What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know why, but, she is not improving very much.
Some pain, but very weak.
I see a slight improvement today. She still will not eat anything.
Low grade fever tonight.

Took the big bandage off tonight, 4 little incisions , where they went in to fix those vertebrae.

Just st gonna take some time.

Picked up her muscle relaxers today.maybe that will help.

Jim

I'd hoped she would heal soon but as you said it takes time .Keeping her and you in thoughts and prayers as usual.

Roo is almost done with her lessons. She is working on her daily writing. She hates writing so I focused her curriculum around it to force her to try harder.

Juju got a taste of preschool this morning. I figured 40 minutes of letters, numbers, colors and shapes was plenty for her. She is only 3 after all.

I am sitting at the girls' work table since my folding desk has not been delivered yet. I ordered a small folding desk so I can sew or surf the net while the girls do school work or color and it can be put away when the space is needed for other things. Being in a different room from Roo is a no-go. She figured out last year how to look up the answers in the teacher guides. I don't have room outside of the school room for my book cart yet so I have to keep it in the classroom where she does her work. So far she has a good handle on what is expected of her.

K is coming home early from work so he can do the yard work he didn't do over the weekend. While he is doing that I plan to work on the bookcases in the garage so they can come in the house soon. The girls plan on running around like wild animals during that time. ;)
I taught Montessori preschool (3 to 6 year olds) for 7 years. Three year olds did lots of activities to build up hand strength, left to right, eye - hand coordination, vocabulary, simple nomenclatures (parts of animals and plants), letter sounds, 1 to 9, teens, tens, decimal system (1s, 10's, 100's, 1000's). It is a fun age. They are like sponges and can be so trainable.

Don't know why, but, she is not improving very much.
Some pain, but very weak.
I see a slight improvement today. She still will not eat anything.
Low grade fever tonight.

Took the big bandage off tonight, 4 little incisions , where they went in to fix those vertebrae.

Just st gonna take some time.

Picked up her muscle relaxers today.maybe that will help.

Jim
I hope she starts eating soon. That is important and always a red flag.

Have to check in to see what's going on in this thread or you would never know.
Sorry your wife Jim is having such a rough go of it and will continue to pray for you both.
Spike glad you made it through and no one was hurt.
Mo I hope things get better for you on the resident thing.
LadyL glad you made through Portland o k.
Just gonna say 🙏's for all, and hope for better days ahead for everyone.

Yesterday I was able to test the dishwasher to make sure it works with no leaks. Now the kitchen is functional.... Discovered that I was short 12 shelves, not available locally (I could cut from plywood but wife wants the ones from the company that made the cabinets), ordered on line and they should be here by Labor Day.

I can start cleaning out the pantry and start making the island; wife can't decide where she wants it...

When I took a closer look at the pantry I realized that all the shelves need to come out, be cleaned (sanded?) and repainted.

I figure I will do a little each morning and evening until Thursday, then I will make a run to Lo’s and HD…

Wife has decided I need to do the tile back-splash, I have the 9”X3” mixed white subway tiles, wife has determined that she wants them installed with a 1/3 offset. It should look nice, but it means that I will need to pull the stove back out…

Hunting season starts in 30 days, I need to keep moving or the wife will not be happy till February…..

Have to keep an eye on the prise.... :)

I have been lax at checking on the garden, we have had rain and it didn't need watering (that wheel wasn't squeaking). This morning I harvested several kinds of peppers, some okra, some cucumbers, some beets, and some carrots. In the process I realized that I have an infestation of large green-n-yellow caterpillars, they have really impacted my tomato patch and my squash looks poorly. It seems like every year I say, "This year I will focus on the garden" and every year there are more distractions than I can cover.....

Dropping kids off at band camp, little granddaughter and I going to my cousins this morning to work on sweet corn, and loading up some buckets of wheat. The joke around there now is that I dress appropriately. I wore a skirt the other night that was about 3 inches below my knees. Too short. Still hearing about it. Everyone is hearing about it, small community. Now when I am out, I hear, "Oh, I love your skirt today". Ha. That's because it's to my ankles. Where it's supposed to be. Our daughter flies in to Wichita tonight for a few days visit. Looking forward to seeing her, and planning stuff to do when she's here.

