What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more unrealistic, the more I usually like it. I HATE documentaries and war movies for example I don't like depressing stuff either. That is why I like older Bollywood movies with a nice wedding at the end
I have never liked war movies. That fits in with me never liking war and all the men whose lives have been taken in wars. There have been many wars in the last century that no one won, but everyone lost. I thought I liked action movies, but not the kind where you are holding your breath during chase scenes and who is going to get who.

I do like a good story, with a few layers of things going on, but not too many layers. My niece posted a list of default movies she watches when she cannot find anything else. I laughed, because I can see someone watching these over and over again, and likely a young woman. A friend of hers mentioned Mama Mia. I could watch these once a year, but not Sleepless in Seattle. Once is enough. Niece likely owns these DVDs.
•10 Things I Hate About You
•Bridget Jones’ Diary
•Sleepless in Seattle
•Pride & Prejudice (2005 version)
•Saved

I've watched, "Did You Hear About the Morgans?", and "Stepbrothers" alot of times. Husband has watched, "Kingpin", and "Dude, Where's My Car?" many times.
I know, those are weird choices.
I have never heard of any of those movies. I will look for them, but I just got about a dozen movies that I ordered through the library. I have movies for a couple weeks.
I am in Season 5 of Poldark.

Quiggly Down Under tonight
Does anyone else follow certain actors and actresses? I'll watch something and wonder what else has he or she been in, relative to what I watched. These people were all over the map. I still do some of this. I look at what movies are available through the library and order what I can for someone.

When I was younger, I watched everything that Tom Selleck was in, but I don't think I ever saw Quigly Down Under. I'm going to put that on my list of movies to watch. I don't care for the current television series he is in, Blue Bloods. I watched a few episodes when it first started and liked it at first, but then something put me off.

While I was doing dishes I watched a hawk. The sky is clear blue with storybook white clouds. It's windy and the hawk was facing the wind. I am always amazed by nature. It would soar then give 2-3 short wing flaps and hover in place not moving. I kept waiting for it to swoop but it didn't. Finally circled off.

I like true stories the best,mostly the ones who end on a positive note. One of my favorite was the true story of Johann Strauss, The Great Waltz.Really good actors in that movie.
Back to more recent was ,Healing Hands, Flash of Genius.

Quigley Down Under is another really good one that we've seen lots of times. Worth your watch, Weedy

I like that one also...

If you like western type films with Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott or both, there are several more, “The Shadow Riders” “The Sacketts” “Conagher” “Crossfire Trail” “The Quick and the Dead”. Kathrine Ross was in several of these. They were all based on novels by Louis L’amour.

Actually, there are a large number of westerns based on L’amour books. “Catlow” w/Yul Brynner, “Hondo” w/John Wayne

More L’amour stories made into movies… “Down the Long Hills” “The Cherokee Trail” “The Man Called Noon” “Shalako” “Taggart” “Guns of the Timberland” “The Tall Stranger” “The Burning Hills”

Just two of Tv series based on L'amour stories... “Maverick” and “Tales of Wells Fargo”

The guy wrote some great stories... if i'm reading a preview of a movie in my channel guide I perk up when I see the name L'amour.

I like that one also...

If you like western type films with Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott or both, there are several more, “The Shadow Riders” “The Sacketts” “Conagher” “Crossfire Trail” “The Quick and the Dead”. Kathrine Ross was in several of these. They were all based on novels by Louis L’amour.

Actually, there are a large number of westerns based on L’amour books. “Catlow” w/Yul Brynner, “Hondo” w/John Wayne

More L’amour stories made into movies… “Down the Long Hills” “The Cherokee Trail” “The Man Called Noon” “Shalako” “Taggart” “Guns of the Timberland” “The Tall Stranger” “The Burning Hills”

Just two of Tv series based on L'amour stories... “Maverick” and “Tales of Wells Fargo”

The guy wrote some great stories... if i'm reading a preview of a movie in my channel guide I perk up when I see the name L'amour.

Louie L'amour is one of Mr.Meer favorite authors. He has dozens of his books.

We just watched this movie for free on youtube. Most we pay for but some are free.

Its a true story ,based a Crip gang leader Stanlet Williams while on death row became world famous for writing childrens books.

I've watched, "Did You Hear About the Morgans?", and "Stepbrothers" alot of times. Husband has watched, "Kingpin", and "Dude, Where's My Car?" many times.
I know, those are weird choices.
I did a search for "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" Two New Yorkers on the verge of divorce in the witness protection program in Wyoming. Do you know the witness protection program around Yellowstone was real? A former colleague of mine used to take off in her Jeep in the summer and just drive for most of the summer, stopping here and there and hanging out. One summer she went north through Yellowstone. When school started in the fall, she talked about all the Italians especially that are around Yellowstone, in the witness protection program. But maybe other types beside mafia types are in the program as well?

Finished "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" this morning. I can see watching it again, but not often. LOL!

I'm still watching Poldark. Have the first 3 books on hold through the library, waiting for them to come in. I'm in a rabbit hole of period dramas. I have never really watched them much before, except for Downton Abbey until COVID. Jane Austen, Bridgerton, and now searching for what else has been made into film. There are often a few versions of Jane Austen's work, and they are extremely popular. (Pride and Prejudice with several variations, Emma, Sanditon, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Mansfield Park). I have had many men tell me they cannot stand it. On the other hand, I know several women who are all about period dramas. Are people viewing their own likes in separate rooms?

Poldark is 5 seasons, with at least 8 episodes each season, so more than 40 hours of viewing. Poldarks are the gentry class, below nobility, above peasants. Interesting to see how people were expected to behave and how they behaved. There are 12 Poldark books that go from the Revolutionary War, and for many decades. Not all of it was made into the series, but that would have been interesting. It is based on a real family, but fictionalized. The author met someone in the family, maybe Ross Poldark, and years later decided to write about them.

I mentioned Walter Brennan the other day, did some reading later. His squeaky voice... He was in the trenches in the WW1 and was injured in a gas attack. It permanently damaged his vocal cords.

Funny you mention him,we just watched him, this movie has it all,never seen so many subject touched in one movie,very good one about life.

Latest posts

Back