Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I have the day planned out from the day before.
Sometimes I just let it play out.
Today is let it play out.

Jim

One of my all-time favorite retirement stories: Wife asks the husband "What are you going to do today?"
Husband says "I am going to sit on the front porch and rock."
Wife says "You did that yesterday,"
Husband says "Well, I wasn't finished."

Some day, hopefully soon.

Morning all.
Just sitting here by the fire waiting for it to get light. The wife just got up. She's looking good. Doesn't seem to have any left over affects from yesterday's attack.
Got the propane delivered yesterday. The truck got stuck 3 times getting in here. I'll need to do some more work on the road before the diesel delivery truck comes up.

Morning all.
Just sitting here by the fire waiting for it to get light. The wife just got up. She's looking good. Doesn't seem to have any left over affects from yesterday's attack.
Got the propane delivered yesterday. The truck got stuck 3 times getting in here. I'll need to do some more work on the road before the diesel delivery truck comes up.

One of my all-time favorite retirement stories: Wife asks the husband "What are you going to do today?"
Husband says "I am going to sit on the front porch and rock."
Wife says "You did that yesterday,"
Husband says "Well, I wasn't finished."

Some day, hopefully soon.

When it was still warm out, that was my morning start everyday. Rocking on front porch , watching sunrise, having coffee, waving at cars .
Now it's by the window inside.
Can't wait till it gets warm.

Jim

When it was still warm out, that was my morning start everyday. Rocking on front porch , watching sunrise, having coffee, waving at cars .
Now it's by the window inside.
Can't wait till it gets warm.

Jim

I am thinking my morning routine when I retire will start with the morning coffee and a nice cigar on the patio. We face East, so I will be in the back yard and not able to see the sunrise. Maybe I will do it again in the evening, so I can see the sunset. :good luck:

Good greetings! @Double R I told myself I said self, “lights out by midnight!” I’m late. But trying for some better habits. Hoping the resident offspring are just having sniffles and not that other worldwide dread etc.
I’m glad you have your property standards and I’ll bet you’ll find what you’re after. I’d want to be sure to have other necessities in place too so I didn’t have to travel too far to use them. I bet you get what you are searching for. Sweet dreams. Last two nights I’ve had bad dreams and while checking out at the store had a deja vu moment of a dream I had a few years ago. Exactly what my current situation is, so a bit unsettling, plus the current world situation but my own situation in the dream was just like now. I don’t hate my situation but I get a little spooked when I have those “why is this familiar” moments.

Hey @Patchouli! It’s only 10:21pm so your good 😉
There’s no point in moving if we will be miserable. We can do that here. I pray for my sanity we find something promising soon. I’m feeling a bit down about it at this point. Tough time to try and do this but it’s the first possible time so trying to make the best of it. Just want us to be happy.
I’ve been having trouble sleeping too and when I do I’m having nightmares. Thankfully we got to the bottom of the breathing issue so at least now that’s over. Lots of sick people around so praying I haven’t taxed my immune system to bad in all this.
Get some sweet dreams tonight 🤗

Okay, never expected to see a comment like this. Not good. Respect is important here.
Even an old guy like me that grew up in the 40's and 50's doesn't feel good to see this kind of comment, not something I'd expect to see here, it is disrespectful, it does make my skin crawl and I'm certainly far from perfect in my ways.

I'm good thanks, just bored out of my tree. I am house sitting my son's place while he is off getting additional training. I am all caught up on the snow shoveling and hoping it doesn't slide off the house roof before my arms get rested up. I have a pile of wood hauled up to the house so I don't have to do that when the temperature drops again. Trying to do weights in his gym but too many years of tractors and bus driving and I have gotten weak.

I went into town for an oil change yesterday and sat on my duff for two hours waiting for that. Bought a few things to stash in the closet.

I will be here till end of Jan and then two weeks off and two on until the end of June. Apparently, my son bought a digital piano to keep me occupied but it hasn't shown up yet. Looking forward to that. I have a hard time sleeping these days as you can tell from the time of reply.

Up & kicking, should be asleep, but six hours & I am wide awake.

Good Morning. I too am an early riser. About half the time much earlier than I planned or wanted. Oh well, You are up. Might as well do something.

No storms just the usual weather. When the wind gets going the drifts are a pain in the ***.

The dump is finally open today, so I am taking his stock pile there today. I swore I wouldn't clean house, but I need to keep busy. I did come across his snow shoes, they are so much nicer these days, so I am going for a walk down to the river while the walking is good. I am an out doors person. I don't like being cooped up.

You non-sleepers: chamomile tea & no cheese in the evening (cheese can cause disturbing dreams - can't remember why but it's true.)
@Double R We are also hunting & have a requirement list. Slim pickin's I tell ya. How 'bout you pray we find a place & I'll pray for you guys. Maybe we'll end up neighbors 😁
@dademoss Nice pix ! Though I do miss the hat 😇

You non-sleepers: chamomile tea & no cheese in the evening (cheese can cause disturbing dreams - can't remember why but it's true.)
@Double R We are also hunting & have a requirement list. Slim pickin's I tell ya. How 'bout you pray we find a place & I'll pray for you guys. Maybe we'll end up neighbors 😁
@dademoss Nice pix ! Though I do miss the hat 😇

Slim pickings is right. I would absolutely love to be neighbors. We will pray for you for sure! I am beyond ready.

@Pearl for you my dear
1642222046798.png

Those are some giant mules, 😲! I love old pictures like that!!💗 I like looking at pictures, any pictures. The people, what's in the background. The people I clean for have "clean" pictures because I like to look at them when dusting them!!

Those are some giant mules, 😲! I love old pictures like that!!💗 I like looking at pictures, any pictures. The people, what's in the background. The people I clean for have "clean" pictures because I like to look at them when dusting them!!
I have never seen mules that big. Can you imagine the fertilizer they produce!

Latest posts

Back