What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my work truck out of the shop after adding a 4 inch lift. Before and after

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2353.jpeg

Today was very strange. The "Bob Sumeral" repair place WAS usually packed, yesterday I called and got transferred to AAA to make an "appointment"

I was the ONLY customer there , for 2 hours.

the work looks good, but WTH happened in the past year?

Might be doing the brake job in my my garage up north.

That reminds me, off to Rock Auto.
You have Rock Auto near you?! That’s cool.
@jishinsjourney i laughed because I wasn’t thinking of canning and food storage when you mentioned that you needed salsa. I am going to eat salsa and guacamole right now.
Worked today. I read havasu’s thread about the accident, put me in a sad mood. Think I’ll be back later.

Last edited:
MY BDA vendor is on site for 3 days. We got one building tested and made some adjustments to try and solve an issue with over driving it. Then went to one of my project buildings and did a bunch of testing. Finished 3 of the 6 floors. The other 3 should go much quicker after what we learned today. Tomorrow afternoon we'll go over to project two and do some more testing to try and figure out a problem we haven't been able to solve.
Also found out they do some training, which I'm gonna get set up for my techs. And purchase the software they were using today. It will help us a great deal in the future.
Overall a great day, but damn if I ain't wore out. Get to do it all again tomorrow

MY BDA vendor is on site for 3 days. We got one building tested and made some adjustments to try and solve an issue with over driving it. Then went to one of my project buildings and did a bunch of testing. Finished 3 of the 6 floors. The other 3 should go much quicker after what we learned today. Tomorrow afternoon we'll go over to project two and do some more testing to try and figure out a problem we haven't been able to solve.
Also found out they do some training, which I'm gonna get set up for my techs. And purchase the software they were using today. It will help us a great deal in the future.
Overall a great day, but damn if I ain't wore out. Get to do it all again tomorrow
What is " BDA"?

Ben

Bi directional amplifier. We use them as a two way inside repeater. Takes an external rf signal and distributes it inside a building with little to no rf. And will send a internal rf signal back to the outside. Mainly to help give fire department coverage to dead areas. Lot of steel and thick dense concrete is an rf killer

I decided that getting hurt is not such a good plan any more, should have decided that when I was 10, live and learn.

Are you drinking plenty of water? (The kind without coffee in it😉)
yes I am, putting oil of oregano on the laceration, alternating with melkfett (bag balm )

Last edited:
Animal chores including starting on the goat hoofs again. One older goat is not doing well She has been anemic since she got pregnant. I have dewormed her twice and given her extra vitamins and minerals but nothing seems to work. Nobody else has worms and we don't have a problem with parasites in general, especially not in winter so I am thinking there is something seriously wrong with her. I looked it up and she might have cancer or something. I hope her and her babies don't die but they probably will. She is eating and acting normal for now, but super pale eyelids.

I am going to burn a pile of cardboard boxes today , supposed to rain tonight. Husband never gets rid of them and we don't need them. They just attract varmints
Need to clean the guest bedroom, it's not bad I will just dust and clean the floor and air it out.
My plants in my seed trays are growing fast and it's way too cold to put them outside so I will transfer the larger ones into little pots.
Take dog for a hike

I’m home from work again today. Still feel like crap just from the neck up. Stuffy nose, watery eyes voice like Demi Moore. No fever. Just an old-fashioned head cold or the universe trying to tell me “slow down.” So I’m obliging.

yes I am, putting oil of oregano on the laceration, alternating with melkfett (bag balm )
A tepid Epsom salt soak might also help- soak a washcloth and let it set where ye bonked thy noggin. It would take a good 20-30 min. so might have to resoak cloth and reapply a couple times.
Get yourself better 🙏

They ship, nothing close. Tools, I have. Garage is 41 miles away, but if I do it, I KNOW it's right. Might let the local Subie dealer do the next oil change, it's not much more than DIY, and see if their inspection agrees.

Taxes done and filed, yesterday.
Already walked.
Have one call to make.
Walk dogs.
Vacuum car.
Haircut today.
Bible study tonight.

I hope her and her babies don't die
I hope that they all live.
Still feel like crap just from the neck up.
Feel better soon!

Coffee, heating pad on my neck and shoulders. Going to do a little light work today.

@jishinsjourney i laughed because I wasn’t thinking of canning and food storage when you mentioned that you needed salsa. I am going to eat salsa and guacamole right now.
Worked today. I read havasu’s thread about the accident, put me in a sad mood. Think I’ll be back later.

Oh, I make it fresh too, but I have a salsa verde that I like to use for making easy burrito and enchilada fixings. I’m on my last jar and it’s only February! :eek:

Little granddaughter and I buried Chookie this afternoon. He gave it up around noontime today. Poor old pup. I lost track of how old he was, but at least 15 yrs old. She's working on hand carving a wooden headstone with his name on it.
Parent teacher conference this afternoon, post office, finished a super clean on our bedroom, dropped off two bags at the thrift store.

