What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not heard of that one. Am watching Roseanne again.
It is on Netflix. I thought I saw that there had been another season added. Evidently they have been approved for another season, but it is not out yet.

Tiptoes, a rom com with a large amount of dwarf's in the cast. Evidently there is a huge following of the show, perhaps in the dwarf community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiptoes

Today I saw of episode of "Great Trains" on the Smithsonian channel. It featured the Oslo - Bergen Line in Norway. The last stop is in the town of Bodo above the arctic circle.

I've been to Bergen long ago while in the navy. We came into Bergen through Fjords from the ocean. I wish I'd had a few days off, would have loved to take the train to Oslo or Bodo just for the scenery. Instead we spent our time at sea above the arctic circle chasing russians... cold up there, and the seas were rough.

Last edited:
Midway.

Check out the cast in this one.

Midway, released in the United Kingdom as Battle of Midway, is a 1976 American Technicolor war film that chronicles the June 1942 Battle of Midway, a turning point in World War II in the Pacific, directed by Jack Smight and produced by Walter Mirisch from a screenplay by Donald S. Sanford.[2][3] The film features an international cast of stars including Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn, Glenn Ford, Ed Nelson, Hal Holbrook, Toshiro Mifune, Robert Mitchum, Cliff Robertson, Robert Wagner, James Shigeta, Pat Morita, John Fujioka, Robert Ito and Christina Kokubo.

Been watching a pair of honkers (Canadian Geese) that have been hanging out in the field in front of our house. They fly back to the river then are back in the field. I'm sure there's a nest out there somewhere. They've been here for a week or so.

Midway.

Midway, released in the United Kingdom as Battle of Midway, is a 1976 American Technicolor war film that chronicles the June 1942 Battle of Midway, a turning point in World War II in the Pacific, directed by Jack Smight and produced by Walter Mirisch from a screenplay by Donald S. Sanford.[2][3] The film features an international cast of stars including Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn, Glenn Ford, Ed Nelson, Hal Holbrook, Toshiro Mifune, Robert Mitchum, Cliff Robertson, Robert Wagner, James Shigeta, Pat Morita, John Fujioka, Robert Ito and Christina Kokubo.
One of the all time best movies. Right up there with The Longest Day.

We just finished Murder Mountain it was about the pot growers in Humbolt county California.
I watched part of a series that I think was called Humboldt County. It has been a couple years ago. Seems that is a very rough place to go or to end up.

I started Yellowstone, still in episode 1. Just saw a scene where a cow was giving birth, but the "calf was pulled." It got up immediately and ran away. ha ha ha! I suppose there are things in making movies that are hard to replicate, and who would know what that really is supposed to look like?

Midway.

I did carpentry for Mrs Nimitz.
Very intense person. I didn't last long.

Just finished watching "The Guardian" with Simon Baker. It's a 20 year old tv series that is a good watch but they only made 3 seasons of it. I kept seeing familiar faces in tiny roles and finally checked the cast listing. I was right and it really was a young Chris Pine in one episode, Maureen McCormack as a receptionist in another and so on.

Simon Baker did another popular tv series called "The Mentalist". I'm going to start that one this evening.

Sill watching the Wynns, today is the great escape back out to open seas,first time in almot 22 years,This time they are a guy with them they met inTonga.

Midsummer Murders, father Brown Mysteries, Call the Midwife ... all on NetFlix, watched over the past year. I haven’t finished the last season of Longmire yet, my wife isn’t a fan, so I do t watch it if she is around
I like Midsummer Murders, thing is how can a small village have so many murders, seems like the population would be greatly reduced by now.

I used to watch that all the time

I got bored with my Turkish soap opera around episode 110....went back to watching another season of the Amazing Race ( 22 I think) .
I know a man who watches Turkish shows to help him learn to speak the language. He is a world traveler and always wants to be able to communicate with the locals wherever he travels to.

I have that movie too!! I like it better than the English version :) If you like this, you should watch the Bollywood version of Romeo and Juliet, it's great, good music too

Ram Chahe Leela Song ft. Priyanka Chopra - Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela - YouTube
I had never read the book, Pride and Prejudice, but have friends who are huge fans of all things Jane Austen. I decided to read the book and then to find all the variations of the movies. It is not easy to find movies that you randomly decide to watch. I had begun to think I would never find the Bollywood version.
In the process, I have watched some of the other movies and versions of Jane Austen's books. I am not finished with this whole rabbit hole yet.

I know a man who watches Turkish shows to help him learn to speak the language. He is a world traveler and always wants to be able to communicate with the locals wherever he travels to.

I can sort of relate to that. I have watched so many Bollywood movies, I can understand a lot of it without even reading the subtitles now. Plus been to India , but a lot of people there speak English, or a mix of Hindi and English
I don't know much about Jane Austen. What other movies of her books are there?

I can sort of relate to that. I have watched so many Bollywood movies, I can understand a lot of it without even reading the subtitles now. Plus been to India , but a lot of people there speak English, or a mix of Hindi and English
I don't know much about Jane Austen. What other movies of her books are there?
Early 1800's stuff: Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Sanditon. I have people tell me they do not care for stuff from this time, but I find it interesting about the manners, how people interact, and more. Most of this is more aristocratic people, but like all of this stuff, we see the lower class.

Early 1800's stuff: Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Sanditon. I have people tell me they do not care for stuff from this time, but I find it interesting about the manners, how people interact, and more. Most of this is more aristocratic people, but like all of this stuff, we see the lower class.

I like that sort of stuff too, I like reading trashy romance novels:) Catherine Coulter for example

I like that sort of stuff too, I like reading trashy romance novels:) Catherine Coulter for example
I have long thought that I didn't care for romance stuff, but I started watching a bunch of stuff that my daughter had in her large video collection and realized there was a bunch of romance stuff in it. I had watched most of it when she was growing up, so it was interesting to watch it again. Not all is romance, but given that I have been spending much more time at home in the last year, and especially in the winter, I have found I am watching more of it. It is mindless and feels good, mostly.

Latest posts

Back