What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Peanut ever since I started deadlifting earlier this year, I've been paying attention to those competitions. One the I like is a type of "farmer's carry", where they stand inside a rectangular metal frame with weight on each corner. It has handles on the sides. They pick it up and carry it 50 feet, set it down, turn around, and carry it back. The most laps in two minutes wins. It was so heavy some of the strongmen got the skin ripped off their palms by the weight. I've never seen anything like it...
That the one where the baby flowed down stream.

"Butch Casidy & the Sundance Kid" leaving Amazon Prime 31 Dec 21.
My first summer in Kansas City, was when this movie came out and we could see it at a drive-in. Colleges are fairly quiet in the summer. This was a Catholic college, and I remember going to see this movie with some nuns one evening. I think I saw that movie three times at the drive-in that summer. I don't think I've seen it again since, but remember how much I enjoyed it then, enough to go 3 times.

The last 3 nights it's been Yellowstone.

I binge watched Yellowstone to catch up to this season and have thoroughly enjoyed. I like the prequel, 1883, as well. I have also been watching a series produced by Spectrum Cable called Joe Pickett. The series was based on a CJ Box novel, which I had read. It wasn't too bad. I hope they continue the concept and make a series of one book. I believe this was eleven one hour episodes and was pretty faithful to the book.

I heard Amazon Prime was doing the same thing with the Jack Reacher novels. One season would be based on one book. I loved the Jack Reacher novels, and they now seem to be better cast. Has anybody seen this series?

I binge watched Games of Thrones, but I have never seen Yellow Stone, some clips on Youtube.
But I never:eek: saw Breaking bad, did see Sons of Anarchy & True Blood.

I've been recording 1883. Haven't started watching it yet. Hope its decent.

I like it. I think we are both fans of Western history and it is realistic when depicting the hardship and travails of the wagon trains and settling the West. Hope you like it. JMHO but realism is important to me.

I have the "Breaking Bad" box set, all 6 seasons. Great show! There was a sequel movie about the kid "Jesse" after Walt was killed. Haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen all the "Better Call Saul" episodes either, just waiting for the box set.

There is another show I'm waiting for on dvd, "Preacher". It's a bizarre show based on an even more bizarre concept. But I liked it! It was the best written show I've seen in a long time. The humor is very dark, twisted and wickedly funny. Oh, did I leave out irreverent?

Watching college football today, might put in a movie later.

I have the "Breaking Bad" box set, all 6 seasons. Great show! There was a sequel movie about the kid "Jesse" after Walt was killed. Haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen all the "Better Call Saul" episodes either, just waiting for the box set.
I saw Breaking Bad when it first came out and then maybe a couple years ago.
I did not realize there was a movie about Jesse. I have never seen "Better Call Saul," but I can imagine him in a show of his own. I have meant to watch it.

"Being the Ricardos," about Lucille Ball (Nicole Kidman) and Desi Arness (sp). I had not realized that Lucille Ball was investigated for being a Communist. Her grandfather was a Communist, and when she was young, she registered as one. J. Edgar Hoover cleared her. What a horrible time in history that must have been for someone as talented as her.

"Being the Ricardos," about Lucille Ball (Nicole Kidman) and Desi Arness (sp). I had not realized that Lucille Ball was investigated for being a Communist. Her grandfather was a Communist, and when she was young, she registered as one. J. Edgar Hoover cleared her. What a horrible time in history that must have been for someone as talented as her.

I have OD'd on Football. Hasn't the worm turned? Lucy was a Communist and was persecuted. Now if you are not a Communist you are persecuted. Conservatives in Hollywood are harder to find than hen's teeth.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B078G3VXJP/ref=atv_wl_hom_c_unkc_1_3"17 Miracles" A true story about Mormons pulling handcarts across on the westward journey. It talks about the troubles of roughing it and how they, mostly, got through.
I have those folks on one side of the family. In an old journal, my gggma(?) wrote how back home in England she felt like she was being trained to be lady in waiting to the Queen and at present she was using a wooden crate as a chair.

Where are you guys watching 1883?

In our area Yellowstone and 1883 are on Sunday night. We get both on the Paramount Channel from the cable provider.

17 Miracles because others watched it. It is free on YouTube. Their beliefs are not my beliefs, but I do admire when others have that kind of faith.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B078G3VXJP/ref=atv_wl_hom_c_unkc_1_3"17 Miracles" A true story about Mormons pulling handcarts across on the westward journey. It talks about the troubles of roughing it and how they, mostly, got through.
I have those folks on one side of the family. In an old journal, my gggma(?) wrote how back home in England she felt like she was being trained to be lady in waiting to the Queen and at present she was using a wooden crate as a chair.

Latest posts

Back