What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister is here visiting, so this evening we had to have her favorite show on the TV. What a bunch of rot! Some reality TV soap opera type drivel with a bunch of call girls throwing themselves at a john. Nauseating whining about their "feelings" and stuff. I couldn't watch it. Had to put in my ear plugs, retreat to my bedroom, and read. I knew broadcast TV had gotten bad, I just didn't realize HOW bad...

My sister is here visiting, so this evening we had to have her favorite show on the TV. What a bunch of rot! Some reality TV soap opera type drivel with a bunch of call girls throwing themselves at a john. Nauseating whining about their "feelings" and stuff. I couldn't watch it. Had to put in my ear plugs, retreat to my bedroom, and read. I knew broadcast TV had gotten bad, I just didn't realize HOW bad...
That is why there is just dust on my television now. It is sad that because they broadcast rot, that people will watch it. Someone was complaining that their soap wasn't on, maybe they didn't have power. Boohoo.

Coming to America, a movie my daughter owned when she was young. We probably watched it dozens of times when she was a kid. I just sent her a text that I was watching it. Her response: "It's the best." Complete fiction about an African prince played by Eddie Murphy. Without the daughter, I would never have watched it. Too many aspects just would have turned me off.

Last edited:
Sent Sunday afternoon and all of today learning "how to" operate a new competition scoring program, meshing it with an online score hosting site and adding the links to a third organization's web site.

Figuring out all the fine details, then implementing the details to get the end goal to work!

Fun stuff! Seriously fun! This is basically what I did before I retired, this was a lot more fun because there wasn't constant interruptions from fellow co-workers.

The book always is.
This is the truth. I am a visual person, so having the visual is always good for me. There are many movies or stories that without knowing what it is about, I am lost at understanding. This is a reason I might watch a movie, read the book, then watch the movie again. Or, without a book, watch the movie a couple more times to make sense of it.

Latest posts

Back