What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that also, watched most of it on Hulu

Currently watching 2 things but I don't have a ton of time because weather is beautiful outside and there is lots of stuff to be done

older Bollywood movie

and

new Korean Netflix show The sound of Magic

I guess I am a spoiled American. I don't like watching movies that are in other languages with English subtitles. I often see American movies that have other languages dubbed over the top. I will watch movies that are in English. Once in a great while I will watch movies that are not in English, but it has to be a really special one, and I cannot even think of one of those now. By the end of the day, when I am watching movies, my eyes are tired and I am more into listening.

I guess I am a spoiled American. I don't like watching movies that are in other languages with English subtitles. ... By the end of the day, when I am watching movies, my eyes are tired and I am more into listening.
Totally get that. But, I have gotten used to subtitles. I watch movies in English with subtitles because I have a fair amount of hearing loss, and it is easier for me to follow a movie if the subtitles are on. (I suspect I need a new sound system; the voice track seems to blend in with other sounds, and I should probably be able to turn the voices up separately, but I can't.) Anyway, since I do subtitles for English movies, I can easily transition and watch a movie in another language.

Once in a while I enjoy watching an american movies I know that dubbed into another language. For instance I watched the 1984 version of Dune dubbed into spanish recently. It's hysterically funny! The voice used never matches the actors real voice. Not intended to be funny but it comes out that way. Okay, weird sense of humor, I know. 😁

Totally get that. But, I have gotten used to subtitles. I watch movies in English with subtitles because I have a fair amount of hearing loss, and it is easier for me to follow a movie if the subtitles are on. (I suspect I need a new sound system; the voice track seems to blend in with other sounds, and I should probably be able to turn the voices up separately, but I can't.) Anyway, since I do subtitles for English movies, I can easily transition and watch a movie in another language.
I know I am not telling you anything that you probably do not know. You are probably well equipped in comparison to me with technology.
The flat screen televisions are often used with sound bars now. I know I have been in the room with a large television screen and a separate sound bar. I just haven't been aware of the sound difference, but it is my lack of awareness, rather than the actual improvement.

Once in a while I enjoy watching an american movies I know that dubbed into another language. For instance I watched the 1984 version of Dune dubbed into spanish recently. It's hysterically funny! The voice used never matches the actors real voice. Not intended to be funny but it comes out that way. Okay, weird sense of humor, I know. 😁
Habla espanol?
I think this would work for me, if it is a movie that I have watched several times, such as Forest Gump.

I don't like watching movies that are in other languages with English subtitles.

The problem with subtitles for me, is that when I'm laughing so hard at the movie, with tears running down my face, that I can't read them anymore!

The movie below, while so silly and slapstick, got my family into such a laughing fit that we couldn't hardly read the lines that were making us laugh so hard.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108500/

I guess I am a spoiled American. I don't like watching movies that are in other languages with English subtitles. I often see American movies that have other languages dubbed over the top. I will watch movies that are in English. Once in a great while I will watch movies that are not in English, but it has to be a really special one, and I cannot even think of one of those now. By the end of the day, when I am watching movies, my eyes are tired and I am more into listening.

I can read really fast and I am watching it on a laptop so it's close and easy to read. If I had to watch some small print on a tv I wouldn't like it.
I have watched a few Bollywood movies in the movie theatre with subtitles and that was ok also. They had 1 movie theatre in Orlando that played them sometimes
What's a problem is watching something Spanish, my Spanish is not good enough to watch it without subs, but I understand a lot of it so it's confusing to read English and listen to Spanish.

Kesari

I almost never watch subtitled movies but this is the second time I've watched this one. It is an epic battle of 21 soldiers Vs. 10,000. Based on a true battle.

Watching the snow falling outside. Earlier the weather app said it was raining snow. Never heard of that before. Maybe really wet snow?
It is mixed rain and snow, we call it slush. It is the most dangerous driving condition. Your tires get stuck in the tracks ahead of you. it is slick and if the driver ahead of you slides a little sideways, you slide sideways it the tracks. Sometimes you can move sideways fast enough to break out of the tracks and get thrown right off the road. I've seen a lot of such where I'm at now.

Another way to wind up with slush is to have it snow a few inches and then turn to rain. The snow becomes a great sponge. If that wet snow is on your roof it is very, very heavy and can collapse your roof if it is thick enough. Bad stuff.

It is mixed rain and snow, we call it slush. It is the most dangerous driving condition. Your tires get stuck in the tracks ahead of you. it is slick and if the driver ahead of you slides a little sideways, you slide sideways it the tracks. Sometimes you can move sideways fast enough to break out of the tracks and get thrown right off the road. I've seen a lot of such where I'm at now.