@UrbanHunter You’re not finished with that yet? 😂. Just kidding. You’ve done a ton! Will be nice once complete.

Dad’s next surgery is scheduled for Friday. Mom gets to go see him today- yay! It has been a full week since any of us have seen him. When I talked with him yesterday, it was the first thing he said and he sounded so much better for it.

Thanks to all y'all.

Her BP in ambulance went to 220/180.
They have done CT scan abdomen , where she's hurting.
All labs, EKG,
Gave her morphine and Zopran.

Don't have an answer yet.

She scared the crap outta me .
I couldn't get her up or to car , so I called ambulance.

Just waiting now for a some results.

Jim

Last edited:
Yep, following the ambulance 35 miles, all I could think was how could I live without her.prayed God would spare her.

54 years together.

Jim

You two are heay in our hearts and thoughts. Funny how we can care so much for our soul brotheres ans sisters here.We don't see each other in the flesh but do in the spirit.
Hubby and I feel the same way abour each other. We are with you and her.You want to talk on phone :huggs:give us a pm.

The storm has passed. Straight line winds reached 100mph and my town looks like a war zone with trees down everywhere and many damaged houses. My building came through ok. I got lucky.

My ex had severe damage at her acreage, barn is flattened and trees down against the house. My daughter and her little half sister are terrified but ok. My daughter's pony is homeless until they can rig up a shelter though...
Scary! I am glad you are okay. Hope the pony gets a new home, or shelter soon, but there are always so many needs after a large storm like this. Fallen trees always means the potential of future fire wood, if it was the right kind of trees.

A face to put with your prayers.
The light of my life.
ct2016.jpg

Doctor was just in.
She has pneumonia, and a large 7 mm kidney stone.

Now more tests.
Jim

Last edited:
Yep, following the ambulance 35 miles, all I could think was how could I live without her.prayed God would spare her.

54 years together.

Jim
There are so many things like this that I have thought about. There are things that came to my mind that I would never say here. I am grateful that she is at the hospital. She has needs that they can address. Continued prayers for her.

The storm has passed. Straight line winds reached 100mph and my town looks like a war zone with trees down everywhere and many damaged houses. My building came through ok. I got lucky.

My ex had severe damage at her acreage, barn is flattened and trees down against the house. My daughter and her little half sister are terrified but ok. My daughter's pony is homeless until they can rig up a shelter though...
Just saw damage to cousin's ash tree in Iowa City. She is saying there is lots of damage there. Fences and trees are down.

A face to put with your prayers.
The light of my life.
View attachment 48104

Doctor was just in.
She has pneumonia, and a large 7 mm kidney stone.

Now more tests.
JimView attachment 48104

:thumbs::Thankyou: good to see the other you two.If she is as sweet as she looks she is really sweet. I have a friend who favors here alot.A nice person always smiling.Her name is Delrous,aka Dee.

Strawberry has been walked several times this morning.
She's snoozing on the love seat.
I'm amazed to see our little town has a thrift store that is purely to support rescue dogs and other animals.
So will be donating items for that particular little store.
Never heard of such a thing.
Have been looking at the website looks interesting to say the least.
Legs are elevated, knees are stiff this morning.
Weather is kinda weird feeling.
Want to get another 5 inches on Granny's big little grand daughter's crocheted blanket today if possible.
Packed up the sewing machine, serger, threads,sewing and quilting stuff this morning.
Still working on animal blocks too.
Don't use the Serger as much as I thought I would so will be selling that.
It's taking up space.
Going to be selling ladies petite roll top desk too.
Don't really use it either.
Sipping coffee, thinking my coffee pot is trying to die on me.
Bummer, this one is only 6 months old.
Kind hard on them I guess.

Jim,
I hope Mrs. Jim feels better soon.
Your in my prayers and thoughts always.

Latest posts

Back