaroo and wallaby water for the day.

Last night was a help yourself night for dinner.

Today we are heading off to visit a friend over an hour away and will make a day of it together in another town and have a look around there.

Getting ready to go to physical therapy for the first time. The doc thinks this will help my foot, if the muscles in the back of my legs get more flexible. We'll see how it goes. Doc said it's going to be "torture". Hopefully it's not *that* bad...

PT can be painful but it got my best friend back to walking after a car hit her in 1980 doing 60 MPH, nobody expected her to live and , from head to toe 'literily' what wasn't broken was busted open. She cried every session but it was a miracle how those wonderful dr.s and theropist saved her.
Spike hope yours is successful as hers was with less pain of course.

Took wife this mornin to get her wisdom teeth cut out. Back home now and trying to get her set up and comfortable. Gotta run to town and get couple scripts filled for her.
Prayers would welcomed.

@Bacpacker Just read this ,and All here is always in my prayers, Hope your wife has no pain. Be careful with pain pills.

PT can be painful but it got my best friend back to walking after a car hit her in 1980 doing 60 MPH, nobody expected her to live and , from head to toe 'literily' what wasn't broken was busted open. She cried every session but it was a miracle how those wonderful dr.s and theropist saved her.
Spike hope yours is successful as hers was with less pain of course.
It really wasn't too bad. The PT guy seems pretty laid back. Since we're dealing with soft tissues here, he just backed off and waited a minute, then tried again. My leg did loosen up a bit. We'll see if I can get it to stay loose...

Took dad to town for a doctors appointment just before lunch. I had to melt all the ice off the wheel chair ramp here at the house to get dad out to the truck, only took 7 buckets of warm water... Doctors appointment went well, he got a new med to add to the list. Then it was hurry and wait for prescriptions to be filled. To kill time I stopped at TSC for chicken feed. On the way out of town I stopped at the Ag store and got 50lbs of rock salt for the pesky ramp in case there is a next time ($6.50).

I plan to do nothing this evening but watch tv, might shred a few old documents later if I get bored.

Latest posts

Back