Another way to wind up with slush is to have it snow a few inches and then turn to rain. The snow becomes a great sponge. If that wet snow is on your roof it is very, very heavy and can collapse your roof if it is thick enough. Bad stuff.
When it cools down a little more, it will get slick. Currently 34 degrees F and snowing. Predicted low is 31. It could be worse!

Survivor, Season 1

Ever think you want to have a community with other survivors? This says a lot about how people get along.

People are greedy. Everyone wants that million $
Some of those Survivor seasons are incredible. I like the season with the bald cop that was very sneeky but ended up winning, Tony something?

Watching yet another awesome Korean show Misty. It's sort of a soap opera7murder mystery

I saw that on Netflix , is it any good?
I liked it, but you can only view Season 1 now. There are more seasons out there, if you have access to them, but not on Netflix. I didn't realize that when I started watching it, or I might not have watched Season 1. When the rest becomes available, I will want to watch Season 1 over again, or else I will forget all the details.

Last edited:
I saw "Candy", at a friends house.
As the true true crime series Candy, starring Jessica Biel, drops on Hulu expect nothing short of an eerie suburban nightmare. Candy, an '80s housewife who was accused of killing her friend and lover's wife with a three-foot ax, is based on true events that rocked the nation in 1980

I did learn something this weekend. Sometimes a show will start in a different language, but you can change the language that you hear for it.

I've been housesitting, watching Apple TV which I do not get at home. "The Shrink Next Door," with Paul Rudd and Will Ferrell is based on a true story. I forgot that part as I was watching it, but at the end of the series, they tell about it. Interesting storyline.

We have been watching the Jesse Stone series with Tom Selleck, got a couple more to watch. I may pick up on the series 'The Unit' for a few episodes.

I'm waiting for Old Henry to come out free somewhere, lol.

I'd like to see 'OLD HENRY'---I'm not one for modern movies, though I did break down and see 'TOP GUN: MAVERICK' on Friday, paying $7.50 at the first matinee. I only went for the flying, I'm not really a big Tom Cruise fan, though I must admit he has longevity in a separate reality where few actors last years, let alone decades. Some of the flight sequences were doctored, of course, but there were enough real scenes to make up for it. Pretty sure that "Gen 5 Fighter" flat spin was doctored, but I just saw one of our own F-35s pull a flat spin at the air show a few weeks ago. That's a crazy maneuver when done intentionally, but there's enough surface area on the wings to pull it off... the (stone-cold sober) pilot must feel like a drunk in a wreck when that warplane slews around, and pulling or dropping out of that spin has to exert some weird forces on the human body. I reckon that's why the pilots are mostly young & fit, as I once was... :confused:

Back on topic, I don't watch ANY modern TV programming, it's all globalist propaganda at this point. Has been since the '80s or '90s, really... but I prefer the older stuff made for entertainment purposes, and not political propaganda. Anybody out there remember these shows?

---RAWHIDE

---THE RIFLEMAN

---ALL IN THE FAMILY

---GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

---HOGAN'S HEROES

---THE MUNSTERS

Just to name a few, there were others which were also entertaining... sadly, those shows have been replaced with modern PC shows, pffffffft. Funny how the phrase "politically correct" originated in the communist party. I can just see Archie Bunker as a card-carrying communist, lol... damn. As if---AS IF---THAT will ever happen. No, wait, I'm sure that at some point in the not-too-distant future, old Archie will resurface in new episodes as a WOKETARD (a nod to Spikedriver here), bending over backwards with his "virtue signalling" to lick globalist boot soles and diss conservative Whitey, lol. Somehow, I foresee a failure in any effort to portray Archie in such a fashion... but then again, maybe old school viewers will all be dead of natural causes by the time the first episode airs, with the entire original series "canceled" for all eternity. ;)

P.S. In some of the latest 'TOP GUN' movie scenes filmed in San Diego, you can see the islands offshore, the very same Coronados where I landed my Laser so many times back in the day... good memories there, and an unexpected bonus as far as the film goes. There are also shots of Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, with its spectacular views of San Diego and the Pacific Ocean. I don't miss Kalifornia, it was the right call to escape from that leftist lunatic asylum, but those shots certainly stirred good memories of how things were decades ago. Oh, well, no way I could afford to live there now, unless I went the homeless route... meh, I'm back to my cold beer, I'm contemplating another relocation to an area where there's boating right near my prospective home. That's something I DO miss, the boating, and I'd gladly settle for fresh water instead of salt... all part of the Brave New Third Nautical World, lol. :oops:

Latest posts

Back