What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to Primary care doctor just got off phone with her.
Iron count finally made it to baseline of 41.
She would be happier if it was 50 or above.
I would be happier if my legs and feet quit swelling.
So Strawberry and I could start walking again for healthy weight loss.
So neither one of us are happy.

It's weird,I got this notification my post had been moved here and I didn't even know there was a Charlie Daniels thread to even post in and I still don't see it.View attachment 46119:dunno:

It was in the post about Charlie Daniels dying so I moved it here.

Sister called. Mom's Caregiver has a recurring urinary medical condition. Doctor had Caregiver tested for Corona virus and self quarantine until Corona test comes back. I watch mom so sister could get groceries. Mom is housebound and can't be left alone.

Big box lumber store for some odds and ends for little projects I'm working on. Mask is required.

Bank to deposit some checks. Masks aren't required but they would appreciated if you would. I did.

Hair cut. Mask required.

Church meeting. Our church is reopening Sunday and first time live streaming. I'm the camera man and will have a second button to push. 5 out of 7 were wearing masks. I was 1 of the 2 that weren't.

Last edited:
Talked to Primary care doctor just got off phone with her.
Iron count finally made it to baseline of 41.
She would be happier if it was 50 or above.
I would be happier if my legs and feet quit swelling.
So Strawberry and I could start walking again for healthy weight loss.
So neither one of us are happy.

My iron has always been real high,since in my early 20s. I worry about pipes rusting but so far ok.
I hope you get that iron back up.My friend has same problem. She had soem kind of iron tratment that took all day of injections in dr. office. Shes been fine since though.

My iron has always been real high,since in my early 20s. I worry about pipes rusting but so far ok.
I hope you get that iron back up.My friend has same problem. She had soem kind of iron tratment that took all day of injections in dr. office. Shes been fine since though.
I'm anemic, pretty much all my life been anemic.
This is not the first time it's been this low.
On one or two other occasions it's been lower.
That's when we did the shots then.
Or transfusions, I would personally rather not do either of those right now.
Due to increase risk of infection.
But that's just me.

Mainly fiddlie farting around.
Working on quilt blocks.
Going to start putting together quilt tops next week.
Sipping coffee.
Have another session of labs for blood work on the 24th at 0800.
Then to another hospital for another test in next town over.
Yea Haw!
Cleaning out dresser drawers, closet, things that were gifted to me that could possibly used in quits.
The clothing that was gifted to me for use in quilts were pretty much dry rotten so into the trash they went.
Towels with holes in them were made into wash cloths, dish towels, just got to finish hemming them.
Then I will have about a dozen new dish towels,and a dozen wash cloths, everything else went into trash.
Will be taking legs apart on jeans, pockets off jeans so they can be recycled too.
Will be taking the front part of a pair of jeans and making a friend an apron for Christmas.
So she can gather eggs in it better, than the one she has now.
Strawberry will get a new bed out of some of the jean legs.
Jean material is a heavier grade of fabric, it will take her abuse better.

Last edited:
I'm anemic, pretty much all my life been anemic.
This is not the first time it's been this low.
On one or two other occasions it's been lower.
That's when we did the shots then.
Or transfusions, I would personally rather not do either of those right now.
Due to increase risk of infection.
But that's just me.

I understand but sure hope you get better. It was transfusions my friend had.

Ground beef here is about $2.99 a pound. Was $5.89 a pound a couple of months ago. Glad it is down. Some of you will laugh but I bought Chuck Boneless Blade Steak today for $2.99 a pound. I haven't had a steak of any kind in over 10 years, probably closer to 15. Just never felt like it was a priority or that we could afford it. I bought 3 and will freeze the other 2 as they are large.

Cut okra and picked jalapenos and cucumbers so far. This evening will pick tomatoes and get everything bagged and in freezer.

Wow! Great price, Snappy. I haven't really priced meat for a few weeks. We needed to empty freezers. Husband just went for an MRI, and I finished packing 6 more boxes out of little granddaughter's room. Her mom's friends send her stuff all the time. I had prepacked alot of stuff a few weeks ago, but it grew from there. Our farmhouse is half the size of our house, so it'll be interesting unpacking. The motorcycle that was supposed to be picked up yesterday is now supposed to be picked up in an hour. I have been instructed to check the bill of lading, tell them to put it in neutral, and get it on the truck.

Wife says we are going to meat market to stock up on more meat.

I'm ok with that.
But, ground beef at $9lb...ain't happening.

Pork and chicken may be on my list.

Jim
Okeedokee we went to meat market.

I think we got a pleasant surprise...
All the shelves were full of fresh meat.
And, the prices were very decent..
Good thick bacon $3.49/ld
75 % ground beef was $2.79/of.
85% was $5.49/ld.

We bought lots of pork steaks, chops , butterfly chops, chicken breast, chicken strips, and ribs,
About $2.79/ld.
a beef roast at $4.20/ld.

All vac sealed and in the freezer. Except 1 pack of pork chops for tommorow.

We actually forgot to get the ground beef :dunno: :rolleyes:

Total was $75.00.
Lot of meat.
IMG_20200709_153126935.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Scratching my head wondering how Amazon makes any money? Last Friday I ordered 6 items. Amazon been here every day this week delivering parts of my order. Today takes the cake. The sixth and final item I ordered Friday was delivered this morning. A second order I placed yesterday they are delivering this afternoon! They could have held a few for a day or so and make one or two trips instead of six. If I lived on one of their main routes I could understand but I don't. Wife signed up for Amazon Prime so the shipping (to me) is free.

Scratching my head wondering how Amazon makes any money? Last Friday I ordered 6 items. Amazon been here every day this week delivering parts of my order. Today takes the cake. The sixth and final item I ordered Friday was delivered this morning. A second order I placed yesterday they are delivering this afternoon! They could have held a few for a day or so and make one or two trips instead of six. If I lived on one of their main routes I could understand but I don't. Wife signed up for Amazon Prime so the shipping (to me) is free.
They have a contract w/ the PO. I don't remember the details, but every package they ship, the PO looses 3 cents and they can't get out of the contract. Doesn't sound like much until you think about how many packages Amazon ships every day.

We quit ordering from them because some orders took a couple months to get to us. I'm sure its not any better now with the new wave of virus dump!

Did video this morning and made chili for DH. Made his Birthday cake and frosting. Found a pretty little pink depression glass sherry glass (I think) for $1 at thrift shop yesterday. That's where we shop for Birthdays and Christmas. It will go in cabinet with other pieces.

Moved some canned goods back and forth between pantry A and B.
Grilled the steak I got yesterday and it is pretty good!

Here is me 2 years out from beginning weight loss. I will have to add photo from phone. Hold on
0613201055b.jpg

Last edited:
Did video this morning and made chili for DH. Made his Birthday cake and frosting. Found a pretty little pink depression glass sherry glass (I think) for $1 at thrift shop yesterday. That's where we shop for Birthdays and Christmas. It will go in cabinet with other pieces.

Here is me 2 years out from beginning weight loss. I will have to add photo from phone. Hold onView attachment 46279

Looking good Snap! Congrates of the weight loss.:great:

Here is me 2 years out from beginning weight loss. I will have to add photo from phone. Hold onView attachment 46279
Snap You're a beautiful gal! I figured you had white hair, big brown puppy-dog eyes and a wet nose 😂
Good job on the weight loss.

Latest posts

Back