Dade you need a good cigar to help you relax.
Amish, sorry to hear about your pup.
Backlash, let us know when the walleye fry happens!!!

We got a lot more done a work. Figured out the problem we had in one area of the building we are working the project in. We'll all but 30-50' or so. And I'm gonna get some different -dB rated couplers to tune that run better. With a more balanced line we may gain that last 50'. We also got 2 more floor finished testing in the 2nd building. Had one large conference room that was dead and we couldn't figure how to cover it. Ended up setting up a internal antenna 1 level higher and it brought it right into spec.
We've got 2 more floor to finish tomorrow, but they are only about half the size of what we've been doing. Glad things are going well, but the 5 of us working on the testing are wore out. Even the younger guys were complaining this morning.

A quick trip to the big town, got a few groceries. Got 10ft of 5/8id clear vinyl tubing for the spout on my fruit press. Only needed 2ft, only came in 10ft rolls.
-------------------------

Frustrated, there was a problem with land lines and loggers, started a couple weeks ago. Took a few days to get the timber buyer down here to walk the boundaries with me. He originally marked the lines with ribbons. He used an App that’s supposed to show land lines and gps data. His app was badly incorrect, off by more than 200ft in some places. He was going to have his loggers cut about 4acres of my timber.

Anyway, got it worked out because I knew where all the rebar stakes were located. Put there in 1972. But… dad got terribly upset by this situation, thought people were stealing from us. He seemed satisfied with how I got it worked out.

Then, this morning… now he’s all upset because the loggers didn’t cut as much as they were supposed to. :facepalm: He was badly confused about the land lines… again. He wanted me to take him to talk to the loggers. But the loggers are gone, they finished yesterday, loaded equipment and were gone by 9am this morning.

Big picture, both of the other landowners are over 85yrs old (sisters). I think their grandkids had the logging done before selling off the land. Sooooo… to prevent further issues I’m going to hire a survey company to run all the lines with new gps equipment and mark them fresh. If I don’t I’ll soon be arguing with real estate people about property lines, again. They’ll be using the same flawed phone App, to be continued…

(the app shows a property corner where I park my truck, 10ft from the house. And 263ft from the actual rebar corner marker placed by the last surveyor. The App is junk!)
------------------

Got my guitar cleaned up and new strings put on this evening. The Fiddlers Convention is this saturday. Hopefully I’ll have a good day picking...

Last edited:
A quick trip to the big town, got a few groceries. Got 10ft of 5/8id clear vinyl tubing for the spout on my fruit press. Only needed 2ft, only came in 10ft rolls.
-------------------------

Frustrated, there was a problem with land lines and loggers, started a couple weeks ago. Took a few days to get the timber buyer down here to walk the boundaries with me. He originally marked the lines with ribbons. He used an App that’s supposed to show land lines and gps data. His app was badly incorrect, off by more than 200ft in some places. He was going to have his loggers cut about 4acres of my timber.

Anyway, got it worked out because I knew where all the rebar stakes were located. Put there in 1972. But… dad got terribly upset by this situation, thought people were stealing from us. He seemed satisfied with how I got it worked out.

Then, this morning… now he’s all upset because the loggers didn’t cut as much as they were supposed to. He was badly confused about the land lines… again. He wanted me to take him to talk to the loggers. But the loggers are gone, they finished yesterday, loaded equipment and were gone by 9am this morning.

Big picture, both of the other landowners are over 85yrs old (sisters). I think their grandkids had the logging done before selling off the land. Sooooo… to prevent further issues I’m going to hire a survey company to run all the lines with new gps equipment and mark them fresh. If I don’t I’ll soon be arguing with real estate people about property lines, again. They’ll be using the same flawed phone App, to be continued…

(the app shows a property corner where I park my truck, 10ft from the house. And 263ft from the actual rebar corner marker placed by the last surveyor. The App is junk!)
------------------

Got my guitar cleaned up and new strings put on this evening. The Fiddlers Convention is this saturday. Hopefully I’ll have a good day picking...
Wow P. You’ve had your hands full.
Missed a lot on here today, thanks to the "no phone/internet for you Nazis"!! But other than that, just a nice regular day!
See ya missed us didn’t ya? Ha! You love us and you know it. You might as well admit it 🤪💕

Well, my last trip to Italy was cancelled due to COVID lock downs. Today, we booked another Italy trip, which goes pretty much through the country by Planes, Trains, Busses, boats, goldola's and automobiles.

As they say, ya can't take it with you!
When the lockdowns were on, April through May I had three housesitting jobs for people, all going to Italy. Of course, all three of those trips were cancelled. It was okay. I was taking time off from going out, seeing dogs, etc. and just working in my yard and house. Only one of those three couples has gone to Italy since, last year. That gave them extra time to practice learning Italian.

Latest posts

Back