What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching the reboot of Quantum Leap and really like it. Felt like I was coming in late and then realized it was season 2. so I started watching season 1. Got about 3 episodes in now.
They rebooted quantum leap?! I loved that show!

Two days ago I watched "Snowmageddon" on Amazon Prime. That's a few hours of life I will never get back. You'd think the title would have tipped me off. But NOOOO, I just had to look at the "4 out of 5 stars" rating on the Prime preview (after watching the movie, I checked IMDB and it was 3.8/10 there - a more fitting rating). Somehow, I made it through the entire movie. But the operative question is not "Did I make it to the end?", it is "WHY did I hang on until the end?" I guess there was nothing else to do but go to bed at that point, and I didn't want to go to bed yet.

I don't watch tv, but yesterday the medicine was making me groggy, and I had the fire lit, so I balled up on the couch and watched a Coen brothers movie. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs- I loved it, so many faces - it's not your usual movie though, its a bunch of short stories, all with a western theme.

They rebooted quantum leap?! I loved that show!
Yeah. It's a sequel to the original. Sadly, the actor who played Al had passed before they made it so they said Al passed away (sorry if that is a spoiler) a year before the pilot. I really enjoy it. Raymond Lee is very good. Some might consider Ian too "woke" but I don't mind the character. Reminds me a little of Garcia from Criminal Minds. A little over the top, but in a funny way (to me, at least). It has Ernie Hudson in it as well. There's a lot of suspension of disbelief, but I find it entertaining.

Sonya, that reminds me, I used to watch some of the shows from Hong King when I lived in Singapore. There was a period soap opera set in the past (not sure which century) where there was an emperor and a woman who had sworn to kill him but traveled with him, not knowing he was her target, and they fell in love. There was another one with a character named Jing who was completely browbeaten by a woman he loved named Ruong and there was an enemy called The West Venom. They were quite entertaining. I wish I could remember the names of the shows.

I watched 17 episodes of the General's Lady. Really reminds me of the stuff from Singapore. It's like live action anime. Had to fast forward through some of the mushy stuff, but the costumes, music, and character are fun. How can you go wrong with names like Cutie Pie, Little Onion, and Panther Face. LOL.

Hanna. I picked up stuff this time through that I missed before. Perhaps because of current events. One example is the girls are given an AI generated kill list of people considered dangerous to TPTB in future years.

Learned something tonight. Saw the show 'expedition unknown'. Josh somebody is the host. Harald Bluetooth Gormsson was a viking king way back when.

Years ago when the Ericsson corp invented a new wireless communication method they named it after... Harald Bluetooth Gormsson.

Anyway, the show was interesting... trying to find where this ancient king was actually buried. They think on the coast of Poland at a famous viking city. They aren't even sure where the city was, much less the king. :oops:

Learned something tonight. Saw the show 'expedition unknown'. Josh somebody is the host. Harald Bluetooth Gormsson was a viking king way back when.

Years ago when the Ericsson corp invented a new wireless communication method they named it after... Harald Bluetooth Gormsson.

Anyway, the show was interesting... trying to find where this ancient king was actually buried. They think on the coast of Poland at a famous viking city. They aren't even sure where the city was, much less the king. :oops:
Josh Gates. We watch that show from time to time. Usually pretty interesting on the history side of things. But I have yet to see an episode where they find exactly what they are searching for. Seems they always find a few to several items that lead in a direction, but never totally solve it. Almost always are in interesting locations. He must have a really good travel budget

I watched 17 episodes of the General's Lady. Really reminds me of the stuff from Singapore. It's like live action anime. Had to fast forward through some of the mushy stuff, but the costumes, music, and character are fun. How can you go wrong with names like Cutie Pie, Little Onion, and Panther Face. LOL.
lol the link I sent? Glad you liked it. I haven't finished. I take breaks from reading subtitles and watch German murder mysteries without commericals

currently watching Schwarzwald Krimi ( creepy murder mystery in the Black Forest)

Keeping up with the new Reacher series. Watching Young Sheldon.

I am also watching the second season of Reacher. I read all of the books, and loved the first season. A very welcome change to see they cast the Reacher character properly.

My wife wanted to try the Kevin Costner "Yellowstone" series last night. I know it's already a few seasons old, but we started with the first episode (only watched it halfway through, we'll probably finish that first episode tonight).

Hmmm. They appear to have made a TV series where every character is an unlikable prick. They must have hired the same writing staff as "Dallas". We'll see if my opinion of the show changes as it goes on. It's supposed to be a good series from what I've heard.

...the Kevin Costner "Yellowstone" series...

Hmmm. They appear to have made a TV series where every character is an unlikable prick. They must have hired the same writing staff as "Dallas". We'll see if my opinion of the show changes as it goes on. It's supposed to be a good series from what I've heard.
This.

My wife and I actually stopped watching Yellowstone when the last remaining son became a prick. I need someone to like in a TV series, a movie, a book. If I don't like anyone, I'm not interested.

We moved on to Ride, on the Hallmark Channel. Maybe there are better shows, and some of the conflict is contrived (and there is a goofy woke pair of characters, but they don't rub it into the viewer's face) ... but at least we can like a lot of these characters.

Last edited:
I didn't know about this one.
Nor did I, I'm glad we didn't blow it off I really liked it, so much so I may watch it again in the not too distant future.

Latest posts

Back